Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Vegas over/under lines: Colts line at 9.5

stitches

19 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Wow, that tells me that this may be the best division in football, too to bottom. Not gonna be any easy games this year, wouldn't be surprised if they took a step back in terms of record, but in actuality became a better team. 

The AFC South had the best record in the league against the rest of the nfl last year. With the jags getting foles I think that all four teams will be good. The titans for me are the biggest question mark.

Might be optimistic but I am going with over.  We won 10 games last year and that was after dealing with Luck still recovering and a young team that had to learn how to win.  We didn't lose any key players and I would argue we got slightly better in FA.

Plus we still have the draft to improve this team.

9 wins or less would be a severely disappointing season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The AFC South had the best record in the league against the rest of the nfl last year. With the jags getting foles I think that all four teams will be good. The titans for me are the biggest question mark.

Foles is a question mark in Jacksonville I look for him to take a step back in the new system. I think things just worked in Philly things won't be so easy in Jacksonville. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's the lines for our division: 

Colts 9.5

Texans 8.5

Titans 8.5

Jags 8.0

That seems to be a pretty fair line on the colts. I'd stay away from it with a more difficult scedule.

I'd be tempted the Texans may win more than 8.5 with another season of experience for Watson.

I have a hunch the Titans are the weak link in the division and are descending.

Jags are a question mark. If their D plays like it can AND Foles play like the SB MVP he was with Philly they can go ovet 8 wins and be a force in AFC.

And one thing to remember, with the shorter OT period, ties happen more often now so that can effect the win total.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

That seems to be a pretty fair line on the colts. I'd stay away from it with a more difficult scedule.

I'd be tempted the Texans may win more than 8.5 with another season of experience for Watson.

I have a hunch the Titans are the weak link in the division and are descending.

Jags are a question mark. If their D plays like it can AND Foles play like the SB MVP he was with Philly they can go ovet 8 wins and be a force in AFC.

And one thing to remember, with the shorter OT period, ties happen more often now so that can effect the win total.

I would take the over on Houston too. I can see them winning 9 games, I can see us winning 10. I think the Titans will be the weak link in the division, I would bet under 8.5 on them. I can even see the jags winning 9 with Foles at QB.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take the over on Houston too. I can see them winning 9 games, I can see us winning 10. I think the Titans will be the weak link in the division, I would bet under 8.5 on them. I can even see the jags winning 9 with Foles at QB.

I agree, the Titans look bad right now. The Texans have oline problems that haven't been addressed and we all know what happens is you leave your qb unprotected for long enough. I'm concerned for Deshaun Watson because of the swiss cheese oline he has. Jacksonville has the potential to be a threat as they have a great defense and Foles at qb. As for the Colts, it just depends how their schedule shakes out. 9.5 seems pretty fair at the moment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

I agree, the Titans look bad right now. The Texans have oline problems that haven't been addressed and we all know what happens is you leave your qb unprotected for long enough. I'm concerned for Deshaun Watson because of the swiss cheese oline he has. Jacksonville has the potential to be a threat as they have a great defense and Foles at qb. As for the Colts, it just depends how their schedule shakes out. 9.5 seems pretty fair at the moment.

Yeah I am not going to get to over confident but I do think we can win 10, maybe 11 but I need to see what I think of the draft too. I am not underestimating the Texans or the Jags. Both are capable of winning 9 or 10 games. Jags have a great defense and shut us out last season. They now have a QB that can play too. Watson isn't on Luck's level but he's good and they have a decent roster.

I'll say just over if Luck stays healthy and go with a repeat 10-6 record.  The home schedule is favorable, but away is a meatgrinder.  I think they can go 7-1 at home.  They would only need to get 3 on the road, and I think the division will get us 2 of those.  The team is going to be better and so are the opponents, so I see a push there.  Of course this is prior to the draft and the 2nd round of FA after the draft, so I may revise this later.

6 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

I'd take the over 

I'd take the over on the Browns too.

It's so early but right now if I had to choose who I like to win each division it would be:

AFC East - Pats

AFC West - KC

AFC North - Browns

AFC South - Colts

-the 2 are in bold because they did not win their division last year

NFC East - Eagles

NFC West - Rams

NFC North - Bears 

NFC South - Saints

-Wentz in a prove it year gets it done, Cowboys aren't trustworthy to repeat as division champs.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's so early but right now if I had to choose who I like to win each division it would be:

AFC East - Pats

AFC West - KC

AFC North - Browns

AFC South - Colts

-the 2 are in bold because they did not win their division last year

NFC East - Eagles

NFC West - Rams

NFC North - Bears 

NFC South - Saints

-Wentz in a prove it year gets it done, Cowboys aren't trustworthy to repeat as division champs.

I'd go Chargers in the AFC West. KC lost a lot on D, and their D was already questionable. 

I might even take the under on KC. I think we'll see a slump from Mahomes.  Wouldn't be shocked if his happy feet got him hurt either. 

I agree on the rest. NFC East is a toss up for me. I might lean Cowboys. Eagles to me are boom or bust. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

I'd go Chargers in the AFC West. KC lost a lot on D, and their D was already questionable. 

I might even take the under on KC. I think we'll see a slump from Mahomes.  Wouldn't be shocked if his happy feet got him hurt either. 

