Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense deserves a game ball!

horseshoecrabs

I know we didn't play a perfect game on defense but considering how new the Colts defense is this year, They made plays when it mattered.  The bend but don't break concept worked this game. I just want to give a game ball to the defense, for their showing up for the whole game. We should be proud of their effort. Any thoughts on this guys? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I know we didn't play a perfect game on defense but considering how new the Colts defense is this year, They made plays when it mattered.  The bend but don't break concept worked this game. I just want to give a game ball to the defense, for their showing up for the whole game. We should be proud of their effort. Any thoughts on this guys? 

I'm very proud of our young defense's play today.  They are fun to watch.  Love their energy and seeing them swarm to the football and hit!  It's refreshing to see. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luca_Colts said:

Offense didn't do anything 3rd quarter, I thought it was a question of time for the defense to be burnt out, fortunately they stayed strong  and gave no breaks for Alex smith & friends

Just when I feared our D would peter out...Luck led his offense to a clutch TD drive in response to the last Skin's scoring drive.  That allowed our D to catch their breath and reclaim the momentum to FINISH this week.  They hung TOUGH all game.  Coach Reich should be pleased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, #12. said:

When they held the Redskins to 3 after the Luck pick, it was their "real defense" moment.  That's something elite defenses do regularly, and something we rarely see.  

That is no doubt. After the second pick I thought here we go again. D showed up today and looked solid the duration. Leonard is legit and Hunt is leading this D line by example. Just a good effort and W for the boys in blue.

Leonard (so far obviously) looks like one of those LB's that were great from the moment they took the field (Willis, Lewis type). Those types don't stop around Indy to often.. Lol

He flows to the ball and stops people, not drag them down. Intense player, something we haven't had in a LONG time around here. No offence to our past solid guys at LB (Thorton, Peterson, Washington etc) but just basing off two games, he's been the fastest, hardest hitter I've seen at any of our LB spots since at least the Dungy days.

Very excited about Leonard's prospects so far.  I want to temper my expectations somewhat because I know he's only played 2 games and he has yet to see some of the more dynamic offenses in the league yet.  But dang, that guy sure looks the part so far.  I guess it's also fair to say he himself will only get better as he learns more about how to attack NFL offenses.  Athletically, the Colts have not had a guy with his freakish skills in a LONG time.  So very excited to watch this guy continue to learn and grow in this league.

19 hours ago, BOTT said:

The tackling appears to much improved over the last few yrs.

i wish they would bend a bit less.....it leads to the offense getting poor field position.  Pretty minor complaint though.

Someone posted a figure earlier stating that the Colts were 9th in the league for yards given up per game.

Either we're not bending as much as it seems, or not as often (some long drives, but a lot of 3 & outs?).

Winning like this is very satisfying.

• Like 3