Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Chappell Twitter - Colts Terminate Contracts Of Brackett, Clark, Bullitt And Addai (Merge)

chad72

I agree I would think they would resign him, but at this point I am just not so sure. You also have to wonder how good Tamme is, or whether he was another average player made that much better by Peyton Manning (i.e. Blair White).

Peyton Manning made him better obviously, but when called upon he's reliable and good. Luck will use him and pass to him as much as Manning, imo. He's a sure thing, but Manning did make him look a bit better, but you can say the same about Reggie or Pierre or even Austin. Tamme is good player, we've seen some good games from him this year when Clark was injured or pulled from the game. He's a player who the Colts would like to keep going forward.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning made him better obviously, but when called upon he's reliable and good. Luck will use him and pass to him as much as Manning, imo. He's a sure thing, but Manning did make him look a bit better, but you can say the same about Reggie or Pierre or even Austin. Tamme is good player, we've seen some good games from him this year when Clark was injured or pulled from the game. He's a player who the Colts would like to keep going forward.

I hope they keep him too.

Are you guys seriously happy that our starting Running back is Brown, Clark is gone, Wayne is on his way out. Tamme is our starting TE. Addia is gone. our best receiver is Austin Collie and Manning is gone and freeney might be traded.

Who are you people and where did you all come from.

Cancel season tickets for what, these were great moves... some of those players weren't very athletic or not very strong ie Dallas Clark compared to other TEs.

The colts finally have their one two punch in Donald brown and feline carter

Goodbye Addai

These were GREAT moves/ >? ReallY?

who are our DEs now.....who are our WRs...??

Think about it.

Think about it.

If we're truly transitioning to more of a 3-4, our DE's as we know them wouldn't have been DE's anyway...plus, we still have Mathis.

As far as our WR's....well, we still have Collie...lol

Think about it.

Its not like the season has already started, there is still FA and the draft... not to mention trades and whatnot.

For football players a good portion of the players the colts just released were physically weak in some areas

Think about it.

Clark was always injured these last 2 seasons and his catching ability didn't look like himself, Addai fizzled out over the last 4 seasons, Brackett was a health hazard, Bulitt hardly played the last 2 years, there's still no official word on Garcon or Wayne, and we're changing out defensive scheme anyways, get something for Freeney while we can

Think about it.

Um the DEs will be Drake Nevis and Fili Moala, Moala has experience played a 3-4 at USC. Nevis will need to learn it. Who are our receivers, for now it's Austin Collie as one of the starters, and after the draft and after free agency we'll have many more players. A little early to ask those quetions.

Most of these shouldn't been much of a surprise.

Brackett was almost a given to be released and had been discussed before.

Melven was hurt way to much

Painter -- worst QB ever to play in the NFL

Adadi, to me, was a bit of a surprise, but not a complete shock

Clark I probably would have kept, given the rookie QB and all and I think he had only 1 year left. However, it had been mentioned before that he might be let go.

IMO -- if you're going to rebuild....gut it and start fresh. I would have to think tha this team in 2013 will have a very high pick and a ton of cap space to make some major moves.

This reminds me of the mass Exodus of the 1999 basketball team of Duke Bluedevils. As it did not sting enough that we lost to Uconn that year in a very close game. Then a few days or a week later Elton Brand, William Avery and almost all the undergrad starers and then some left and went to the NBA. I think that was our only loss, we had a great team that year. That stung the Bluedevil nation and it stung hard, until winning the National Championship 2001 for our 3rd title and of course our 4 title several years after. I have been stung before and this also stings, watching Brackett, Manning and others for 14 or 9 years etc they were like family or friends now they won't be around. But I hope better days years will be ahead for the Colts. Now back to watching the Duke and Va Tech game in the ACC tourney!!!!

