Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck Retires/ The timing of it all... (merge)

boo2202

1 minute ago, Blackhawk4 said:

The thought process to say something like this has to be one of the most bizarre things ever. What does he owe you or anyone else? The man earned his money by doing his job.  He was good enough that he was able to earn millions. At the end of the day he stepped away from a game he didn't love anymore and was able to do it in one piece. Why slight him for that? 

Didn't say he owed anyone anything.  Well, until the organization comes for some of that guaranteed money he took.  

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

You get over it man, we get it dude, you support Luck and his decision! Great! A boatload of people don't! We have every right to vent in this moment. Sorry you don't agree with our sentiments, you don't have to quote every person and tell them you disagree with how they feel emotionally, in an obviously highly emotional time for the fans/fanbase. 

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Remember those days

Had a lot of bad weekends growing up between Princeton, UK, and the Colts/Chiefs

There was one year at the end in Baltimore that the only team they beat was New England , twice. Imagine that.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

This. And that he's close to JB and is giving him his moment. I believe Luck when he says going on would have been detrimental to the team. 

Not giving JB a fair chance and watching him leave while we suffer over the next decade could have proven to be very painful. I won't get my hopes up, but I take comfort in knowing this happening now versus limping through the season, and doing this next year right before the season would have been an absolute disaster. JB deserves what he is being given. 

I still think Lucks going to come back at some point.  I think the weight of how hard that last rehab was combined with the real potential of continuously staying injured this season was very hard for him to fathom. On the other hand there's got to be some even bigger stuff there because in my mind I'm asking why he didn't just opt to be put on IR or something for the whole season to get healed up? To just walk totally away I mean just damn......

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Mark it down...the worst thing about tonight was that the news leaked and that Colts fans booed Luck off the field.

Ballard called it out, Leonard called it out, Luck admitted it made him sad. Be angry all you want...but that's not going to be a good look going forward.

Maybe but it was deserved. The fans have been lied too, at the minimum by Luck. For that, he deserves every one of those boos

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, csmopar said:

“The toughest challenge of a leader is to keep your people motivated and together in the darkest hours of the darkest days” General Taylor, 101st Airborne Division Commander, Jan 1945

In light of this quote, you can really tell a persons' character by how they handle adversity.

Ironically, you are handling this situation... not well.

You are totally off-the-rails right now.  You're normally one of the more respectable posters on this website, but I've lost a lot of respect for you tonight.  :scorebad:

• Like 2

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Mark it down...the worst thing about tonight was that the news leaked and that Colts fans booed Luck off the field.

Ballard called it out, Leonard called it out, Luck admitted it made him sad. Be angry all you want...but that's not going to be a good look going forward.

Yep he's sad.  But all he'll have to do is go home and roll around in that bed of money and he'll feel right as rain.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I still think Lucks going to come back.  I think the weight of how hard that last rehab was combined with the real potential of continuously staying injured this season was very hard for him to fathom. On the other hand there's got to be some even bigger stuff there because in my mind I'm asking why he didn't just opt to be put on IR or something for the whole season to get healed up?

He won’t be back. 

52 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

It's his life.  As fans we think we matter, but we don't.  They don't play for us the play for themselves.  He put in 7 hard years.  The majority of those years with a dysfunctional gm and an inept coaching staff.  Got beat to s#*+ and lost his love for the game (or this franchise).  No surprises there.  Bottom line is for all the hype and talent hes chosen that being just a blip one the radar on NFL history outweighs going thru the pain and struggle to have his head bronzed in canton.  Time moves on, people outraged here (believe me I'm one of them) still have to work on Monday, pay mortgages, raise kids, go about the business of dying, basically deal with real life.  If luck plays or doesnt play I'm still gonna wake up with cancer tomorrow.  Sure I was hoping for a few good colts seasons before it consumes me but nothing about my real life changes, Luck or no Luck.  Be disappointed fans, we cant help how we feel, but try to keep it in perspective.  This guy has to live his life the best way he knows how and so do we.  Plus we get to see how good Reich really is now.  We'll all move on.  Good luck colts (no pun intended).

This is a real take. Thank you for sharing what you face. I am embarrassed for those who are petty, biting, and immature. But in the end, we all face our path. If it's one's path to spend the night here hating, so be it. 

