Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Team Captains [Merge]

21isSuperman

With Manning, Brackett, and Bullitt all gone, who will replace them as team captains? On defense, I want to say Angerer (since it's almost always the team's MLB), but Bethea should get some consideration. He is a good leader and one of the best players we have. On offense, who do you take? Wayne? Saturday if he comes back?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think on offense, Reggie deserves to be the captain. On defense, it should be Robert Mathis, he's more vocal than Bethea. On ST, it should be Adam. I believe there is one more, so I'd give it to Jeff, and if he's not there, then I guess Bethea.

I think on offense, Reggie deserves to be the captain. On defense, it should be Robert Mathis, he's more vocal than Bethea. On ST, it should be Adam. I believe there is one more, so I'd give it to Jeff, and if he's not there, then I guess Bethea.

I agree about Mathis but I also believe Redding will be one.

With Manning, Brackett, and Bullitt all gone, who will replace them as team captains? On defense, I want to say Angerer (since it's almost always the team's MLB), but Bethea should get some consideration. He is a good leader and one of the best players we have. On offense, who do you take? Wayne? Saturday if he comes back?

Of players still on the roster at this time..

Robert Mathis, Reggie Wayne, Antonie Bethea and Donald Brown

I agree about Mathis but I also believe Redding will be one.

He's been here for 2 days...I know he knows Pagano, and he's a great morale player, but he knows no one in Indy. He doesn't even have a home here yet.

He's been here for 2 days...I know he knows Pagano, and he's a great morale player, but he knows no one in Indy. He doesn't even have a home here yet.

Knowing Pagano and being a great morale player is all he needs with his work ethic.

• 1 month later...

Pat Macfee

Pat Angerer

Reggie Wayne

Adam Vinateri

Jerrad Powers

Donald Brown

I feel like with a lot of our long team mebers leaving there isnt really any one that could take the spots. I feel like Wayne diserves it hes been on the team a long time and also Angerer hes a beast on the defence. And Vinateri has always been a Captian. What are your thoughts

Pat Macfee

Pat Angerer

Reggie Wayne

Adam Vinateri

Jerrad Powers

Donald Brown

I feel like with a lot of our long team mebers leaving there isnt really any one that could take the spots. I feel like Wayne diserves it hes been on the team a long time and also Angerer hes a beast on the defence. And Vinateri has always been a Captian. What are your thoughts

Brown and powers over bethea? Wha?!?!?!?!

Wayne on offense, Bethea on D, AV on STs (if he's on the team).

He will be we didn't draft a kicker or punter and we didn't cut him when we cut other players for cap space. We aren't just going to keep pat either. AV will be a colt unless he just forgets how to kick or gets hurt.

I would agree those will be the captains as well.

Why only holdovers? On D, I think Bethea, Angerer, and Redding have good chances. Redding knows the D and, by all accounts, is taking up something of a leadership role.

On O, I think you have Wayne and Luck.

ST will likely still be Vinatieri. The Eagles appointed theirs weekly, and I assume there will be a second captain appointed as such.

He will be we didn't draft a kicker or punter and we didn't cut him when we cut other players for cap space. We aren't just going to keep pat either. AV will be a colt unless he just forgets how to kick or gets hurt.

I would agree those will be the captains as well.

We have Gary Anderson's kid on the roster. Mainly to keep AV's legs fresh. Kind of doubt he'd beat him out unless we're in dire need of cap space.

We have Gary Anderson's kid on the roster. Mainly to keep AV's legs fresh. Kind of doubt he'd beat him out unless we're in dire need of cap space.

If that was tbe case Adam would have been cut when we cut the others for cap space. Cutting Adam will not save them much money in the football world and probably not enough to lose his clutch leg for.

You said it Anderson here for a camp leg to rest Adam like we have just about every year.

Pat Macfee

Pat Angerer

Reggie Wayne

Adam Vinateri

Jerrad Powers

Donald Brown

Any of the above except Powers or Brown. Could really see D as Bethea, Mathis, or Freeney.

Why don't we just call Andy Reid, he really likes naming captains and has so much experience . (NOT)

Any of the above except Powers or Brown. Could really see D as Bethea, Mathis, or Freeney.

Why don't we just call Andy Reid, he really likes naming captains and has so much experience . (NOT)

I was thinking Captain Hook, Captain Crunch, or my favorite Captain Morgan....none count too much against the cap! :)

Why only holdovers? On D, I think Bethea, Angerer, and Redding have good chances. Redding knows the D and, by all accounts, is taking up something of a leadership role.

On O, I think you have Wayne and Luck.

ST will likely still be Vinatieri. The Eagles appointed theirs weekly, and I assume there will be a second captain appointed as such.

You simply cannot have neew players as team capatins...

That's a slap in the face to veteran Colts