Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

9/1 Roster Moves

CR91

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

I dont think they are trading for Hoyer, he was released.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

You are assuming this front office thinks as highly about Chad Kelly as this forum does... We don't know how they feel, and if they are looking to trade for Hoyer, it doesn't sound great for CK. 

I think it's a safe assumption to make. Look at the quality of backups out there. Kelly was consistent throughout preseason.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

they are the ones that brought him in here to begin with, i think its fair to say they see something in CK.  Hoyer is a free agent, wouldnt be mad if we bring him in 

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they are the ones that brought him in here to begin with, i think its fair to say they see something in CK.  Hoyer is a free agent, wouldnt be mad if we bring him in 

I missed the news on the Pats releasing him. If he signs here, I don't see this franchise keeping 3 qbs on the active roster. 

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

They bring in lots of players who don't end up on the roster. I really like what we've seen from Kelly, but we, as fans, have no idea what the team thinks of his maturity or ability to lead the offense this season if Brissett were to go down.  

• Like 1

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

They bring in lots of players who don't end up on the roster. I really like what we've seen from Kelly, but we, as fans, have no idea what the team thinks of his maturity or ability to lead the offense this season if Brissett were to go down.  

there will be no expectations for this team if that happens.  the main goal in that case will be just find a QB

1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

That is why he needs some seasoning as the 3rd QB

• Like 1

i know a lot of people are not sold on kelly and there is some good reason for that.  the kelly hype is coming from the fact that he might be the most talented QB available, and we cant just let him go to the practice squad where he wont last