Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 4 impressions: Brissett

SouthernIndianaNDFan

14 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

NFL receivers should catch those footballs.

Brissett is accurate and hitting their hands. That’s what matters.

I'm not talking about how accurate they are, or whether the guys should catch them. I'm talking about Brissett throwing it way too hard, way more often than necessary. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I'm not talking about how accurate they are, or whether the guys should catch them. I'm talking about Brissett throwing it way too hard, way more often than necessary. 

I agree, however you said “no wonder they drop everything”. They should still catch those footballs.

• Like 1

I think the key word here is "inconsistent."  Showed his youth today.  Had some serious issue with drops.  And the pick was a throw a veteran doesn't attempt,  But he still was the driving force of the offense today, especially after Mack got hurt.  He was the reason we had a chance in this game, after the terrible performance the D put up.

Bottom line we need to get healthy.  Bad.

• Like 2

I think he had a really bad game.  Went to Campbell twice on deep routes, but he was completely covered.  He was once double covered and once quadruple covered.  He threw a lot of passes into coverage.  He also telegraphed that pick 6 at the end by a mile.  And is it just me, or does he look like he's throwing the ball at 100 mph each time?  Receivers didn't help him out very much with all those drops though

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Brissett isn't the future, Mack is hurt again surprise surprise. Defense is gonna be legit when we get Hooker and Leonard back. Turay is a welcome addition. Brissett throws the ball way harder than he should, and fails to lead receivers. Sorry, just quick thoughts. Oh yeah, the Lions look legit. 

I must have watched a different Colts-Raiders game.  Almost ALL of his throws were where they needed or should be.  These receivers can't get separation or catch the ball when they should.  How many dropped passes today?

• Like 2

Whole team was flat.  Hard to judge an individual performance amid the sea of mediocrity (to be kind) we witnessed today. I think they were already thinking KC.   It was a hard game to watch, our D scheme is pathetic, makes our offense need to be perfect to compete with the raiders at home and they were far from perfect.  Cant wait for the pressers.

• Like 2

Can't really spin it...not a good game for JB...but not terrible either. TDs are nice...but one is garbage time TD and another is from a botched handoff fumble. Ultimately, the pick 6 in crunch time sealed it. Not difficult to pick up that JB goes after that first read quite often. 

But even though this is a JB thread...this loss was on the team today...they looked mediocre. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

None of the young receivers stepped up. Ebron dropped balls, Reich put him in bad position by running the ball on 1st and 10 time and time again. With all that said, Brissett didn't look good today. 

Not quite true, Zack Pascal had a good game but Pascal can't do it all himself.

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Not a good day. This is one of the problems I’ve feared with Brissett. He can manage the game, but he can’t really take it over. 

No one really helped him out today by any means, but even still, there’s a lack of killer instinct with him. 

Stop you sound ridiculous.  What did you expect with two rookie WR having to carry the game and all the drops. JB still had 3 TD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Can't really spin it...not a good game for JB...but not terrible either. TDs are nice...but one is garbage time TD and another is from a botched handoff fumble. Ultimately, the pick 6 in crunch time sealed it. Not difficult to pick up that JB goes after that first read quite often. 

But even though this is a JB thread...this loss was on the team today...they looked mediocre. 

Cause they r mediocre 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Stop you sound ridiculous.  What did you expect with two rookie WR having to carry the game and all the drops. JB still had 3 TD.

Yep, and even with the awful pick 6 he's still at 3 TD 1 INT

In terms of individual effort this was a game with some warts but a pretty good effort. The D letting the Raiders have a quick 21 killed us today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich called a very bad offensive game. Campbell and Cain looked lost.

Campbell and Cain have looked lost all year.  I'm almost ready to stop waiting on them and start calling for Ballard to shore up the WR team.  

Right now our #2 receiver is Zack Pascal.  That's how bad Cain and Campbell have been.

• Like 1

week 4 impressions Pass rush needs to improve. Still too many third and longs being completed.

Team is still too reliant on T.y.Hilton on offense.

Brissett did well despite all the drops and us losing the turnover battle.  If not for all the drops he probably has a 400 yard 5 td game.

• Like 1