Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike Chappell Twitter - Colts Terminate Contracts Of Brackett, Clark, Bullitt And Addai (Merge)

chad72

Yep I never had an issue with Polian being a jerk to Kravitz and Phil B. I just got so sick of hearing them cry about it. I mean honestly Phil B. can't do an interview without crying about it or working in a shot because they wouldn't talk to him(and I mean presence tense because he still complains about it even though the Polians are gone). Poor baby. Do your job and get a new sourse who will talk to you and force them to talk to you so they can get their story out there that they want out there. That's how the big boy media does it in other cities.

I just remember saying pretty much the samething earlier this year when people were in a bash on Polian mood and getting ripped a new one for it because people were standing up for Kravitz. I can't help but laugh as other people (and I mean people in a general statement I am not directing it at you) have gone back to hating Kravitz this off-season. I just hated Kravitz all along lol.

Right On.... I stopped buying the Star way back when just because of "Man Perm"...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see ya back CD, but I have to disagree about Dallas Clark. We found his replacement in Jacob Tamme

You and several others have way too much confidence in Tamme, compared to what I have. I saw him struggle to separate on several instances while Painter was playing. Forget the throw that was made, we know it is an inferior QB, I am just talking about the routes that were run.

Gijon Robinson was not worth anything, Eldridge is in and out of the line up with injuries. One injury to Tamme and we jeopardize our TE production considerably. Unless we plan to stock our roster with 6 WRs in the 53, we will not have a contingency plan should anything happen to Tamme, we can go with 4 WRs on the field consistently then. Besides, we never maximized the utilization of Tamme and Clark on the roster at the same time, something we could have explored as well. The least Tamme should do is stop playing ST.

That is why this is a premature cut, IMO. We could have given more thought to this one.

The cut of Clark makes Zero sense to me. Bracket, Addai. meh...but Clark...What the? He did play terrible last year. But are we cutting people for having 1 bad year now or what?

Given his recent performance, is he worth a cap hit of $7.32MM in 2012 and $8.12MM in 2013?

Are there better alternatives, where the team could get both better performance and lower cap hits with another TE?

I think the team made the correct decision.

Theoretically, yes, they could bring Clark back.

If there is no market for him, that should tell you something about his value, and why the Colts were correct in cutting him.

depends on the reason why they cut him. maybe they think he is just not worth the current contract and he was unwilling to restructure. I would take him back for vet min anytime with so many other holes to fill.

depends on the reason why they cut him. maybe they think he is just not worth the current contract and he was unwilling to restructure. I would take him back for vet min anytime with so many other holes to fill.

Maybe. Unfortunately, we will never know, since these types of conversations are held privately.

I don't doubt that many teams will find Clark as an attractive FA if he was willing to work for vet minimum on a year by year contract.

Somehow, I don't think Clark would find that option attractive for his career. What do you think?

Nice to see ya back CD, but I have to disagree about Dallas Clark. We found his replacement in Jacob Tamme, and it's all but certain that he's going to be resigned. He's a great young kid who is as or almost as productive as Clark. He's also not going to ask for Dallas Clark money or he'll just be released. The Colts were smart to dump Clark, his contract is too big and they have a replacement. It's really no surprise at all when you think about it.

Tamme is an okay TE but he is no Clark. He's not as fast or as agile nor as good a route runner nor as good a blocker. I won't be upset if he's with the Colts because I think he is a good player and excellent on ST. But he's not a threat that other Ds will specifically game plan to keep out of the game.
BTW, Melvin Bullitt was a better player than Lefeged and Caldwell. Caldwell was lost a lot of the time this year and Lefeged had 2 golden passes and that's why he had those picks.
Bullitt is lost a lot of time out on the field (something I didn't think until I watch this past preseason and the first couple of games in 2011) and while I don't remember all his INTs, the ones I remember were gift interceptions.
They didn't impress me at all. If anything Bullitt was the surprising one as there is no backup or heir to him. The Colts iwll probably draft someone in the middle rounds. It's a terrible S draft. Either way, Bullitt was better than Lefeged or Caldwell, it's just those darn injuries.
THe injuries don't help but... no he wasn't.
Oh and Carter is not like Addai. Addai can block and catch very well and has a different style from Carter. He likes to juke out of the way and find holes and Carter just wants to bust through. Carter is working on his blocking however, but Addai was an elite blocking running back. Addai was skinny too and Carter is 225. Two different players.

You didn't watch Carter run much did you? Carter is not/was not a bust through runner, he was patient to let the hole develop and then hit the hole. He would finish off runs by lowering his shoulder and pounding... but Addai did that as well. He's not the best blocker but he is good enough for RB in the NFL. His biggest problem was holding onto the friggin ball. Since that was a not a problem of his in college I think he will work and improve upon that aspect of his game.

You and several others have way too much confidence in Tamme, compared to what I have. I saw him struggle to separate on several instances while Painter was playing. Forget the throw that was made, we know it is an inferior QB, I am just talking about the routes that were run.

Gijon Robinson was not worth anything, Eldridge is in and out of the line up with injuries. One injury to Tamme and we jeopardize our TE production considerably. Unless we plan to stock our roster with 6 WRs in the 53, we will not have a contingency plan should anything happen to Tamme, we can go with 4 WRs on the field consistently then. Besides, we never maximized the utilization of Tamme and Clark on the roster at the same time, something we could have explored as well. The least Tamme should do is stop playing ST.

That is why this is a premature cut, IMO. We could have given more thought to this one.

Tamme is a good starter. His routes are actually pretty on point and he has very good speed. He also has surprising good hands. He's very underrated. No one looked good this year with Painter, and I could point you out on several occasions bad routes ran by Garcon and even Reggie WAyne of all people. Everyone has a bad play or two, so you have to base it on a bunch of plays. Tamme is still young and is great player to have going forward. I should add that he's not that expensive going forward, as he's probably not going to ask for a big contract.

