Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4 impressions: Brissett

SouthernIndianaNDFan

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

If campbell hadn't  fumbled  we wouldn't  have been down 7 to begin with.

There's no guarantee they score a TD there. And it was late 2nd quarter...and the D/ST got the ball right back at midfield. How does that even compare to a pick 6 with the ball down 7?

• Like 1

Listen, this is all I have to say to Jacoby. Keep your head up! When your over-hyped, over-rated Pro Bowl tight end, not Jack Doyle by the way, drops passes the way he does, then has a meltdown on the sideline and by the way was not in the depleted offensive scheme during key stretches in the 2nd half. He is one of a few on this team that needs a serious look in the mirror! 

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

Amusing how many fans expected Brssett to never make any mistakes ever.  Picks happen.

More than good.  That's a roughly 40 TD pace

Look, INTs happen. I think Brisett rather less INTs than other QBs. This last one, returned for TD was really badly timed. IMO it was a terribly underthrown ball, was easy to intercept, and happened at crucial part of the game, when he had to take extreme care of the ball. I wouldn't put all the blame on Brisett for the loss, but he had his share, just like others. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe that INT doesn’t happen if Campbell doesn’t fumble. We were close enough to go for it. JB int came which hardly no time left and you just have to chuck it.

The Colts had 4 possessions between Campbell's fumble and JB's pick. And they had 2 mins and all of their TOs when they started the pick 6 drive. It was just a very costly mistake...and definitely had more impact than a fumble. 

But again...it was a team loss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Look, INTs happen. I think Brisett rather less INTs than other QBs. This last one, returned for TD was really badly timed. IMO it was a terribly underthrown ball, was easy to intercept, and happened at crucial part of the game, when he had to take extreme care of the ball. I wouldn't put all the blame on Brisett for the loss, but he had his share, just like others. 

Sure, he made a big mistake that took the  Colts out of the game.  He's also directly responsible for the Colts ever being in the game at all.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think he had a really bad game.  Went to Campbell twice on deep routes, but he was completely covered.  He was once double covered and once quadruple covered.  He threw a lot of passes into coverage.  He also telegraphed that pick 6 at the end by a mile.  And is it just me, or does he look like he's throwing the ball at 100 mph each time?  Receivers didn't help him out very much with all those drops though

He put us in a bad position with the pick 6, and had some bad throws. He also had some good throws dropped.  I say he played at C level.

18 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Listen, this is all I have to say to Jacoby. Keep your head up! When your over-hyped, over-rated Pro Bowl tight end, not Jack Doyle by the way, drops passes the way he does, then has a meltdown on the sideline and by the way was not in the depleted offensive scheme during key stretches in the 2nd half. He is one of a few on this team that needs a serious look in the mirror! 

Ebron is going off on twitter also.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This by no way was JB fault and anyone that says it is smoking something. You can’t have all those dropped passes. Also you can’t rely on two rookie WR.

Umm he was pretty dang bad. Yes there were drops, more than there should have been, but he made some pretty bad throws and decisions. 

I don't put the entire loss on JB, but it was a bad game. All the Pollyannas can stamp their feet and blame it on everyone else, but JB simply had a bad game. 

1. He is still locking in WRs. The INT, the ball deep into coverage (PC), and several more.

2. He is still a "primary" read guy, and struggles through progressions and field vision. This goes hand and hand with him locking in too much. He had Ebron open and behind coverage for instance late up the middle, and had no idea.

3. He still lacks touch (the drops aren't all on him, but he could help). Lay off the heat once in a while.

4. His timing and placement aren't the best. Sure WRs need to hang on to the ball, but he could also lead them better, and improve his timing. On one incompletion, he had either Campbell or Cain sitting down open over the middle and didn't throw it till the DBs/LBs closed in and the WR had to cut back. That's not the young WRs acting lost, that's JB missing an opportunity. That's what some slot routes are designed to do, find the hole, and sit. Last week he threw 3 very bad balls on back shoulder plays to two different WRs. Actually 4 bad balls to 3 different, but TY bailed him out once and made an incredible adjustment.

5. For a tall guy, too many batted down balls. He needs to understand his depth to the line, and the defensive personnel (game prep) in front of him.

In short, the team for the most part played bad today, including the play calling. But.. you can't count on a perfect game from everyone (including the QB) every week, and expect to win with a conservative dink and dunk + run game plan, and a QB with a medium skill set.

We're just about where I thought we'd be after 4 games. But honestly, we've played 4 mediocre teams so still not sure what to think. LAC is simply not that good, TN is highly inconsistent, ATL is pretty bad, and the Raiders are far from good. IMO, we're lucky to be 2-2.

