Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts also worked out Matt Cassel and Brandon Weeden

lollygagger8

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I really hope that they only bring someone in for two games. I would rather see Kelly as the backup since he has been here since the spring. At this point I think you just roll with walker for two games and hope JB doesn’t get hurt.

I don’t know who’s out there (I WOULD NOT want Sudfeld). I thought about rolling with Walker but since the first two weeks are AFC hopefuls (TENN a divisional opponent), we need to have a shot at winning both of those games.

I just hope they don’t lose Kelly for any  of the 3 they brought in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We just need to pray really hard JB stays healthy or we are screwed and it will be a lost season. None of these guys they are looking st are going to win us a game if JB can’t go. So might as well go with walker. At least he knows the playbook. We have JB but luck left us in a bad position at backup.

Maybe Andrew would be Inclind to be back up? Lol

They should all know it's just for two games then they will be cut when CK is eligible.  Nice money for two games if you can get the offer.  They would most likely never see the field.  I wouldn't negotiate too hard if I were them.  Colts would probably pay less at cut down day.  

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We just need to pray really hard JB stays healthy or we are screwed and it will be a lost season. None of these guys they are looking st are going to win us a game if JB can’t go. So might as well go with walker. At least he knows the playbook. We have JB but luck left us in a bad position at backup.

Does anyone here honestly care if we win a single game if Brissett were to go down this season? Honestly... 

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Does anyone here honestly care if we win a single game if Brissett were to go down this season? Honestly... 

Just why would you not care if the Colts win a single game under any circumstance?

As a Colts fan I want the Colts to win every game no matter who the QB is.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

It depends where we are.   If we are 10 games into the season and the division looks like this, then yes:

Titans - 5-5

Texans - 5-5

Colts - 5-5

Jags - 4-6  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Were you not here during the Curtis Painter year? 

That was beyond brutal 

It depended on how you viewed that season. You had some delusional fans that thought Manning was coming back at some point...and others that thought the husk of Kerry Collins could win NFL games (even if Manning didn’t come back). By the time Painter was playing...it was clearly obvious where that season was headed...but there was light at the end of the tunnel. I don’t think anyone prefers watching it...but I do think the outcomes becomes less important. It’s all about player development...and likely a good pick.

But for the Colts to be in that situation, they would have to lose Brissett. 

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I don’t know who’s out there (I WOULD NOT want Sudfeld). I thought about rolling with Walker but since the first two weeks are AFC hopefuls (TENN a divisional opponent), we need to have a shot at winning both of those games.

I just hope they don’t lose Kelly for any  of the 3 they brought in.

You can have both after week 2

Add Kelly to the 53 and cut the bottom player at a position of depth 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Were you not here during the Curtis Painter year? 

That was beyond brutal 

I was... and we landed the #1 pick overall that year. Guess what, it'll be brutal regardless who we get. 

If Brissett goes down after our franchise qb retires, I sincerely hope it's early enough that we luck into a premium pick to get our next guy. 

52 minutes ago, Devildog said:

I love your optimism, honestly.  lol.

:facepalm:

Very little optimism if Brissett goes down. I don't have the faith in Kelly that others here do, until he proves he can win a football game in this league. That doesn't mean I don't want him to get the chance. I just hope he doesn't have to. 

Here is the thing they are looking for a guy to hold the fort down for two weeks until Kelly is back because Walker isn’t good enough.  

They don’t expect these guys to challenge Jacoby for the starting job, heck I don’t think they expect them to challenge Kelly for the long term backup job.  They just want one of them to be better than Walker.

They just need someone that can play in break glass emergency situation.  Odds are that’s a seasoned vet like these guys are that can pick up a limited playbook quickly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Here is the thing they are looking for a guy to hold the fort down for two weeks until Kelly is back because Walker isn’t good enough.  

They don’t expect these guys to challenge Jacoby for the starting job, heck I don’t think they expect them to challenge Kelly for the long term backup job.  They just want one of them to be better than Walker.

They just need someone that can play in break glass emergency situation.  Odds are that’s a seasoned vet like these guys are that can pick up a limited playbook quickly.

To also serve as a mentor to JB and CK

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

It depended on how you viewed that season. You had some delusional fans that thought Manning was coming back at some point...and others that thought the husk of Kerry Collins could win NFL games (even if Manning didn’t come back). By the time Painter was playing...it was clearly obvious where that season was headed...but there was light at the end of the tunnel. I don’t think anyone prefers watching it...but I do think the outcomes becomes less important. It’s all about player development...and likely a good pick.

But for the Colts to be in that situation, they would have to lose Brissett. 

The end result ended up being good since they got the #1 pick, but the season was some of the worst football I've ever seen. 

I guess the other good thing was my Sundays were freed up a lot of the time during "Painter time" 

Let's hope the Colts don't lose Brissett. 

Not that this points to anything bad for Kelly, I mean I figured we'd be bringing in a vet to play back up for the first 2 games, but for some reason I can't shake the feeling they might not have confidence in Kelly as a back up. Obviously not because of his on field play, because that's been about as good as it can get, but possibly the off field stuff (even though by all accounts he's been behaving well here). 

Also, I wonder how he's been in the QB room in terms of learning the playbook/watching tape. If he is struggling there that could be another reason they don't end up riding with him as the back up. Again though, bringing in veteran QB's for a workout doesn't mean anything bad for him, it's just a feeling I have.

Well believe it or not, Brock Osweiller finished ahead of Kap in QBR in 2016 when he started for Houston.  You remember how bad he sucked?  Guys who suck that bad don't get contracts.  So there.  There is an answer.  Brock was better than Kap the last time Kap played.

• Like 1