Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck

9 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

He’s been amputated at the belly button. The guy in camp is a stunt double. When we go to SD in week 1 they’ll wheel him out on a two-wheel cart. At the snap Nelson will wheel him back behind the line and he’ll make passes from there. 

We’re just being coy and trying to catch the Chargers off guard in Week 1. 

Pretty brilliant when you think about it... 

They will certainly catch them off guard if they show up to play in SD...amirite

I think everyone is just a bit overly worried. The last we heard from Reich is that he is strengthening the muscle and actively working out. We also have heard numerous times that he is throwing consistently behind the scenes and working with Tom House.

Just yesterday it was reported that someone who watched one of those private throwing sessions said Luck was throwing the heck out of the ball. 

Is there an injury, yes. Is the injury going to prevent from starting week 1, no. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cjrulli said:

I think everyone is just a bit overly worried. The last we heard from Reich is that he is strengthening the muscle and actively working out. We also have heard numerous times that he is throwing consistently behind the scenes and working with Tom House.

Just yesterday it was reported that someone who watched one of those private throwing sessions said Luck was throwing the heck out of the ball. 

Is there an injury, yes. Is the injury going to prevent from starting week 1, no. 

This is what I'm inclined to believe as well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

If there’s someone to trust, it should be Tom House. He is the de facto go to guy. 

I agree, But has House said Luck will be ready week 1?  Luck has said he is "Targeting a week 1 return".... Why is House, a motion and passing guru, working so closely with Luck?  Is the calf/bone/who knows issue causing him issues in his passing too?

I'm more concerned with the O-line than Luck.

Kelly has a hard time staying healthy. Glow was an above average player last year for the first time. Smith played well but is out of his natural position.

The O-line was terrible against KC. The O line was terrible against Buff. The O-line has been sub-par in camp.

There is now a half of a year film on the Colts starting 5 for defensive coordinators to break down and find the weaknesses.......(K/C had no trouble finding them).

Even if the starting 5 over-achieve again this year, I see no quality depth behind them.

If the Colts have a disappointing  year, I believe it will be because the O-line play of last year may have been somewhat of a fluke, and it won't matter if Luck has one leg or two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

I agree, But has House said Luck will be ready week 1?  Luck has said he is "Targeting a week 1 return".... Why is House, a motion and passing guru, working so closely with Luck?  Is the calf/bone/who knows issue causing him issues in his passing too?

Luck working with House may just be a natural progression to his rehab for the shoulder injury from last season.  No reported information would suggest that Luck is working with him to assist with the calf injury. My guess is, Luck is working with House to continuously improve his throwing motion and would have been working with him regardless if he was dealing with the calf stuff or not. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, egg said:

I'm more concerned with the O-line than Luck.

Kelly has a hard time staying healthy. Glow was an above average player last year for the first time. Smith played well but is out of his natural position.

The O-line was terrible against KC. The O line was terrible against Buff. The O-line has been sub-par in camp.

There is now a half of a year film on the Colts starting 5 for defensive coordinators to break down and find the weaknesses.......(K/C had no trouble finding them).

Even if the starting 5 over-achieve again this year, I see no quality depth behind them.

If the Colts have a disappointing  year, I believe it will be because the O-line play of last year may have been somewhat of a fluke, and it won't matter if Luck has one leg or two. 

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

25F5A562-B09E-473B-B408-4D9796DCAD0D.jpg

Has anyone actually seen him lately and made sure his leg hasn’t fallen clean off Because at this point ruling anything out is foolish. 

I heard he went to Europe for treatment!!!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

How dare you not give me....A FAN.....a complete medical diagnosis in the offseason. Don't you know who I am!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5478805

The NFL is an entertainment business. They make all of their money off of "the fans". If I am going to a broadway play or a concert I have every right to be told who will be performing so I can decide how to use my time. Fans certainly have a right to know who is going to play and who is not going to play. 

• Like 1

I listen to my family full of Giant fans over the last 2 weeks and at least 50 -60 percent of their conversation (and on the Giants message board also ) 50 - 60 percent of the conversation is about DB's , DT's . LB's , offensive line TE and RB . On this message board its Andrew Luck ………….Andrew Luck ……..Andrew Luck ……..Andrew Luck ……..Andrew Luck. Beginning to envy the Giants fan base .

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

We don’t know that they didn’t.  Just because the Colts said it didn’t doesn’t mean it didn’t show something.   It’s been well established that the Colts aren’t obligated to tell us everything about injuries and that’s been my point through all this.  People need to stop expecting them to tell us everything and taking everything they say as the gospel truth.  Use your eyes.  Most people know it doesn’t take this long for just a simple calf strain to heal.  So that’s why I’ve thought something more was probably going on.

Hard for most fans to realize but these organizations owe the fan nothing. Deception should not be surprising. The Colts organization under Ballard does this more often than not. They just want us to shill out money. Buy tickets and merchandise.  It's a sad truth.:angry:

9 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

The NFL is an entertainment business. They make all of their money off of "the fans". If I am going to a broadway play or a concert I have every right to be told who will be performing so I can decide how to use my time. Fans certainly have a right to know who is going to play and who is not going to play. 

Of course you can view it that way. But your only way of actually affecting the franchise, is speaking with your wallet. Any complaining done here....valid or invalid...has zero affect, only affects other posters. 

Any fan has a right to their opinion, in the appropriate forum. Some may complain about the franchise. I mostly complain about how many fans view the franchise. In all, I would hope we are all Colt fans. But not all of us view the information given out by the franchise as a "right". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1