Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dungy On Manning's Release

WeSpy

Dungy had an interesting response when asked about where he may go.... he said it wouldn't necessarily be somewhere to win a SB. thats a bit of an indictment against manning

Not so sure. He could very well mean that Peyton might still concentrate on a team with the pieces in place on the offensive side of the ball like O-line, running game, WRs/TEs etc. instead of looking whether their D and ST also give him a chance to win the SB. Peyton has always been the kind who felt, as a QB, his job was to take care of the offense, and that was it. The D, and ST, if those pieces gave him help, he would gladly take it but it wont be his primary factor, that was probably what Dungy was alluding to, I am pretty sure.

You make it sound like "Peyton is still about money" with your implication but what I said above would be way more valid for a QB choosing a team since he controls the offensive side of things and that would be it.

Marshall Faulk said Peyton will NOT go to an NFC team.

Take that for what it's worth.

Trevor Pryce said last night on the radio that he sees Peyton and Rex Ryan joining up. He says the respect for each other is huge.

Maybe Arizona. They seem to be very interested. Schefter broke it down to the Dolphins/Jets/Cardinals/Skins right now. Who knows IMO if there is a suprise team or two in the mix.

Chiefs?

I think the Dolphins are planning to kidnap him and force him to play for them.

Maybe Arizona. They seem to be very interested. Schefter broke it down to the Dolphins/Jets/Cardinals/Skins right now. Who knows IMO if there is a suprise team or two in the mix.

Chiefs?

Seattle is interested. Rich Cimini cited a league source and said that the Seahawks would come out with "checkbook blazing."

Seattle is interested. Rich Cimini cited a league source and said that the Seahawks would come out with "checkbook blazing."

I could deal with Seattle. I think they were very underrated last year.

Miami like Jaric implied though, is obsessed.

Dungy had an interesting response when asked about where he may go.... he said it wouldn't necessarily be somewhere to win a SB. thats a bit of an indictment against manning

I tend to think what he was saying was that Manning is not going to a contending team that already has an established QB- which would fit with his personality- not causing a QB controversy. If that is the case, it probably eliminates some teams that have been talked about like Bal, Dallas, Houston & Jets... and maybe Denver.

I also cannot see him signing up with a team like Cleveland (although that would be interesting).

Some team like the Chiefs or Arizona, where there is no established QB and no real established offensive style, he could come in a really make a difference. Those would be my guesses anyway

Dolphins have a new head coach though. They don't tend to win titles in their first year.

His odds are probably better with the Chiefs and Jets in the AFC for next season.

Then again I swear if he went to the Chiefs and lost to the Chargers twice I will start to think they own him for good.......

Why not a team like Baltimore? I mean, their defense was tops in the league last year with a QB who completes sub-50% of his passes. Imagine what they would look like with the best to ever play. They have a great offensive line, lots of weapons, elite D and ST play, a coach who seems to have his players with him...

I don't know. I guess I'm not sure why that's completely out of the equation. I don't have their cap numbers in front of me.

I realize many here respect and love dungy.... but what the heck does he really know? he doesn't know

Trevor Pryce said last night on the radio that he sees Peyton and Rex Ryan joining up. He says the respect for each other is huge.

In 2009 when we went 14-2, Marshall Faulk predicted we would go 10-6...

Chiefs?

IMO the Cardinals, Seahawks, Chiefs, and Jets would all be good spots for him. I am rooting for Arizona only because that is my twin sister's team. Gotta keep 18 in the family. :luv: Peyton in New York playing in the same stadium as Eli and facing Brady at least twice a season would be a media dream come true. But the public scrutiny he'd have to deal with would be insane. If the Texans were to somehow show interest and he is truly healthy...look out.

Why not a team like Baltimore? I mean, their defense was tops in the league last year with a QB who completes sub-50% of his passes. Imagine what they would look like with the best to ever play. They have a great offensive line, lots of weapons, elite D and ST play, a coach who seems to have his players with him...

I don't know. I guess I'm not sure why that's completely out of the equation. I don't have their cap numbers in front of me.

Can't believe I forgot the Ravens. Good point Doogs...a healthy Peyton on that team could make some serious noise. Like you, I don't know their cap situation though. I would be fine with this also since I have personal ties to the Baltimore.

I realize many here respect and love dungy.... but what the heck does he really know? he doesn't know

Agree. I respect Dungy as much as anyone but he has been out of the loop with what is going on over here for awhile now. Even more so today with the changing of the guard and the new regime in Indy. He's just like the rest of the talking heads at this point.

No, please no,

NO

*shudders*

I know right? Makes be sick just thinking about it.

I actually think Seattle might be the best fit/darkhorse here. If Marshawn Lynch is still beast moding it up for skittles, Peyton could do very well there.

Because then I'd have to burn down their stadium.

I know right? Makes be sick just thinking about it.

I actually think Seattle might be the best fit/darkhorse here. If Marshawn Lynch is still beast moding it up for skittles, Peyton could do very well there.

Seattle might be the best bet for all of us considering the options out there. We don't play them. We don't care about them. They are underrated IMO. Tough run game. Great home crowd. Decent D that is underrated too. Beat the Giants and Niners. Could say the same for the Cardinals I guess.

With that being said I have this vision of him in the AFC East now.

I would kinda prefer he does not end up in either "east". I am hightly doubting he goes to the Skins though.

Did this ever occur to anyone? What if Peyton ended up in the Jets. Flynn with the Dolphins. Brady with the Pats. Oh Good gracious........

In 2009 when we went 14-2, Marshall Faulk predicted we would go 10-6...

We won several close ones that year we could have lost. 10-6 is not a terrible record either......

Then again not saying what Faulk said was a fact either. Nothing ever is.

Chiefs?

I think this one makes a world of sense. Just imagine Manning throwing to Fitzgerald and Wayne. (And maybe you could add Randy Moss as well) It would be an unstoppable offense and would assault the record books.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Vikings... I was born in Minneapolis so the boys in Purple have a soft spot in my heart... its been a LOOOOONG time since they were a true contender...

Other than that, no matter where Manning goes I will watch their games and cheer for him... until he plays the Colts!

Wow opposites must attract, because those twos egos are about as far apart as you can get. I am picking Miami so he can get the Pats twice a year and coach dip **** loses lots of sleep.