Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of honor?

jvan1973

Andrew in the ring of honor  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of Honor

Just now, The Old Crow said:

Sadly, Jim Harbaugh will not be in the Raven’s ROH, as he only led us to a 6-10 record in 1998. His brother, though, may have a chance to sneak in ! 

Haha,   John is a lock obviously.   I know you were tongue in cheek there

As much as I liked Luck, and while I do respect his life choice of retiring,  I don't feel the way he retires was honorable.  I find it hard to believe,  although I may be wrong, that he didn't know if he wanted to play by OTAs.  It feels dishonest, warming up in front of fans, then bailing a few weeks before the season starts. To me honor is all of the time, 100%.  Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Andrew Luck was a far superior talent than Harbaugh.   If you can't see that then I don't know what to say.   This is coming from a guy that loves Jim Harbaugh 

I never argued that.. and yet he clearly took a super mediocre team and got us a jump ball from the Super Bowl.  Luck had a series of collapses in each playoff ending game.  The Pats blew us out each time we played.  Don't you remember "Captain Comeback" and his heroics?  They rivaled Luck's KC playoff comeback.  You might be too young?

39 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

IMO, there is no way Namath should be in the HOF based on his stats. It’s based on one game. I really like Jim Harbaugh, but his inclusion is heavily based on getting the team into the AFC Championship game. 

As you said, owners include players that from a stat perspective , shouldn’t be in, but maybe because of an intangible , like getting an organization out of the dark ages, it gets them in. 

I said the exact same thing when we had a Namath thread and got ripped for it. I agree 100% with your Post. If he doesn't win SB 3 he doesn't sniff the Hall of Fame. His stats were mediocre and he only won 2 playoff games. That 1 game changed how everyone looked at football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebombers87 said:

To be fair, Harbaugh won more playoff games than Luck in his years here. He also took the Colts to back to back AFC championship games.  Heck Harbaugh even won comeback player of the year, and he didn’t quit on the team. He may not have been as talented but it’s called the ring of Honor. What he did wasn’t honorable. How much was him vs the org we don’t know. But he ultimately is responsible for his actions.

I have sympathy for him wanting to retire for his health and support that. How he did it, was not honorable.

Wrong, Harbaugh only won 2 playoff games here and went to 1 Championship game in the 1995 season. Luck won 4 playoff games and also went to a championship game. 1995 was one of my favorite seasons and Harbaugh was awesome that season but your post is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wrong, Harbaugh only won 2 playoff games here and went to 1 Championship game in the 1995 season. Luck won 4 playoff games and also went to a championship game. 1995 was one of my favorite seasons and Harbaugh was awesome that season but your post is wrong.

He went to back to back AFC championship games. Calm down.

The fact the poll is fairly close despite this being a Colts forum says to me he won't (I voted no btw). Luck didn't even play in a Superbowl. Looking back, his impact just isn't significant enough. Many QB's have done better with less.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In the 4 seasons Jim Harbaugh was our QB, this was his playoff record:

1994 - we missed the playoffs

1995 - 2-1 lost in AFC Title Game to the Steelers

1996 - 0-1 lost in wildcard round to the Steelers

1997 - we missed the playoffs

At any rate, Harbaugh didn’t quit two weeks before the season started. He built Indy football into something more than just a technicality. Also he didn’t get blown out of the water in his AFC championship game.

Not knocking Luck, just stating facts.

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

You are correct. I am mistaken.

However either you aren’t calm or we are worlds apart on our definition of the word. 

I am very calm lmao , I just seen your post and knew it was wrong so I pointed it out. I did not type in caps or say anything to make it look like I am not calm haha .

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am very calm lmao , I just seen your post and knew it was wrong so I pointed it out. I did not type in caps or say anything to make it look like I am not calm haha .

Ok. Thank you for correcting my grave sin. The world is truly a better place now.

Shall it be lashings as penance or the stockade?

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Ok. Thank you for correcting my grave sin. The world is truly a better place now.

Shall it be lashings as penance or the stockade?

1995 is still my 2nd favorite season as a Colts fan (only behind 2006) so I agree that Harbaugh belongs in the ROH. Harbaugh was fun to watch while he was here. I just think Luck belongs also. I hated the way Luck retired right before the season but he accomplished a lot here.

• Like 1

I was mad at Luck first, then started to empathize with him, but now I'm back to mad. I think he eventually will get into the ROH (years and years from now) but I voted no since I'm still mad. lol 

It sure feels like Luck really quit on the team, and in a poor way.

Remember Ronnie Lott? They told him they could fix his finger but he'd have to leave the game, but he told them to cut it off and he went back in. Manning had his jaw wired shut, and went back out and played the next Sunday. Think of all the injuries Favre played through. This generation of players are soft.  

