Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AC is back!

stitches

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

The numbers do not lie.  

Look, you have taken this AC issue to more than a debate. It has become an argument with you even after most of us have shown what you say is not the truth. That is shown by his numbers and his rankings. None of us are making this up just to oppose you.

When we bring this up you point a finger and call us internet warriors. :scratch:

I am going to use the term "grasshopper" when it comes to my thoughts on you. Not as an insult but as an observation. You may or may not know what the term "grasshopper" means but I am sure there are a lot of us who do.

His best season was last season. He allowed just 5 sacks and 8 QB hits. However the previous years weren’t so great. Contract year 2014-15 he play well. Then regressed in 2016. 2017 again was his best season.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Castonzo

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=24809

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Out of one side of your mouth you say AC is no good and then proceed to say his is average in your opinion.  That is contradictory. 

I didn’t say at all that he wasn’t good. I said he was average and a top 20 player among offensive lineman. Again I repeat in saying he is an average player. Not good nor great. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

So who uses the Washington post for their stats?

Most use PPF including the NFL. 

No most on this forum use it and then disagree with it. I know your one of those people. PFF doesn’t know the design of the play to give a correct grade for a player. 

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

My comment was exactly that, that the posting I was referring to was being judgmental first, thus opening themselves up for return criticism. 

Once, the Corvallis Gazette Times had a front page article, discrediting the Journalism Dept at OSU. Problem was, they had a misspelled word in the title. Talk about looking bad. 

My opinion is, if you are going to be critical of the team on here, you open yourself up for criticism. Probably a good idea to get your post in order before hand. 

Exactly bro, if you're going to put yourself on that pedestal to critique and judge people. Prepared to be judge in return. 

You can day say you don't think he's good as his contract or something of the sorts. Been when you just hop on and come off as a flaming jack wipe like someone made you gods gift as a talent judge chances are people are going to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I didn’t say at all that he wasn’t good. I said he was average and a top 20 player among offensive lineman. Again I repeat in saying he is an average player. Not good nor great. 

24 minutes ago, a06cc said:

AC isn’t good at all. He won’t get better no matter how much people insist on it. He is an average player. He isn’t top 10. He is in the 20 range as far as that goes. I hope he plays this Sunday because average play is better than nothing at all. 

Let me refresh your memory.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Let me refresh your memory.

Yeah I said average the whole time. I didn’t say he sucked or anything of that nature. Again he is an average play. Average and good I’m pretty sure are defined differently? Can you read Crazycolt1?

5 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Yeah I said average the whole time. I didn’t say he sucked or anything of that nature. Again he is an average play. Average and good I’m pretty sure are defined differently? Can you read Crazycolt1?

Your exact words were quote "AC isn't good at all" .  Now you want to argue what you said and what you meant?  OK, if you say so. Oh by the way, I can read.

Can we just get those Jammie's stretched out and ready to go?!? Would rather have him on the field than not. He's no Gleen but he sure isn't as worst as we've seen. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Can we just get those hammies stretched out and ready to go?!? Would rather have him on the field than not. He's no Gleen but he sure isn't as worst as we've seen. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Your exact words were quote "AC isn't good at all" .  Now you want to argue what you said and what you meant?  OK, if you say so.

Again yes I said he isn’t good. Let me break it down for you. Average means just about in the middle. Now the definition of good means having the qualities required for a particular role. According for PFF when you add up all of his grades since entering the league would put him at 24 among all active offensive lineman. That’s in the mid range like I’ve been saying. Again good and average have two different meanings. He is good at all. He is average. You can have your opinion. I will have mine. Again I’ll take his average play this Sunday over what he currently have. 

5 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Our LT position is solved. I'll be back in 2-3 weeks. You tell me if I'm LIEING about the LT position being solved. Go Colts anyways.

You're working way too hard on this....

As I've noted several times...      the flaw in your argument is that you say that since AC is not elite,  he therefore is "mediocre".      You don't even allow that he might be very good,  or good,  or above average or even average.      Nope.     You jump all the way down to mediocre.    And you offer no proof.    No facts.     No links.    No support.     Just your opinion and only your opinion.

And you wonder why your argument goes no where.......

There's a HUGE gap in the logic of your argument.    And you refuse to acknowledge it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is inconceivable how someone uses the pro bowl as an example of  judging a player.

The pro bowl don't even enter the picture when it has been shown for years the best players not always make the pro bowl. AC right along with many other good players do not need the pro bowl on their resume for most knowledgeable fans to know they are good.

I agree completely with what you’re saying. 

I was simply rebuking the argument that “he’s never made a pro bowl” without quoting the poster who said it. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Again yes I said he isn’t good. Let me break it down for you. Average means just about in the middle. Now the definition of good means having the qualities required for a particular role. According for PFF when you add up all of his grades since entering the league would put him at 24 among all active offensive lineman. That’s in the mid range like I’ve been saying. Again good and average have two different meanings. He is good at all. He is average. You can have your opinion. I will have mine. Again I’ll take his average play this Sunday over what he currently have. 