This reminds me of the mass Exodus of the 1999 basketball team of Duke Bluedevils. As it did not sting enough that we lost to Uconn that year in a very close game. Then a few days or a week later Elton Brand, William Avery and almost all the undergrad starers and then some left and went to the NBA. I think that was our only loss, we had a great team that year. That stung the Bluedevil nation and it stung hard, until winning the National Championship 2001 for our 3rd title and of course our 4 title several years after. I have been stung before, and I have been stung again. But I hope better days years will be ahead for the Colts.

I dont doubt it stung. But, it is much easier to rebuild a national powerhouse college basketball team, then to rebuild a NFL franchise with a salary cap.

Its not like the season has already started, there is still FA and the draft... not to mention trades and whatnot.

For football players a good portion of the players the colts just released were physically weak in some areas

Unpossible. We're going to play ironman football next year.

I dont doubt it stung. But, it is much easier to rebuild a national powerhouse college basketball team, then to rebuild a NFL franchise with a salary cap.

Probably true. But on the other hand, we don't have to pay our guys under the table. :)

Most of these shouldn't been much of a surprise.

Brackett was almost a given to be released and had been discussed before.

Melven was hurt way to much

Painter -- worst QB ever to play in the NFL

Adadi, to me, was a bit of a surprise, but not a complete shock

Clark I probably would have kept, given the rookie QB and all and I think he had only 1 year left. However, it had been mentioned before that he might be let go.

IMO -- if you're going to rebuild....gut it and start fresh. I would have to think tha this team in 2013 will have a very high pick and a ton of cap space to make some major moves.

Agreed. I just hope they can find the material to put the palace back together again. Sometimes you find it is hard to replace once in a life time pieces.

NO NO NO! Our roster, as it's currently comprised in early March, is what our team will look like when we open up in September. Thus, due to the lack of four players who missed half of their games over the past two seasons, we are doomed for the foreseeable future. Can't you see that!!!

Think about it...

/sarcasm

SOme of these cuts are great!

Joseph Addai - Horrible running back, great blocker and pas rusher with screen potential. Not something a Rookie QB could ever utilize. This was a GREAT move.

Dallas Clark - He's getting older and has been injury prone as of late, did horribly last season. Still has potential though, This move was a wash.

Gary Brackett - He was getting way too much money, good player but over-paid. This was an Average move.

Melvin Bullitt - I wouldn't have done this. Injury prone or not.

Curtis Painter - Greatest cut EVER. In the history of the NFL.

Smitto once again you hit it on the head. Did I want to see any of these players leave NO. But lets keep it real, Clarks injuries have gotten the best of him in the past few years. Bracket injuries, not a true MLB. Bullitt when healthy can play but hasnt been healthy. Painter NUFF SAID. It was time the front office is cutting the fat. It is a what have you done for me lately league. none of the players listed have done anything lately. That is what made them expendable. Sad but it is the business, if you dont produce at your job you will get the AX to. The Colts will get some good FA because the money will be there. Stick in there fans it wont be as bad as you think. Go Colts.

I care. I care about 2012

Its great to debate but what's their arguement for people to buy tickets..?

That's a tough sell

You keep commenting on this. That is your prerogative, but my advice....if I may....is for you to decide for YOU if you want to spend the money and let others worry about it themselves. You seem to be wrapped up on others. Why? Want to wager whether they sell out next season? I'll bet you they do.

Again, the argument is that watching your team play a game of football is why most people pay to attend....not to see a win. If you are just trying to say that it will not be worth it to you, I get it. Do you want others to feel the same way you do?

Now just imagine if Garcon, Wayne, and Freeney leave, too.

It would be tough but we have the FA and 9 draft picks on top of some old players coming back. THe future is bright in Indy! Luck is the centerpiece and now they're building around him. The defense is staying pretty similar, but with Freeney likely gone it's going to be tough to see him go. He's one of my favorite players in NFL history.

WOW, Clark gets injured this season and has one of his worse years ever and he gets the axe ... BIG surprise to me!

I understand Bracket, Painter, Bullet, and even Addai but Clark? WOW!

I guess they truly are set on totally rebuilding - just dump everyone. geesh!

I figure Saturday and Wayne will be next to go...

Guess Ill need a new jersey too!