I also wonder is this is going to set a precedence for future players retiring early. I don't think we'll see players playing into their 40's anymore like Brees, Manning, Favre, Brady, etc. It seems like those days are over. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JPFolks said:

I never argued that.. and yet he clearly took a super mediocre team and got us a jump ball from the Super Bowl.  Luck had a series of collapses in each playoff ending game.  The Pats blew us out each time we played.  Don't you remember "Captain Comeback" and his heroics?  They rivaled Luck's KC playoff comeback.  You might be too young?

I remember it well.   They did not rival the KC comeback

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Would be silly not to put him up there. He's one of the greatest to ever play here.

Of course. Luck is great and Colts fans should be proud to have had such an upstanding individual represent the franchise. He played his heart out. (That may have been the problem.) I wish he had played 7 years for my team. I wish him the best.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I was mad at Luck first, then started to empathize with him, but now I'm back to mad. I

I also wonder is this is going to set a precedence for future players retiring early. I don't think we'll see players playing into their 40's anymore like Brees, Manning, Favre, Brady, etc. It seems like those days are over. 

It will be a "Logan's Run" league!

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:scoregood: Thanks for pointing that out the inaccuracies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Luck didn't quit on his team he hit a realization that he just doesn't have that passion or joy sort of speak to continue playing because of all the injuries he has battled through yes he could have made the decision sooner but its just how it all played out he owe's this team nothing if anything the team owe's him for letting him take all those beatdowns. But no he didn't quit he decided he could no longer be all in so he did the team a service by admitting that to himself and stepping aside and letting himself and the team move on.

Not saying it wasn't justified or understandable, but he quit. Plain and simple. He quit.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

They did

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No they didn't

They sent him off as he deserved at that moment in time. The fans that booed had every right to do so seeing how Luck behaved the last 2-3 weeks with his falsehoods.  

However, he is due a much better, much more appreciative for all the things he has done for this team.  However, this is a major wound and is gonna take some time for a lot of fans to get over this. Again, 5-7 years from now.

30 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They sent him off as he deserved at that moment in time. The fans that booed had every right to do so seeing how Luck behaved the last 2-3 weeks with his falsehoods.  

However, he is due a much better, much more appreciative for all the things he has done for this team.  However, this is a major wound and is gonna take some time for a lot of fans to get over this. Again, 5-7 years from now.

Not 100% sure he has done that much, is he involved in the community, very little, not like many others.  In football, he did his job and was paid very well, more then you or I will make likely over our lifetimes.  He never got us to a SB,won a couple of playoff games.  He is the past and time we forget him and move on, he was a visitor, never a community member or leader.

18 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Nonesense.

from the dictionary: 

Quit- leave (a place), usually permanently.

synonyms:leave, go away from, depart from, retire from, vacate, evacuate, move out of, exit from, withdraw from, abandon, desert

Retire- leave one's job and cease to work, typically upon reaching the normal age for leaving employment.

synonyms:give up work, stop working, stop work, quit work; 

reach retirement age

withdraw to or from a particular place.

synonyms:go off, withdraw, go away, go out, exit, quit , make an exit, take oneself off, depart, decamp, adjourn, leave for;

Andrew Luck QUIT

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MTC said:

I am shocked at the amount of users who voted no. 

I'm not, emotions across the fan base are still pretty raw. I bet in a year from now, that number will swap to the yes side.  Especially if we have a halfway decent season.  If we bomb... then that number is likely to increase on the no side

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

from the dictionary: 

Quit- leave (a place), usually permanently.

synonyms:leave, go away from, depart from, retire from, vacate, evacuate, move out of, exit from, withdraw from, abandon, desert

He made the right choice for himself and for this team moving forward when are you guys going to get if he stayed the injuries and constant cycle took the joy of the game away from him and he said he couldn't put his heart and soul into the position anymore therefore if he stayed that would be selfish and what he did was unselfish to himself and the team if he stayed he wouldn't have done good and that would have let the team down and set them back. Its time to move on give Jacoby a chance I will give him the season he's basically got a 1 year prove it deal.

17 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He made the right choice for himself and for this team moving forward when are you guys going to get if he stayed the injuries and constant cycle took the joy of the game away from him and he said he couldn't put his heart and soul into the position anymore therefore if he stayed that would be selfish and what he did was unselfish to himself and the team if he stayed he wouldn't have done good and that would have let the team down and set them back. Its time to move on give Jacoby a chance I will give him the season he's basically got a 1 year prove it deal.

He still quit.   Whatever his reason, he quit.  

That is silly speculation.    

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

No they didn't

Mostly cheers and clapping.

21 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I said it was understandable and justifiable. Regardless of how right the reasons are, he still QUIT