Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett With The Hail Mary!!

King Colt

Luck had a strong enough arm to make that throw in the past. Here is evidence.

The fact that the coaches brought in Brisset for the Hail Mary tells us that Luck's arm strength isn't where it once was. That's all. 

Now we have to hope that his shoulder continues to get stronger and that Luck regains what he once had.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The fact that the coaches brought in Brisset for the Hail Mary tells us that Luck's arm strength isn't where it once was. That's all. 

Now we have to hope that his shoulder continues to get stronger and that Luck regains what he once had.

that won't be this year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Just because he didn't throw it doesn't mean he could not have.  Maybe the Coaches didn't see any reason to stress a still relatively newly recovered (probably still gaining  strength) shoulder on a low percentage  "Hail Mary" throw where we would not gain anything by having Luck throw it instead of Brissett.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lance_m8 said:

please nobody say luck is hurt thats why he didnt throw it brisset has a cannon so let him chuck it simple was good coaching to know brisset could get it there

I don't think he's specifically hurt, but I think it is evidence that they might be exercising a bit of caution with Luck. That's not a bad thing, it means he's probably still improving each week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

I'm positive the coaches would have let him throw it if there was zero pass rush.   Obviously,  in an actual game,  that isn't the case

22 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Gotta love Andrew Luck and his mindset. He's still upbeat and positive.

He was asked about the coaches decision to give Jacoby Brissett the Hail Mary attempt and here is his reponse:

https://www.colts.com/video/andrew-luck-press-conference-colts-vs-eagles

After watching a minute of the Luck presser is what i hear him saying is this, I'm rusty and I'm going to make mistakes right now, however this team is out here having FUN playing football, IF we win great IF we lose its ONLY a football game. I am sure he wants to win just as we all want the team to win. But I really don't think anybody on the team is going to lose any sleep if we lose. 

Granted I really don't like seeing Luck so happy up there but at the same time its just a game. 

• Like 1

I just took a minute to go back to the thread where we traded Dorsett for him. Here are some of the posts made when Jacoby was acquired.....

This is bad IMO.... on many levels. I think we will regret this one.

Seriously? That's disappointing. Watch....Dorsett will be a Pro Bowler in NE.

I don't like it.

Ballard with a major head-scratcher. Stupid

Patriots just got better. Let's do our best to make sure the champs get even better.

Any qb in the league can be good in the Pats system! Brissett wont show as well in the Colts system!

We just traded a starting receiver for a back-up QB, who will most likely suck once he gets here.

A third stringer QB for a 3rd yr 1st rounder. BB strikes again!

lol Ballard with a Grigson move...

There is no way Brissett is gonna be as good here as he is in NE. And there is no way Dorsett will be as underutilized there as he was here.

He's a product of the NE system, like Cassel, Mallet, etc. He will most likely suck once he's here. Only a sucker would trade for a NE QB, as history has shown. I guess Ballard is not a student of history.

People will finally see how Dorsett should be utilized. You can't expect him to catch 60+ balls while running nothing but deep routes when he's the 3rd receiver. N.E will turn him into a respectable commodity. Indy took him for granted.

Awful. Just awful

This is a stupid trade, brissett didn't even look good in NE system and that is saying a lot, Morris and even Tolzein are better than Brissett.

Disappointed in this.....Brissett will never play for us

Gotta be honest, still hearing Bilichicks' evil laughter

wth.. uhg sickening.

We traded a starting wr for a qb who probably won't see no time on the field....dumb trade

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, strt182 said:

After watching a minute of the Luck presser is what i hear him saying is this, I'm rusty and I'm going to make mistakes right now, however this team is out here having FUN playing football, IF we win great IF we lose its ONLY a football game. I am sure he wants to win just as we all want the team to win. But I really don't think anybody on the team is going to lose any sleep if we lose. 

Granted I really don't like seeing Luck so happy up there but at the same time its just a game. 

I'm guessing when he was slamming the football on the field after he got tripped up/sacked on that drive they should've scored, he was upset. 

19 hours ago, Track Guy said:

I don't think he's specifically hurt, but I think it is evidence that they might be exercising a bit of caution with Luck. That's not a bad thing, it means he's probably still improving each week. 

I agree.   All it means is that Luck is probably not 100%.   However, he shouldn't have to throw like that much so it doesn't matter.    He does need to improve though.  

7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm guessing when he was slamming the football on the field after he got tripped up/sacked on that drive they should've scored, he was upset. 

yea I seen his frustration there. 

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

I love seeing our QB happy. I guess we live in different worlds. 

I like seeing him happy, just not quite THAT happy after a loss. 

On 9/23/2018 at 4:58 PM, Flash7 said:

It might also be the coaches/medical staff worried about reinjuring the labrum with such a heave.

I think its about follow through. Watch any QB throwing the football that far and you see their arm come downward hard. All it would take is for Luck, is to hit one helmet with his hand, causing an injury, and some of these same fans in here would be screaming....

"Why didn't we have Jacoby throw that ball!!! Lame coach"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I think its about follow through. Watch any QB throwing the football that far and you see their arm come downward hard. All it would take is for Luck, is to hit one helmet with his hand, causing an injury, and some of these same fans in here would be screaming....

"Why didn't we have Jacoby throw that ball!!! Lame coach"

I agree, why risk an injury on a crapshoot play? Others saying they don't like Reich's playcalling but yet for years those same people have been whining for the short passing game to keep Luck healthy. Really funny.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:58 PM, Flash7 said:

No, Luck never had the arm strength Brissett has.

Why do people have to analyze every single thing on this forum?

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Not gonna happen. 

And I don't think it SHOULD happen.  This is rebuilding year.  A lot of rookies who need evaluation - to see how they play and if they fit our system.

Likewise, it's a recovery year for Luck.  He's got to play games in order to get rid of the rust.  Can't do that in practice.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:08 PM, esmort said:

Just because he didn't throw it doesn't mean he could not have.  Maybe the Coaches didn't see any reason to stress a still relatively newly recovered (probably still gaining  strength) shoulder on a low percentage  "Hail Mary" throw where we would not gain anything by having Luck throw it instead of Brissett.

I just said something very similar in another thread.