I am going to go to sleep, fill my heart with love, and wake up tomorrow...still a Colts fan...... and none of you suckas can stop me!  :thmup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I still think Lucks going to come back.  I think the weight of how hard that last rehab was combined with the real potential of continuously staying injured this season was very hard for him to fathom. On the other hand there's got to be some even bigger stuff there because in my mind I'm asking why he didn't just opt to be put on IR or something for the whole season to get healed up?

I think you just answered it. 

He's cashed out man. He's done for good. He came back last year... His body is aged more than most qb's are by age 35, let alone 30. 

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

In light of this quote, you can really tell a persons' character by how they handle adversity.

Ironically, you are handling this situation... not well.

You are totally off-the-rails right now.  You're normally one of the more respectable posters on this website, but I've lost a lot of respect for you tonight.  :scorebad:

Fair enough. And I fully admit I’m likely not handling this very well. Maybe I need to take a short break. Thanks man

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

They should tread carefully with the fans.  

On 8/14/2019 at 11:11 PM, ojsglove said:

FWIW.  I think we the fans should have seen this coming.  I really like Andrew, but football isn't the most important thing in his life.  Mr. Irsay pretty much said the same thing when he mentioned what was going in in Andrews head during the shoulder issue.

Hell he's got a wife now and a child on the way,  he wants to spend his time with them,  he has all the money he will ever need,  I get it.  Not sure why it is so hard for people to understand that.  Football is just a game, live life on your terms Andrew.

Tried to warn you guys,  only Threeflight seen it too. Now the hang Andrew crap starts, so sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Yep he's sad.  But all he'll have to do is go home and roll around in that bed of money and he'll feel right as rain.

Well earned money.

This team would've been trash without him.

Had he gone to a better franchise I'd imagine things end up differently.

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

The boos were god awful. They almost should be banned from going back to a Colts game for that. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That's okay if he earns it.  This is the Perfect Storm for Brissett.  He knows the playbook and he has a great team now.  I can see the team really rallying around him.  And if he should falter I think we are so lucky to have Kelly on board.  He is definitely an NFL QB.  This is not a lost season by any means. 

What does earn it look like? If this team scrapes together 6 wins...you cool with giving Brissett $17-18M for 3-4 years? I think that's a great way to ensure this team stays in fringe playoff contention...at best.

For them to have Brissett be plan A as the QB going forward...I think he is going to have to take his game to a completely different level than we have seen.

I am very interested to see how Ballard approaches the QB situation. Is he comfortable having another "rebuilding" year...or is he comfortable selling future picks to move up and draft a QB? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

The media talking heads are going to have a field day raking Colts fans over the coals for that.  The franchise will be criticized for not protecting Luck early in his career and essentially wasting the career and potential of the "greatest QB prospect since Elway."  It will be sickening.  

I'm talking about the national outlook when it comes to fans booing Luck.

I get it, the news leaked and fans there were very upset. I wouldn't have booed but I get the immediate feeling of anger. But it will never ever look good that we booed him off the field. Circumstances be damned. It'll be just another feather in the cap of Colts fans being spoiled, whether it's deserved or not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

What does earn it look like? If this team scrapes together 6 wins...you cool with giving Brissett $17-18M for 3-4 years? I think that's a great way to ensure this team stays in fringe playoff contention...at best.

For them to have Brissett be plan A as the QB going forward...I think he is going to have to take his game to a completely different level than we have seen.

I am very interested to see how Ballard approaches the QB situation. Is he comfortable having another "rebuilding" year...or is he comfortable selling future picks to move up and draft a QB? 

I think we can still win the division. The Texans are hurting. We have a great defense. Let’s give it a chance.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

No but I don’t know if you remember when Reggie Miller was debating retiring early, then someone burnt his house down. I don’t know if they ever caught that guy or even if it matters but the point is, it’d only take one lunatic that’s obsessed with him or the Colts to do something very bad. 

For andrews sake, I hope no one does something stupid or evil. I’m mad at him, but he deserves to move on in peace. And that should be out of this state

The way I heard it, was that Reggie was cheating on his wife with the blonde chick from the Watson's commercials, and his wife found out about it, and burnt the house down. And that the fire department found the safe open with all his wife jewelry gone.