Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay’s comments on Luck


Chloe6124

Recommended Posts

Irsay is not a doctor.  I bet he meant to say something else.  If Luck has a headache, Irsay would probably say he's dealing with a "small little bone."

 

Well, I guess I will have to wait what this "small little bone" is before I make my conclusion.  At this point, I'm not too worried because he's been throwing and his leg is not the one throwing the football. :hat:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, apparently Richard Sherman had bone spurs in the same area following the 17/18 season (when he had the Achilles injury, and had surgery to remove the spurs. It was a 4-6 week recovery timeframe. If that was the case, wouldn't they have just had the surgery then and he would already be recovered from it? If so, they need to have that crap now so he can play soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

With luck missing all this practice time I expect the offense to start slow.

 

Yah, but he won't be terrible. He will at least be serviceable.

 

And if the O-Line is good , they can move the chains on the ground.

 

I really believe that the O-Line, mostly because of a lack of depth, is possibly the weak link to the team. If we see very much of guys like Haeg and Clark on the line, it could be a rough year.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

So, apparently Richard Sherman had bone spurs in the same area following the 17/18 season (when he had the Achilles injury, and had surgery to remove the spurs. It was a 4-6 week recovery timeframe. If that was the case, wouldn't they have just had the surgery then and he would already be recovered from it? If so, they need to have that crap now so he can play soon. 

Luck did say surgery wasn’t necsssary. I don’t think  you can compare. All situations are different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

So, apparently Richard Sherman had bone spurs in the same area following the 17/18 season (when he had the Achilles injury, and had surgery to remove the spurs. It was a 4-6 week recovery timeframe. If that was the case, wouldn't they have just had the surgery then and he would already be recovered from it? If so, they need to have that crap now so he can play soon. 

According to the info about this injury on the Googles.com, surgery is not recommended until 6-12 months after the injury until the bone growth is fully matured otherwise it can return.

 

https://www.sportsmedtoday.com/myositis-ossificans-va-122.htm

 

Seems like just a playing with pain issue as it says you can return to action with this ailment provided there are no deficiencies in strength or flexibility in the affected muscle. Strengthening sounds exactly like what Reich said Luck was focusing on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, egg said:

I'm more concerned with the O-line than Luck.

 

Kelly has a hard time staying healthy. Glow was an above average player last year for the first time. Smith played well but is out of his natural position.

 

The O-line was terrible against KC. The O line was terrible against Buff. The O-line has been sub-par in camp.

 

There is now a half of a year film on the Colts starting 5 for defensive coordinators to break down and find the weaknesses.......(K/C had no trouble finding them).

 

Even if the starting 5 over-achieve again this year, I see no quality depth behind them.

 

If the Colts have a disappointing  year, I believe it will be because the O-line play of last year may have been somewhat of a fluke, and it won't matter if Luck has one leg or two. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, I see the same thing.  Secondary and LBs seem good, now time to get those trenches solidified, on both sides of the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It sure does sound like he was injured during that KC game.

 

 

JMV said on his show yesterday that he was told the issue initially happened late last season and that he re-aggravated it in Spring Conditioning. 

 

When you think back to the end of last season, he didn't look the same the second half of the Houston playoff game and the entire KC game. Some people said it was his shoulder but I think if you look at it, he was not setting his feet and following through so I always thought it was just tired legs.

 

The only thing I can think of is in the Houston game (and I can't remember if it was late first half or early second), Luck scrambles to escape Clowney and slides prior to the first down. To me it looked like an awkward slide where he got his knee brace caught in the turf and it kind looked like it hurt him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV said on his show yesterday that he was told the issue initially happened late last season and that he re-aggravated it in Spring Conditioning. 

 

When you think back to the end of last season, he didn't look the same the second half of the Houston playoff game and the entire KC game. Some people said it was his shoulder but I think if you look at it, he was not setting his feet and following through so I always thought it was just tired legs.

 

The only thing I can think of is in the Houston game (and I can't remember if it was late first half or early second), Luck scrambles to escape Clowney and slides prior to the first down. To me it looked like an awkward slide where he got his knee brace caught in the turf and it kind looked like it hurt him.

Even in the last game against the titans we got off to a hot start and played very conservative the second half. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Devildog said:

Irsay is not a doctor.  I bet he meant to say something else.  If Luck has a headache, Irsay would probably say he's dealing with a "small little bone."

 

Well, I guess I will have to wait what this "small little bone" is before I make my conclusion.  At this point, I'm not too worried because he's been throwing and his leg is not the one throwing the football. :hat:

 

So, are you saying that Irsay's characterization of "having a small little bone" is not a precise medical diagnosis? I cringe when I hear Luck "has a calf" or so-and-so "has a knee". Most football players do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for a change I will add a positive comment here (It is about Andrew's throwing ) >>>>>NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Monday night on NFL Total Access that according to one source who has watched some of those throwing sessions, Luck is "throwing the absolute heck out of the ball," but is just not ready to take the next step.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV said on his show yesterday that he was told the issue initially happened late last season and that he re-aggravated it in Spring Conditioning. 

 

When you think back to the end of last season, he didn't look the same the second half of the Houston playoff game and the entire KC game. Some people said it was his shoulder but I think if you look at it, he was not setting his feet and following through so I always thought it was just tired legs.

 

The only thing I can think of is in the Houston game (and I can't remember if it was late first half or early second), Luck scrambles to escape Clowney and slides prior to the first down. To me it looked like an awkward slide where he got his knee brace caught in the turf and it kind looked like it hurt him.

This is it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Devildog said:

Irsay is not a doctor.  I bet he meant to say something else.  If Luck has a headache, Irsay would probably say he's dealing with a "small little bone."

 

Well, I guess I will have to wait what this "small little bone" is before I make my conclusion.  At this point, I'm not too worried because he's been throwing and his leg is not the one throwing the football. :hat:

 

 

He said small little bone but I bet he left the word spur off because he caught himself before he said it. 

 

A friend of mine has bone spurs in the heels of both his feet near where the Achilles attaches to the heel. They aggravate his Achilles and feet.  He’s done physical therapy and his doctor tells him he needs surgery. His surgery involves detaching the Achilles from his heel, shaving down the bone spurs, and reattaching the Achilles to the heel. He needs this in both feet. He keeps putting it off because he is afraid to have it and with the right foot he’d be unable to drive for awhile. 

 

My friend is not an elite athlete so he can function as long as he can bear the pain. I hop this is not what Luck is going through. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Remember how going into OTA this was going to be a drama free off season. Lol

Yup. I will say this. I think if something was super serious an announcement would have been made and he wouldn't be doing anything. I just hope the news today is nothing concerning that just happened.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

I am not worried that’s he’s seriously injured or that he is going miss a regular season game yet.  I just think he was hurt worse than what the Colts were first saying.  Last night’s comments by Irsay seem to support that.  With that said it’s still very possible, maybe even probable, he plays week one in LA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DougDew said:

How does a QB hurt a small bone in his leg during the offseason?  Helping a friend move a piano?

I used to chuckle as Manning would always go to the turf with the

brush of a fingernail, but at least he was available on Sundays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

Idk. Gregg Doyle said he was told that there will be a phone conference with media sometime today.

A scheduled phone conference or an impromptu phone conference? A scheduled one is business as usual, but an impromptu one would have me a little worried. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

A scheduled phone conference or an impromptu phone conference? A scheduled on is business as usual, but an impromptu one would have me a little worried. 

Nah. He just knows he has to deal with irsays comments.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...