I agree on the rest. NFC East is a toss up for me. I might lean Cowboys. Eagles to me are boom or bust. 

Yeah Cowboys/Eagles are 50/50. I still think KC gets it done in the AFC West.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Cowboys/Eagles are 50/50. I still think KC gets it done in the AFC West.

KC will be interesting to watch. With that D, Mahomes is going to be asked to do even more. I think teams will be much more prepared for him this year. I see a lot of sacks and INTs for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irish YJ said:

KC will be interesting to watch. With that D, Mahomes is going to be asked to do even more. I think teams will be much more prepared for him this year. I see a lot of sacks and INTs for him.

Chargers should be good but it always seems like when they have a good year they fall back. I do not think Mahomes will duplicate last year that is for sure so it will be interesting. 

6 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If we could just play in the garbage AFC East, like the Patriots, we'd have homefield throughout every year too. Must be nice to get the Bills, Fins, and Jets for 6 auto-wins every year. 

Here is me thinking we lost to the Jets last year......

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chargers should be good but it always seems like when they have a good year they fall back. I do not think Mahomes will duplicate last year that is for sure so it will be interesting. 

If the Chargers can remain the same on D, and up their O a bit in the draft, I think they'll be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Irish YJ said:

If the Chargers can remain the same on D, and up their O a bit in the draft, I think they'll be fine. 

Rivers is older but he does seem like he still has serious game. I just do not trust them putting 2 years in a row together that are contender worthy. They are like the Cowboys to me haha 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is older but he does seem like he still has serious game. I just do not trust them putting 2 years in a row together that are contender worthy. They are like the Cowboys to me haha 

yup. i keep waiting for Rivers to take a step back, and he never does. 

Out of the 8 teams I trust getting back to the Elite 8 (Divisional Round) from this past year on a confidence level in order are:

1. Pats

2. Saints

3. Rams

4. KC Chiefs

5. Colts - I think we will as of now but have us at 5th

6. Eagles - Iffy

7. Chargers - Iffy

8. Cowboys - Iffy

From year to year, different teams usually make the playoffs, different teams usually play in the Championship games too most years unless you are the Pats lmao . Pats have played a different opponent in the Title game every year since 2014 = 2014 Colts, 2015 Broncos, 2016 Steelers, 2017 Jags, 2018 Chiefs.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Out of the 8 teams I trust getting back to the Elite 8 (Divisional Round) from this past year on a confidence level in order are:

1. Pats

2. Saints

3. Rams

4. KC Chiefs

5. Colts - I think we will as of now but have us at 5th

6. Eagles - Iffy

7. Chargers - Iffy

8. Cowboys - Iffy

From year to year, different teams usually make the playoffs, different teams usually play in the Championship games too most years unless you are the Pats lmao . Pats have played a different opponent in the Title game every year since 2014 = 2014 Colts, 2015 Broncos, 2016 Steelers, 2017 Jags, 2018 Chiefs.

That's a solid list. I think the Chiefs are definitely due for a little regression. It will be hard for Mahomes to duplicate that level of production, and their defense is gonna be atrocious lol. 

Solid number for the Colts though, and that seems to be the general consensus, that they're around the 5th best team in the league. I'm really excited to see what pieces they add in the draft, especially those first 3 picks. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

That’s a tough line to bet on. Colts schedule isn’t going to be easy.

I would probably take the under. I’m going with 9

I was thinking the same thing. My heart wants to say right in and we easily win 10 games. My brain (however little it may be) says 9. Injuries and in game issues always help determine how a game may end up during the year. Having a tough season on paper now may end up as a cake walk due to key injuries on one side or the other on game days. 

Of course, this team could absolutely just take off with just what we have currently and another year into the system. It could also be defended against even better being scouted against during an off season. The draft also comes into play.  Perhaps we get 1-2 huge playmakers early on for the team and that just pushes us over the 12 win mark and we look good doing it. 

Sayung that, I can’t wait to get the season started!! Go Colts!!

19 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's the lines for our division: 

Colts 9.5

Texans 8.5

Titans 8.5

Jags 8.0

I don't want to be a jerk to our fellow South teams and saying that things are back where they should be....

...but things are back to where they should be. Natural order is reset. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Honestly? For me, betting on the sport I like to watch would change it into something else. I'll pass. 

I could see that. As an avid daily fantasy football (and season long fantasy football as well)...it actually has improved my interest in watching the sport. But to your point...I typically stay away from Colts players by rule...because Colts games are sacred. 

Fantasy football is gambling...but a bit different than gambling on spreads and win totals.

9 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Colts won 10 last year against the easiest schedule in the AFC. Schedule is set up to be much tougher...though that could change. The fact that Vegas has the Colts' O/U at 9.5 is some serious respect. 

Vegas probably realizes we will be a better team more than likely and with Luck healthy will not start 1-5 again. All of our home games are real winnable as well, our tough games are on the road. If we go 7-1 at home, even 6-2 which is reasonable then we should win 10 games. Overall numbers may say otherwise but I still did not see our schedule as easy. Our division had the best record in football and outside of the division we played the Pats, Cowboys, and Eagles. Playing the Texans and Titans twice was not easy last year IMO, they both had winning records. Playing the Jags wasn't even easy, they even beat us once. They had a great defense.