Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9/1 Roster Moves

CR91

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Ryan Lewis may not be a ST Ace but in the three games he started last year for the Bills he recorded 15 tackles, 3 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles and 2 special teams tackles. 

Seems fairly productive when given the chance.

Also, he ran a 4.37 so he's now our fastest DB.

Fairly sure those stats were over the entire season. He only started 3 games but I'm sure he appeared (in some capacity) in most of the games during the season.

8 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Hoyer might even be better than Brisset tbh.  he wont have the same arm, but the guy is a good game manager 

Oh, god, he's everything but good. He had, what, maybe 6-8 good games in a row in Cleveland in 10 years?

He is poor man's Fitzpatrick. He has one good game every once in a while, which makes you believe he is a real quarterback. Then, you have to realize, he isn't. He just lost his job to a rookie. And before that, to C.J. Beathard, and before that to Osweiler.

3 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

No. The main goal would be to find the best quarterback they can at that point. They may or may not think Chad Kelly is that guy. 

yes the season is pretty much washed if that happens, unless kelly is good

Just now, Peterk2011 said:

Oh, god, he's everything but good. Ha had, what, maybe 6-8 good games in a row in Cleveland in 10 years... He is poor man's Fitzpatrick. He has one good game every once in a while, which makes you believe he is a real quarterback. Then, you have to realize, he isn't. He just lost his job to a rookie. And before that, to C.J. Beathard, and before that to Osweiler.

doesnt take much to be better than JB.  whats his record?

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I am not doubting the player I do not one give the keys to a NFL franchise to a “kid”

see Art Schlicter a d Jeff George

there is a gap between giving him the keys and putting him on the practice squad where anyone can take him from.  he should be the backup, thats hardly giving him the keys

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

there is a gap between giving him the keys and putting him on the practice squad where anyone can take him from.  he should be the backup, thats hardly giving him the keys

If he is the primary backup he is one snap away

Ask Colt McCoy

2 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I know people don't like Walker on the PS but he'd make a good scout QB in practice.

There is a reason he's still on this roster/practice squad. He's very valuable to the scout team and he conducts himself like a professional... which speaks volumes to front offices.

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

I know people don't like Walker on the PS but he'd make a good scout QB in practice.

i said as much yesterday...the scout team QB isnt about to get sacked and given time in a clean pocket he can make all the throws he's mobile and you probably can use him for all sort of looks for the coming team you'd face. While having someone with a good arm is good too the PW hate on this board is unwarranted.

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Ask Colt McCoy

what would he need to do to show you hes ready to be a backup? time is pretty limited, might have to take a chance on his character with luck putting the team in this situation 

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Ask Colt McCoy

And that's a little risky with a guy who was arrested for drunken stupidity less than nine months ago and has been in trouble that the public knows about at least four times.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/24/broncos-qb-chad-kelly-hit-with-vacuum-tube-arrested-trespassing/

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Act more mature than he did in Denver

And if he doesn’t 

will forte fox GIF by The Last Man On Earth

they have said nothing but good things about him here, i guess it comes down to how long you think it should take to prove it

the Denver situation was pretty bizarre, my take away from that was he was drunk af and made a fool out of himself.  definitely a bad look but nothing heinous 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

they have said nothing but good things about him here, i guess it comes down to how long you think it should take to prove it

the Denver situation was pretty bizarre, my take away from that was he was drunk af and made a fool out of himself.  definitely a bad look but nothing heinous 

The NFL thought so

Moore on Milton 

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

He threatened to shoot up a bar with a assault weapon.

Archived