Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4 impressions: Brissett

SouthernIndianaNDFan

2 hours ago, 07dleigh said:

Man, all this "he's throwing the ball too hard" has got to stop. Like, c'mon now. As a former WR, that's B.S. At the NFL level, if it hits your hands... it should be a reception. Period. Let's not make excuses..

I agree here, for the most part.  As long as the QB 'knows' how to loft one over an underneath defender without overshooting his target (and possibly into the hands of a deep defender), the velocity generally should not matter.  Windows in the NFL are minimal and passes often have to be timed well with high velocity and accuracy.

By 2016, Golden Tate's hands were already deformed by Matthew Stafford-

"The Detroit Lions receiver said Stafford throws so hard, his hands -- especially his pinkies -- have become deformed over the last couple years."

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2016/09/matthew_stafford_throws_so_har.html

Yet in 2019, Golden Tate said this -

"Stafford's been the best quarterback I've played with," Tate told ClickOnDetroit.com. "The guy can flat out play, he's tough, and his attitude is amazing and he just wants to play ball. For me I have nothing but praises for him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001035934/article/golden-tate-stafford-is-best-qb-ive-played-with

Considering Tate played with Russell Wilson in Seattle, recently with Carson Wentz and then Nick Foles, and Now Eli Manning and Daniel Jones, this is fairly high praise.  And no complaints about 'throwing it too hard' are mentioned.

JB seems tough too. And he has those in the know that have done it backing him.  I hope it shows very soon.

BTW, I think some minor research shows many/most NFL QB's can throw between 55 - 60 mph.