Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9/1 Roster Moves

CR91

25 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

You know, if the Colts think he's that good - and Frank Reich watches him everyday and probably knows something about NFL quarterbacks - they'll put him on the 53-man roster.  I don't always believe in the management of a pro sports team, but I trust Ballard and Reich to decide the best way to handle any Chad Kelly decisions. 

well they didnt cut him for a reason Frank is the one talking about him in the highest regard 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

well they didnt cut him for a reason Frank is the one talking about him in the highest regard 

So why are you concerned about the Colts putting him on the practice squad where they know any other team could sign him? Frank seems pretty sharp to me and very much on the same page as Chris Ballard. If Frank wants to keep Kelly, I bet they keep Kelly. That doesn't mean they shouldn't bring in somebody more experienced if they're not sure Kelly is ready for starting job and the spotlight that comes with it should Brissett get hurt or struggle in the starting role.  

1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

So why are you concerned about the Colts putting him on the practice squad where they know any other team could sign him? Frank seems pretty sharp to me and very much on the same page as Chris Ballard. If Frank wants to keep Kelly, I bet they keep Kelly. That doesn't mean they shouldn't bring in somebody more experienced if they're not sure Kelly is ready for starting job and the spotlight that comes with it should Brissett get hurt or struggle in the starting role.  

I'm not you guys are all the ones saying hes not gonna be on the team. 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm not you guys are all the ones saying hes not gonna be on the team. 

I never said he wasn't going to be on the team... I posted earlier that it speaks volumes that they are looking at veteran players to sign. Frank Reich agreed with Stephen Holder the night of Andrew's announce that they needed to find a veteran player. To me, that says they don't want Kelly as the Plan B right now. That doesn't mean he doesn't stick on the active roster. I don't generally like 3 qb's on an active roster, but we don't have a choice if we want Kelly here. 

If Ballard's mindset is anything like many of us on here that question Kelly, it's that him as plan B scares the Hell out of you... One more brush with the law and his season is over, effectively. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I never said he wasn't going to be on the team... I posted earlier that it speaks volumes that they are looking at veteran players to sign. Frank Reich agreed with Stephen Holder the night of Andrew's announce that they needed to find a veteran player. To me, that says they don't want Kelly as the Plan B right now. That doesn't mean he doesn't stick on the active roster. I don't generally like 3 qb's on an active roster, but we don't have a choice if we want Kelly here. 

If Ballard's mindset is anything like many of us on here that question Kelly, it's that him as plan B scares the Hell out of you... One more brush with the law and his season is over, effectively. 

That is what I have said since AL retired 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I agree. If they could pick up a guy like Hoyer I could see them letting Walker walk and carrying 3 QBs on the roster. I like Kelly's ability as much as anyone on here but I would like to give him more time to see if he can keep his nose clean and having a vet in reserve just in case he can't.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

the whole point some are trying to make is he prolly isnt going to the PS cause he will likely be picked up. he prolly isnt plan B but he will have to be kept on the 53

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That's the problem...they don't know how long they will need an extra backup, 2 weeks or 16 weeks or somewhere in between. I would think that Kelly would be fully up to speed as a backup by the end of the Colts bye week at week 6 at the latest.

• Like 1

Just now, CanuckColt said:

That's the problem...they don't know how long they will need an extra backup, 2 weeks or 16 weeks or somewhere in between. I would think that Kelly would be fully up to speed as a backup by the end of the Colts bye week at week 6 at the latest.

If Kelly isn’t up to speed now there is a problem. He has been with this team since the spring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

Why wouldn't he be up to speed on week 3? He's been with the team all off-season.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

the whole point some are trying to make is he prolly isnt going to the PS cause he will likely be picked up. he prolly isnt plan B but he will have to be kept on the 53

I have no doubt he isn’t plan B. The kid doesn’t have a resume to speak of in the NFL. The Colts are building off a terrific 2018 season and more was expected this season. Kelly plays the most important position in football, and I just can’t see the Colts laying down this year. They will compete and that means having a solid veteran behind Brissett, who gives the Colts a chance to win in the event JB gets hurt or doesn’t produce.  Swag had a great preseason and good college career, but the Colts are in win mode, time now. 

• Like 3