• Like 4

I didn't even read through the posts (no need) but the pick 6 is not why we lost. Our defense was garbage. Let the JB haters have fun all week lmao . Also yeah lets bring in Chad Kelly lmao or he isn't Andrew Luck, post it haha . I already know without reading any posts what is being said.

Our defense is why we lost, plain and simple. Going down 14-0 to Carr and the Oakland offense to guys I have never heard of just sucks. Our defense is bad, I am hoping it is because Leonard is out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

3 TD, 1 pick, 250+ yards.  Horrible.

Of the reasons we lost this game. Brissett isn't in the top 5

Lol. 1 touchdown after a fumble in the red zone, don’t remember exactly where at.

1 touchdown after his pick 6 that sealed the game.

The one to Rodgers was legit.

He was bad today, the whole team was, but so was he. He locks on to receivers, the pick 6 is a direct result of it. And don’t say he didn’t because I was sitting right behind him and he never looked anywhere else besides to Cain. 

Its ok, I’m not saying we need to get rid of him, but he wasn’t good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't even read through the posts (no need) but the pick 6 is not why we lost. Our defense was garbage. Let the JB haters have fun all week lmao . Also yeah lets bring in Chad Kelly lmao or he isn't Andrew Luck, post it haha . I already know without reading any posts what is being said.

Our defense is why we lost, plain and simple. Going down 14-0 to Carr and the Oakland offense to guys I have never heard of just sucks. Our defense is bad, I am hoping it is because Leonard is out.

Defense was bad, no doubt. Offense was also bad. And Brissett made some bad throws/decisions. But no, definitely not all on him.

• Like 2

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Lol. 1 touchdown after a fumble in the red zone, don’t remember exactly where at.

He was bad today, the whole team was, but so was he. He locks on to receivers, the pick 6 is a direct result of it. And don’t say he didn’t because I was sitting right behind him and he never looked anywhere else besides to Cain. 

The receivers weren’t exactly getting open.

The only play I didn’t like was the deep shot to Campbell. Campbell had 4 guys on him so there should of been a open guy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Dude, if you're going to ignore the stats and cherry pick individual bad plays, you can make anyone look incompetent

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I think u  r starting to c why Detroit dumped him.  Can't catch and way to emotional 

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

If our defense holds Oakland 3 and out you do realize we get the ball back with a minute left. We couldn't stop them all day basically. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The only play I didn’t like was the deep shot to Campbell. Campbell had 4 guys on him so there should of been a open guy.

Yea and Campbell quit on the play. He stopped running and wasn’t even looking for the ball. 

He he had some other bad passes too. It’s ok though, it’s going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There was plenty times when guys were open and JB either didn't see them, or stayed on the 1st or primary read.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

Dude, if you're going to ignore the stats and cherry pick individual bad plays, you can make anyone look incompetent

What am I ignoring or cherry picking? He couldn’t drive down the field all game. The only time he scored was when there was a turnover that left them in good position. I don’t care about garbage time TD’s.

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

What am I ignoring or cherry picking? He couldn’t drive down the field all game. The only time he scored was when there was a turnover that left them in good position. I don’t care about garbage time TD’s.

You're cherry picking by focusing on individual plays rather than evaluating the game as a whole.  And by eliminating TDs that you don't consider valid.  That's classic cherry picking.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If our defense holds Oakland 3 and out you do realize we get the ball back with a minute left. We couldn't stop them all day basically. 

Lol ok...and after watching the game all day you still think he was going to drive the field and score? He couldn’t do it the drive before.

Why is it a sin to say Brissett played bad? He missed open receivers quite a bit today because he locks on to his first read. He mad some inaccurate throws. The pass catchers dropped passes, the running game was non existent and the D was horrible. Fair enough?

I saw nothing wrong with Brissett's game today with the exception of the misread pick 6.

Having said that, I saw Cain drop a first down, I saw Rogers drop a first down and I saw Ebron drop 3 first downs AND a catchable down the field ball. 

All of those drops are obviously drive killers and momentum changers.

He is the same guy we saw last week, no need to panic about him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Lol ok...and after watching the game all day you still think he was going to drive the field and score? He couldn’t do it the drive before.

Why is it a sin to say Brissett played bad? He missed open receivers quite a bit today because he locks on to his first read. He mad some inaccurate throws. The pass catchers dropped passes, the running game was non existent and the D was horrible. Fair enough?

The drive before he threw a 50 yard TD pass to Ebron. Nothing wrong with saying Brissett played bad on a couple of drives.  His pick 6 was awful.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

You're cherry picking by focusing on individual plays rather than evaluating the game as a whole.  And by eliminating TDs that you don't consider valid.  That's classic cherry picking.

You think he played a good first half? You think he played a good 3rd quarter? What about when the game was on the line? Seriously, what about today did you think he did well? He had like 50% completion. 

He didn’t get get a lot of help, I already admitted that, but he isn’t above reproach.