Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyquan Lewis

TheJACKCOLT

Just now, Shafty138 said:

looked like a blown ACL to me, hope I'm wrong, but that's probably what it is, the secondary exertion on the play is when his knee buckled, that's an ACL 90% of the time

That was my thought too. I hope not, but it definitely looked that way.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

looked like a blown ACL to me, hope I'm wrong, but that's probably what it is, the secondary exertion on the play is when his knee buckled, that's an ACL 90% of the time

I was hoping it was just his ankle but he clearly grabbed his knee. 

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Exactly what I first thought.

Still probably won't be able to play again this season...those things take a long time to heal. But much much better than an ACL tear that would probably cost him next season. 

A knee bruise is what I am hoping for...but an MCL tear wouldn't be the end of the world.

• Like 2

I thought it looked a bad knee contusion or bruise if you like.  It seem like he and I think it was Autry ran into each other an Autry's knee cap hit the side of Lewis's knee.  Hopefully that is what it is and no structural damage and recovers in time for the playoff game.  That would the best scenario for this injury. 

2 minutes ago, Calmack said:

A decent amount of players with a torn ACL walk off on their own. I think we won't see him again til next season. 

I remember being at the preseason game where James Mungo tore his ACL and when he was walking off I was thinking this isn't good but still had hope since he was walking off.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Radio saying, knee. MRI tomorrow to confirm. Sounds like he’s gonna be gone this year regardless. 

Seems to be what I said, unfortunately

1 hour ago, our_dbs_rock said:

I remember being at the preseason game where James Mungo tore his ACL and when he was walking off I was thinking this isn't good but still had hope since he was walking off.

That guy was a total dick that season at the bar he watched every game at.... McGilvery's in Avon...

3 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Wow. never heard that.

Yeah, I get being frustrated, but no one ever bothered him, left him alone over several weeks, he'd refuse to tip his waitress, and then mean mug people while he waited for his rides.....  responsible, but jerk-ish....  I kinda get it though, he hit his best opportunity that season with our injuries, played really well, t hen him getting hurt pretty much ended his career...

9 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I thought it was just a knee bruise. Looked like he banged it on someone on the DL.

Yea , that's what i thought too, looked like as he started moving off the field he was specicially grabbing the front of the knee cap..... which could be a deep knee-cap bruise, or it could mean ACL since the ACL runs right through the middle of the knee (behind it).

9 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I think he was grabbing the outside portion of his knee, so I don't think it would be an ACL.

• Like 1

We will find out in a few hours

Him walking off doesn't automatically mean he has an ACL (or MCL) injury

and really doesnt mean anything other than he was injured on the play

I have seen people carted off, play the next week

I have seen people jog off, go on IR

We will find out in a bit

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

We will find out in a few hours

Him walking off doesn't automatically mean he has an ACL (or MCL) injury

and really doesnt mean anything other than he was injured on the play

I have seen people carted off, play the next week

I have seen people jog off, go on IR

We will find out in a bit

Yep.  We even saw Aaron Rogers carted off and return after halftime and put on his Superman cape.