Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4 impressions: Brissett

SouthernIndianaNDFan

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

this thread is about Jaboy, he would not be the first thing i blamed, but i wasnt happy with how he played either

I wasn't happy. I wasn't mad. I don't expect generational greatness from Brissett. I expect OK-ness or slightly better than OK. And that's what he was against the Raiders. 

I'm not saying you specifically blame him for the loss, but a lot of people have especially earlier on in this thread, and anyway the general consensus is that he played bad, and that's what I disagree with

19 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

NFL receivers should catch those footballs.

Brissett is accurate and hitting their hands. That’s what matters.

Accurate?????  He threw it over the heads of the recivers many times a NO touch...that is on the QB.  Brissett is who we thought is was.... Below the fold when it comes to NFL QB's

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

that is a different thread.  this thread is about Jacoby, do you think he was good yesterday?

Lots of blame for all, Including Eberflus, who has done a poor job as DC.  But the D didn't throw a pick 6, over throw receivers and blister a ball into a WR when it needed touch.

1 minute ago, BLUEx40 said:

Ive already stated what i think about jacoby its a great read you should scroll through and check it out  

i dont agree that hes our long term starter.  hes inaccurate, throws it way too hard every time and isnt good at reading the field 

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't even read through the posts (no need) but the pick 6 is not why we lost. Our defense was garbage. Let the JB haters have fun all week lmao . Also yeah lets bring in Chad Kelly lmao or he isn't Andrew Luck, post it haha . I already know without reading any posts what is being said.

Our defense is why we lost, plain and simple. Going down 14-0 to Carr and the Oakland offense to guys I have never heard of just sucks. Our defense is bad, I am hoping it is because Leonard is out.

I don't blame just the defense alone, although they were bad.  We went 3 and out our first two possessions.  That didn't help our defense.

i dont agree that hes our long term starter.  hes inaccurate, throws it way too hard every time and isnt good at reading the field 

So you would call a guy who completed his first 16 passes last week inaccurate your either trolling or arent watching the same games as me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLUEx40 said:

So you would call a guy who completed his first 16 passes last week inaccurate your either trolling or arent watching the same games as me 

hes inconsistent, that was one good game.  hes had bad games too.  he wasnt very good in the second half of that game either

Not trying to pile it on, this is just observation: 

I think he's throwing it so hard because he has to. He isn't anticipating throws and staring down receivers and needs to rifle it in such a small window. He's accurate (except for the deep passes) but the receivers need to get with it already. 

I realize they are going from Luck (soft throws) to Brissett (fast balls), but work this crap out in practice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Not trying to pile it on, this is just observation: 

I think he's throwing it so hard because he has to. He isn't anticipating throws and staring down receivers and needs to rifle it in such a small window. He's accurate, but the receivers need to get with it already. 

I realize they are going from Luck to Brissett, but work this garbage out in practice. 

Oh, and if he'd stop staring down receivers, that would help as well. 

I complely agree with this hopefully he starts to get some chemistry with some other than TY 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I'll say it again -- 250+ yards, 3TD, 1 pick.

You can talk about the bad timing on the pick 6 (is there ever a GOOD time for a pick 6?) but the overall numbers are what they are.  Just like they were what they were in the first 2 weeks when people harped on his low yardage numbers.

You can't go "but mah numbers" in the first 2 weeks and then turn around and ignore them when it's convenient

Brissett wasn't anywhere near our worst problem today.

When evaluating Brissett, according to this thread, I don't think he was the WORST problem, but there is definitely room for improvement.  He had some bad throws and a pick 6, and he had some TDs and dropped passes.  It was just a bad game overall.  I will say I feel the drops were more costly than his bad throws.  I'd have to re-rewatch the game, but I'm not sure how many 3rd down throws he had that were bad.  I feel like they were 1st or 2nd down shots that were thrown into coverage.  Regardless of this game, I'm still ON the Brissett train. 

4 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

When evaluating Brissett, according to this thread, I don't think he was the WORST problem, but there is definitely room for improvement.  He had some bad throws and a pick 6, and he had some TDs and dropped passes.  It was just a bad game overall.  I will say I feel the drops were more costly than his bad throws.  I'd have to re-rewatch the game, but I'm not sure how many 3rd down throws he had that were bad.  I feel like they were 1st or 2nd down shots that were thrown into coverage.  Regardless of this game, I'm still ON the Brissett train. 

I feel the same i feel he might have some bad games he was thrust into a unusual position i mean the entire offense was desined completely for luck he going growing pains and hes definitely going to need to get alot extra time with the receivers but i truly think he can com into his own in this offense and make us and the entire fanbase proud choo choo

• Like 1

We didn't lose this game because of Jacoby Brissett and that's just a fact.

