Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jalen Ramsey being shopped -- any interest?

per Ian Rappaport, the Jags are fielding offers.

he would make our secondary a lot better.  I mean a LOT better.  And considering this team is going to be carried by its D, you have to think about this.

Do we think one of the next 2 years is The Year?  If so, offer Kelly and a first and whatever else it takes to bring him over.  We have the cap space, we are a competitive team, we have good coaching and leadership in the locker room to keep a guy like him under control.  It would work, IF we can tempt the Jags.

I don't know if he would fit our scheme or not since he's a man to man CB and we play a lot of zone coverages. We have the cap space to resign him but there is the character issues. Minkah just got traded to the Steelers for a 1st. Jalen Ramsey will cost a similar type package one that Ballard isn't willing to give up. 

Luck had a 137.5 passer rating against him, much of that involved TY. So, he can be attacked with success.

Guys like Ramsey are a cancer to a team. As long as a team is winning, everything is fine. But if a team has a rough spot, guys like him are the first to cause dissension.

Would be shocked if the Colts gave up a first rounder + whatever for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Never be afraid of a few diva players.  You can't let them take over, but if the rest of the franchise is strong and there's truly good leadership both in the coach's office and in the clubhouse you can deal with a few of those guys.

We're in a better position than most franchises to handle a diva or two.

• Thanks 1

He's probably the best corner in the league right now, but......he's not going to be a Colt.

I just hope that the Jags are not stupid enough to trade him within the division to the Titans or Texans.

I hope he'll end up in the NFC on some other bottom dwelling team.

they wont trade him here and we need our draft picks.  hes from Tennessee and said he prefers the titans, but they wont trade him there either

just hoping he doesnt go to NE for a late pick or something, then they cut him lose after winning the super bowl and let someone else give him a huge contract

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 11:31 AM, CaptainColt12 said:

I don't want a guy who fakes that he's gonna help Andrew Luck get up, but takes his hand away.

That sounds like a guy who would have a hissy fit, if his coach didn't throw a red flag (and risk losing a time out), for a 3 yard gain.

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

He’s just saying that to drive the price up. 

No, owners really don't do that. GM's might do that, because the agents and other teams call the GM and he makes personnel deals.  They don't call the owner (unless it is JJ) and go over the GM to make deals, and owners don't typically drop down to do gimmicky sales tactics. They don't have to. They can instruct certain people to do it for them, if desired.

I think they keep him for 7.5 million this year.  Next year? Will they pay the 13.7 mil, or trade him for someone that will not only give up draft assets, but rent Ramsey for one year at almost 14 million, hoping he won't go FA on you and sign long term?

I also want to point out a trend.  All of these players using whatever leverage they have to 'get moved', not a single one of them has come financially ahead by doing so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Rapport reported the other day that someone offered them 2 firsts and they still turned it down.

I don't blame them. Teams making offers, let's say KC, are going to be at the lower third of the draft, especially after adding Ramsey. At this point, better to wait til end of season, see what picks you get from locked draft slots from a team that feels it can make a big jump, ala Browns this past offseason

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I don't blame them. Teams making offers, let's say KC, are going to be at the lower third of the draft, especially after adding Ramsey. At this point, better to wait til end of season, see what picks you get from locked draft slots from a team that feels it can make a big jump, ala Browns this past offseason

one of the teams I saw rumored to have been in was the texans but that didn't make sense as they're already without a 1st

• 2 weeks later...

The Jags r kind of  screwed.  The teams that want him and who r willing to trade for him are picking late in the draft.  Their 2 1st round picks would probably amount to say a top 15 pick if u wrapped them into one.  That's low return for Ramsey who is viewed by some as a Sanders type corner.  The teams that have the draft capital won't trade for him because they r in a rebuild or are a couple of years away from competing.   He does not want to b in Jacksonville and I beleive they have to move him for the sake of the franchise.  I say he goes to Philly when it is all said and done.

• Like 1

P.s....would I trade 2 1st rounders for Ramsey.....damn rights I would. Hooker....Willis....Sin and Ramsey in the back end. Formidable and we have 2  2nds next year.  Sign a DT in free agency and take another DT with our high 2nd round pick. Mayb even use both of our 2nds on the interior. 

On 9/30/2019 at 11:47 AM, red14 said:

That sounds like a guy who would have a hissy fit, if his coach didn't throw a red flag (and risk losing a time out), for a 3 yard gain.

Well Maronne and Coughlin have there own defects as well. Both strike me as a couple of arrogant fools. Ramsey has never gotten into trouble with the law and questioning Maronnes coaching isn't exactly treasonous.   What has he done , Maronne, to actually garner any respect from his players? So Ramsey  has a hissy for so now he is a cancer?  He is apparently one of the best corners to come  around in years.  Name me an elite corner who doesn't have swag.....arrogance?  It kind of comes with being a shut down corner.  All the great ones were with Darrell Green being the exception.