Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Vegas over/under lines: Colts line at 9.5

stitches

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True anything can happen like injuries. You do realize TY Hilton did not play in that game and he is our best WR by a mile.

True.. but it also showed a blind spot they finally (sort of) addressed with Inman.  Imagine if we'd fixed THAT gaping hole along with the O-Line.  Why did we lose to KC? Because Luck needed some WR help and TE help (since we'd long since ALSO lost TE depth and our true #1 receiving TE many people seem to forget).  I fear we have the SAME problem again this year, with Funchess taking Inman's place (and being less reliable).  And we were injury prone at TE, so here's hoping we draft a WR and TE early enough in the draft for them to be reliable targets this year.  If we go a third year with not enough WR/TE talent come playoff race time to compete, that would be a shame.  Our schedule is MUCH MUCH harder this year.  

I think our division is going to be brutal as is our schedule.  Even with an improved team, we could struggle to have a top seed even if we win the division. I could see us ravage each other to a division winner with 10 wins max.  That would mean one home game and then right back to NE or SD or KC.   I also would not discredit Pittsburgh like so many others.  I would not remotely be surprised if they won their division again.  And they will have an easier schedule than normal for them playing the 2nd place schedule.  

35 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I think our division is going to be brutal as is our schedule.  Even with an improved team, we could struggle to have a top seed even if we win the division. I could see us ravage each other to a division winner with 10 wins max.  That would mean one home game and then right back to NE or SD or KC.   I also would not discredit Pittsburgh like so many others.  I would not remotely be surprised if they won their division again.  And they will have an easier schedule than normal for them playing the 2nd place schedule.  

Yeah it should be fun to watch, a lot of teams are pretty even. I think most of our home games are real winnable which helps regarding the schedule. We need to go 4-2 in the division at worse which is doable too with Luck healthy.

The teams on paper right now that look strong to me in the AFC besides us are:

Pats, KC, SD, and the Browns. You can never count the Steelers out either but to me we look better than them as of now. I would take Luck over Ben if I had to choose QB's going into the season. Also regarding KC, losing Ford and Houston weakens their Defense, losing 2 quality pass rushers like that is bad. Also I do not see Mahomes having the type of season he just had, having said that Mahomes will still be great IMO so they will be dangerous. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I always do my official W/L total after Pre-season, but it's all in fun predicting an early guess. We all know who we play so we have an idea of the schedule.

Yea. Just need to know when each game is played  so we have multiple road games home games?   Do we play certain teams early or late in season. Etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Yea. Just need to know when each game is played  so we have multiple road games home games?   Do we play certain teams early or late in season. Etc. 

Yeah I can't wait to see who we play on opening day. We seem to never win on opening day which is irritating. It would be great if we could start 1-0 for a change.

On 3/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, stitches said:

Here's the lines for our division: 

Colts 9.5

Texans 8.5

Titans 8.5

Jags 8.0

That's really hard not to like to over.  History tells us a healthy Luck gets 11 consistently.  I may have to drop a dime on this one.

Looking at the schedule: at NO and KC are only two games Colts would be expected to lose. Colts should go 8-0 at home, but could lose to an inferior opponent. At Pitt could also be a loss. I don't see any more than 4 losses on the schedule