If you are saying AC is an average starting OT in the NFL, then that makes him a very good OT.  When considering all of the OTs in the NFL, one that is an average starting OT is much better than an average NFL OT.

3 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

If you are saying AC is an average starting OT in the NFL, then that makes him a very good OT.  When considering all of the OTs in the NFL, one that is an average starting OT is much better than an average NFL OT.

Your entitled to your opinion. I respect that. 

8 hours ago, a06cc said:

His best season was last season. He allowed just 5 sacks and 8 QB hits. However the previous years weren’t so great. Contract year 2014-15 he play well. Then regressed in 2016. 2017 again was his best season.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Castonzo

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=24809

Thanks for the stats.     But I don't think they help you.    Quite the opposite.

He had a TERRIBLE 2012 season.    Then he's been remarkably consistent.   13, 14, 15, 16 and 17..... all very good seasons.      I don't see what you see.     I see a solid player.     I'm sorry you don't.

12 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Let’s see how mediocre AC is. Yuk yuk yuk. Some folks seem to forget that Luck was amongst the most sacked QBs in the league when AC was the starting LT. Yuk yuk yuk.

You do know that offensive lines have 5 guys don't you?      And then there's the tight end, and the running backs who can help in the blocking.    It's not just one guy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

If AC were any good he would have made 1 pro bowl. Wait duck.

how much you want to bet that Laremy Tunsil will make the Pro Bowl b4 AC does. And AC has him beat in NFL experience by like 4 or 5 years.Ouch...

Here's yet another point that you don't seem to understand....

It doesn't matter if Larmy Tunsil becomes a better OT than Castonzo.   Tunsil being good doesn't mean Castonzo is not good.      How is it that you can't figure this out?

Also....    I've posted this before,   but I'm happy to post it again.

The Pro Bowls take 3 OT's.    Just 3.     So, out of 16 LT's in the AFC,  that means AC could be as high the 4th rated, or valued OT.     Again,  just because he's not elite doesn't mean he isn't good.

You just keep making one bad argument after another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here's yet another point that you don't seem to understand....

It doesn't matter if Larmy Tunsil becomes a better OT than Castonzo.   Tunsil being good doesn't mean Castonzo is not good.      How is it that you can't figure this out?

Also....    I've posted this before,   but I'm happy to post it again.

The Pro Bowls take 3 OT's.    Just 3.     So, out of 16 LT's in the AFC,  that means AC could be as high the 4th rated, or valued OT.     Again,  just because he's not elite doesn't mean he isn't good.

You just keep making one bad argument after another.

Might as well give it up.  He is not mature enough to admit he is wrong.

He is still in the grasshopper stage of his life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

Mod Note

I've had to remove a number of posts again. Can I politely ask people that if they take issue with a post to please use the report button rather then discuss it in the topic. 

Sorry SCC if anything I said needed to be removed. I was just poking a little fun at the whole thing.

@Old Colt is the winner.   AC us out for Sunday’s game.    It would not surprise me if he’s also out for Thursday’s game with New England

But we have to gave him back for weeks 6, 7 and 8.    That’s Jets, Bills and Raiders.    These are all winnable games.    If this season is to amount to anything, that three week stretch is critical for even a mildly successful season.

On a good yr, 5 sacks/8 hurries! Most Elite LT’s that get paid don’t give up half the pressure AC does but here he is taking up the 3rd most cap hit on this team and has missed a dismal 9 wks straight since training camp dealing with a hamstring!  This is a good thing, Colts are learning to have success w/o a cap strung LT, which can’t  bode well for the future of AC!  In today’s cap hit NFL, the best GM’s will trim the fat where necessary so goodbye bum.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, NDcolt said:

On a good yr, 5 sacks/8 hurries! Most Elite LT’s that get paid don’t give up half the pressure AC does but here he is taking up the 3rd most cap hit on this team and has missed a dismal 9 wks straight since training camp dealing with a hamstring!  This is a good thing, Colts are learning to have success w/o a cap strung LT, which can’t  bode well for the future of AC!  In today’s cap hit NFL, the best GM’s will trim the fat where necessary so goodbye bum.

You call it a dismal 9 weeks. He's a vet and preseason isnt absolutely necessary for him to be good when he gets back. Let's call it four games so far...

On 9/28/2018 at 2:58 PM, NewColtsFan said:

@Old Colt is the winner.   AC us out for Sunday’s game.    It would not surprise me if he’s also out for Thursday’s game with New England

But we have to gave him back for weeks 6, 7 and 8.    That’s Jets, Bills and Raiders.    These are all winnable games.    If this season is to amount to anything, that three week stretch is critical for even a mildly successful season.

Well, add this week’s critical division game to those three games.   So if this year is to amount to anything, Colts pretty much need to win 4 out of the next 5 games, today’s game against Houston included.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 11:54 AM, masterlock said:

It's not "grammer" it's spelling. Speaking of which...it's grammar, not "grammer". ;) Sorry, you made that one too easy.

I guess the return of AC proved everyone correct. Our LT prob are officially solved and this is evident by the out come. Now let's see the Colts draft or sign a LT this off-season because AC is the answer. Yep.