Robinson is not on the team anymore. Eldridge always shows up on the injury report, but he doesn't miss that many games, and it doesn't seem to affect his play. He's missed 5 games in 2 years, that's good. I also saw improvement in Brody's game and even though he's still a blocking TE, he possesses some nice hands. I could see him being a backup going forward, as he is still young and has some learning to do. Now if Tamme is injured, they could bring in Eldridge, but with Arians, they tend to play a lot of wide receivers, and have some plays where they don't even have a TE in there at all. Maybe a late round draft pick on a TE or a FA signing could be good, but Tamme is a good starter and Eldridge makes a good backup, plus like I said, Arians doesn't use TEs as much. Luck loves TEs, but his offense isn't the greatest for him. Agree that he should stop playing ST, but I only see him on Kickoffs.

Not a premature cut, we need to open up the most space ASAP.

Tamme is a good starter. His routes are actually pretty on point and he has very good speed. He also has surprising good hands. He's very underrated. No one looked good this year with Painter, and I could point you out on several occasions bad routes ran by Garcon and even Reggie WAyne of all people. Everyone has a bad play or two, so you have to base it on a bunch of plays. Tamme is still young and is great player to have going forward. I should add that he's not that expensive going forward, as he's probably not going to ask for a big contract.

Not a premature cut, we need to open up the most space ASAP.

Inexpensive and young, yes. Good starter, I dont think so, have to disagree there, we will find out after a complete year when he is the #1 TE.

But you do have a valid point about Arians' offense not using TEs as much, Brody Eldridge could be used more as a Heath Miller kind than Tamme is used overall. That might end up working fine for us if we stock 6 WRs and use more 4 WR formations when it is all said and done, more than 3 WR, 1 TE formations.

I know I said before that I wouldn't mind to see any of these guys go, I thought they would contribute this season but it just seems surreal that all of these guys were let go, now that Clark and Addai are gone, all we have is Brown, Collie, and White

Brown won't be the back you guys expect him to be, just like his first 2 years. Keep your fingers cross every time Luck drops back to pass while Brown is in. Collie is looking like he will be the #1 Wr now that Garcon will sign with the Redskins. With Collie having the concussion problems, will he trust his rookie QB going across the middle? And Collie isn't a #1 Wr in the NFL. White is just another "Gonzo" always injured.

Brown won't be the back you guys expect him to be, just like his first 2 years. Keep your fingers cross every time Luck drops back to pass while Brown is in. Collie is looking like he will be the #1 Wr now that Garcon will sign with the Redskins. With Collie having the concussion problems, will he trust his rookie QB going across the middle? And Collie isn't a #1 Wr in the NFL. White is just another "Gonzo" always injured.

I agree with the Collie and White analysis, but the thing with Brown is we didn't see him a whole lot as the starter last year, one thing that stood out to me was that he had a 4.8 rushing yards per attempt which is above average for a RB and I will take above average RB any day of the week

Tamme is an okay TE but he is no Clark. He's not as fast or as agile nor as good a route runner nor as good a blocker. I won't be upset if he's with the Colts because I think he is a good player and excellent on ST. But he's not a threat that other Ds will specifically game plan to keep out of the game.

I never said he was Clark, but in 2010, he was as productive in the 2nd half of the season than Clark could have ever been. He was the most productive player in the NFL during the 2nd half othe 2010 season. When Tamme was drafted in the 5th round, he was drafted with the intention that he would be a pure blocking tight end, like Eldridge. He is as good or a better blocking than good ol Dallas. The old Dallas would be great to have, but the old Dallas is not there anymore. He had a horrible horrible year last year, and he's getting old. The old Clark is the player that teams plan against, but that's not the case anymore, so when it comes to that, neither of them are players that they would game plan against. Clark has lost his groove.

Bullitt is lost a lot of time out on the field (something I didn't think until I watch this past preseason and the first couple of games in 2011) and while I don't remember all his INTs, the ones I remember were gift interceptions.

Bullitt wasn't as bad as Lefeged and Caldwell. The announcers even pointed it out. No one cares about the preseason, just look at seasons past. Those 4 INts he had in 08 were not a gift at all. Just go back and watch them.

THe injuries don't help but... no he wasn't.

You're trying to tell me that a rookie who was undrafted and played 40% of the time, was better or as good as Bullitt. That's completely wrong. Come back to me when either Caldwell or Lefeged get 4 INTs in a season, or as many tackles as Bullitt, or praise from the FO. He's been injured recently, but when healthy is a competant starter. You can't say that about Caldwell/Lefeged. They could be better down the line, but they just don't have the experience that Bullitt has and they have not put up the numbers that Bullitt has. I mean, Caldwell played the whole season for the majority of the time but Bullitt still had more INTs than him :P

You didn't watch Carter run much did you? Carter is not/was not a bust through runner, he was patient to let the hole develop and then hit the hole. He would finish off runs by lowering his shoulder and pounding... but Addai did that as well. He's not the best blocker but he is good enough for RB in the NFL. His biggest problem was holding onto the friggin ball. Since that was a not a problem of his in college I think he will work and improve upon that aspect of his game.

When he wasn't fumbling, he was running right up the gut and in Titans game (Week 8), he had several third down runs (short yardage), so I was watching a lot of Delone Carter. He has good initial speed. He is an aggressive runner who can take hits. He could also deliver hits to the defenders. Addai was a good runner who could break tackles. Look at how many times people held on to his foot but he kept running. It may look like nothing, but as a former receiver in some pretty big leagues, I could tell you that you go down 70% of the time, someone holds on to your shoe, because you lose balance.