I don't even have to get into the details.  He did enough that with a good 

defensive performance we should have won the game.  And that's even with

all of the dropped passes on the offensive side of things. Biggest hole in that game was the defense. The defense was bad and I hate it because I didn't see this coming.  I thought we'd be really good this year. There's still time for that, but we need to make some adjustments. 

24 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Jacoby is the starter for minimum 2 years.

how do you figure that?  they can get out of his contract next year

teams like the chiefs and texans made trades recently to get their guy without having high picks.  the chiefs even had a much better Qb than JB when they did it.  i will be disappointed if they stick with him that long though

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

teams like the chiefs and texans made trades recently to get their guy without having high picks.  the chiefs even had a much better Qb than JB when they did it.  i will be disappointed if they stick with him that long though

The only way Jacoby is going anywhere is if ballard sees a Mahomes type QB he can trade up for. It’s way to early to make any conclusions on JB. Especially when almost everyone played like crap. Including the coaches play calling.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The only way Jacoby is going anywhere is if ballard sees a Mahomes type QB he can trade up for. It’s way to early to make any conclusions on JB. Especially when almost everyone played like crap. Including the coaches play calling.

they dont have to be a Mahomes, they just have to be good.  that will be there too, the question is where are we picking and how far would we have to move up. 

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think hes terrible, i think hes just mediocre and thats not going to be enough in a conference with Brady and Mahomes.  they can make moves and find someone else, it happens almost every year

This is why people are making fun of you. Do you think Brady and Mahomes grow on trees. Your making conclusions about JB when the story isn’t over yet. To say he isn’t going to improve is ridiculous. Especially with all the extenuating circumstances yesterday.

I think this contract is a perfect bridge QB contract. If they decide to draft a rookie QB that is. I think Brissett is good enough to secure you some base level of competency at the position and let your team function well while you develop your QB of the future without having to rush him in year 1. He's also seems like a good guy who can be good influence on whoever you draft. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is why people are making fun of you. Sob you think Brady and Mahomes grow on trees. Your making conclusions about JB when the story isn’t over yet. To say he isn’t going to improve is ridiculous. Especially with all the extenuating circumstances yesterday.

a lot of people agree with me too.  i dont care if you laugh at my posts, you are homer and Jb can do no wrong in your eyes 

lol at making fun of me, people make fun of you all the time

I'm not wasting my time whining about Brissett.  We could have won this game offensively yesterday with what he did even with the drops.  The problem was the defense, just as it was

the problem last year when Luck played the Raiders.  Defensive approach and personnel adjustments need to be made to stop the leaking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

bovI'm not wasting my time whining about Brissett.  We could have won this game offensively yesterday with what he did even with the drops.  The problem was the defense, just as it was

the problem last year when Luck played the Raiders.  Defensive approach and personnel adjustments need to be made to stop the leaking. 

Yep. Brissett is like number ten on the list to worry about. You also can’t ignore he had no WR.  Ryan Kelly also sucked at his job yesterday letting them bat down passes.

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they dont have to be a Mahomes, they just have to be good.  that will be there too, the question is where are we picking and how far would we have to move up. 

Currently, it looks like Brissett could finish the season as a top 15 QB.   That would put him in the "good" category.   Not sure Ballard would use a 1st round pick (or give up picks) to go after another "good" QB.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a lot of people agree with me too.  i dont care if you laugh at my posts, you are homer and Jb can do no wrong in your eyes 

lol at making fun of me, people make fun of you all the time

Or are you the type of person that sees everything hes done as bad he was our backup some people are stuck on that like he cant play cause he was backup hes better than half the starters right now

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

Currently, it looks like Brissett could finish the season as a top 15 QB.   That would put him in the "good" category.   Not sure Ballard would use a 1st round pick (or give up picks) to go after another "good" QB.  

The loss of Luck, reinforces how void of talent the Colts are, especially on defense. Brissett has played admirably as the starter and there are more pressing needs on defense. DT, DE, Safety and CB. So, I doubt QB in the 1st Rd is likely in 2020.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

The loss of Luck, reinforces how void of talent the Colts are, especially on defense. Brissett has played admirably as the starter and there are more pressing needs on defense. DT, DE, Safety and CB. So, I doubt QB in the 1st Rd is likely in 2020.

This is a great point and something I said before the season started. It could open eyes to the organization to improve this defense instead of ignoring them because luck could cover them up.

Just now, BLUEx40 said:

16/16 10/2 on pace for 40 top 14 in qbr above guys like aaron rodgers and jimmy g jus a few stats

Qb rating is over rated, if he really finishes with 40 TDs that will be good, but hes not there yet

i want to see him lift a team the way good QBs do, right now hes mediocre and that wont take us far. if you only look at stats then you miss how hes slow to make reads and throws it too hard every play