Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of honor?

jvan1973

Andrew in the ring of honor  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is Andrew going to be in the Ring of Honor

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I have to say no. I mean he played some really great ball while he was here. Enough the join the likes of Manning, Wayne, Harrison, Freeney, Unitas, and other in the ring? 

No. Sorry, but for me it’s a hard no. 

Jim Harbaugh?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I like Marshall Faulk and Jim Harbaugh but they are there for one good reason because this was a basketball town and this team was horrible until those guys showed up. 

Eric Dickerson?  Chris Hinton?  Both great players.   Neither had the impact Andrew did

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I really hope Mr. Irsay gives the fans the opportunity to give Andrew the send off he deserves

He needs to do that way way before any ring of honor thing.  

I'm talking in the next couple weeks.  

Maybe the home opener.  

Idk.  

All in know is the Colts really screwed this up.

• Like 2

I'm going to say yes because to qualify for the ring of honor you just have to have played for the Colts and sold tickets.    

Luck did that.  

Irsay will agree.  

I don't see Luck as an all time great Colt though. But he would have been had he played a full career.

I voted yes. His retirement was abrupt and retiring 2 weeks before the season starts stings. It rubs some the wrong way, I get it. I am not happy about it. Having said that he was 53-33 as a starter and won 4 playoff games, got us to an AFC Title Game with really no O.Line or running game. Jim Harbaugh is in, so no way Andrew doesn't make it in. Andrew was a better player compared to Harbaugh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the merits of accomplishment, yes... I believe he deserves to be up there.

I'm just not sure he wants to be.

And quite honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Andrew quietly asks Jimmy Irsay to NOT extend him that honor. 

I could be wrong.... but right now its pretty clear that Andrew Luck wants to get as far away from football as he can.... and he may not want to come back for accolades or any other reason.

5 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

I'm going to say yes because to qualify for the ring of honor you just have to have played for the Colts and sold tickets.    

Luck did that.  

Irsay will agree.  

I don't see Luck as an all time great Colt though. But he would have been had he played a full career.

Chris Hinton sold tickets to colts games?

9 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Maybe the home opener.  

Idk.  

Totally agree

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

He'll make the Ring of Honor.  But not the Hall of Fame.

I agree. He didn't play long enough to be a Hall of Famer and he didn't win any SB's. I believe he belongs in the Colts Ring of Honor though. He wasn't Peyton or Unitas obviously but IMO he was very good/borderline great some could argue.

16 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

Maybe the home opener.  

Idk.  

Meh, Luck screwed this up. Luck was the one throwing balls before the game he announces his retirement, Luck ran the cone drills, Luck told people he would be the starter week 1. Colts aren’t perfect but this whole things rests on the shoulders of one Andrew Luck

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Eugene Daniel should be in.    I'm guessing a large number of posters have no idea who that is

I think Bob Sanders belongs and he was always injured. Reason why I think Bob belongs is, it was obvious we were a different team with him out there. Our D was much better with him. He also won DPOY in 2007 and without him I do not think we win the SB in 2006.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I have to say no. I mean he played some really great ball while he was here. Enough the join the likes of Manning, Wayne, Harrison, Freeney, Unitas, and other in the ring? 

No. Sorry, but for me it’s a hard no. 

Unitas isn’t in the Ring, but I think you have to put Luck in. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Bob Sanders belongs and he was always injured. Reason why I think Bob belongs is, it was obvious we were a different team with him out there. Our D was much better with him. He also won DPOY in 2007 and without him I do not think we win the SB in 2006.

Agreed. He deserves to go in there before Luck for sure. Namely due to the Super Bowl but also do to his work off the field

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh, Luck screwed this up. Luck was the one throwing balls before the game he announces his retirement, Luck ran the cone drills, Luck told people he would be the starter week 1. Colts aren’t perfect but this whole things rests on the shoulders of one Andrew Luck

If the Colts knew mid week, it should have been announced sooner.  

They did the fans and Luck a disservice.  

Now let's get back on topic.

6 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

If the Colts knew mid week, it should have been announced sooner.  

They did the fans and Luck a disservice.  

Now let's get back on topic.

If they knew. It sounds like they didn’t know until Friday at the earliest

either way, back to the topic.

does he deserve to be there, yes. Should he be there anytime soon, no. Not until this cools down, you know, in 5-7 years

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Jim Harbaugh?

That season was magical and he gutted out every inch of the field.  I’m glad he’s in that ring of honor.   

Id like Daniels too.   Every year it seemed  they tried to replace him with a younger corner and he wouldn’t have it.  Another gutsy colt. 

7 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

That season was magical and he gutted out every inch of the field.  I’m glad he’s in that ring of honor.   

Id like Daniels too.   Every year it seemed  they tried to replace him with a younger corner and he wouldn’t have it.  Another gutsy colt. 

Andrew was also a gutsy colt

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't Unitas choose not to be? I remember reading something that said he only wanted to be a part of Baltimore and wanted nothing to do with Indianapolis. That was a long time ago. 

At that time , that was what Unitas wanted. Currently, he is in a special section of the Raven’s Ring of Honor , with the other Baltimore Colt Hall of Famers. For some reason , Ted Hendricks is not included. I also vote for Mike “ Mad Dog “ Curtis , for the pro football HOF. 

Luck has to be put in the Indy Colts Ring of Honor. He is like Barry Sanders or Gayle Sayres, whose careers ended early. Great players though. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Eric Dickerson?  Chris Hinton?  Both great players.   Neither had the impact Andrew did

Peyton Manning have the greatest impact on this team. So what great impact did luck have on this team be on with Peyton started. I'm not saying you wasn't a great quarterback but there's no way doing in the Ring of Honor playing five and a half years and not winning any titles

• Like 1