Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How will the D stop Mixon and Green?

Smonroe

49 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm sure the "genius" has a plan on stopping the Bengals.

You have to trust ballard.

Somebody wants to be sarcastic but doesn't quite understand Ballard's job. The genius isn't the guy who will develop the plan to stop the Bengals that would be the DC Eberflus with the assistance of his position coaches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

Somebody wants to be sarcastic but doesn't quite understand Ballard's job. The genius isn't the guy who will develop the plan to stop the Bengals that would be the DC Eberflus with the assistance of his position coaches. 

I know it was really smart to make sure Morrison won't be out there to be abused.
That was part of the game plan for all games this season. Way to go Ballard.   :applause:

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

Sarcasm or not Ballard hires the right people to do the job.

Trust in Ballard. Trust the people he hires.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, strt182 said:

How will the D stop Mixon and Green?

This might be captain obvious but i would say by tackling them. 

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking. Does this guy even watch football? Pff. They tackle the guy who runs the ball. Duh. What are they going to use their minds to stop him??? (I'd watch that, though) They stop him then the mascots have a gladiatorial fight, then the winner kicks a 2 point conversion. Everyone knows that! Let's go Colts! And Blue! Get em with the chokehold, Blue!!

On 9/3/2018 at 11:41 AM, Freenyfan102 said:

No, it was because he "did not fit the scheme" which was nonsense

He didn't play well in the 4-3 and he wasn't that good last year either..

I don't get why so many on here love him??

Al Woods played better

On 9/3/2018 at 12:20 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think it's automatic but you do realize we are 3 point favorites and have the better QB in this game + we are at home. While not automatic because nothing is, we have the slightly better team IMO and should win a close game.

Also we lost by one point last season and that was without AL. 

17 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well Mixon is my starting back in fantasy so if he destroys us I guess on the plus side my team will be pretty good lol

I do not understand how a Colts fan can have Bengals. So you are rooting for Mixon to shred the Colts? This does not sound like a Colts fan to me. I do not understand fantasy, so maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way

On 9/2/2018 at 8:16 PM, jimmy g said:

Like the 1980s Pacers, well have to outscore them- Colts, 95- Bengals, 94...

I'm pretty sure every football team EVER has had to outscore their opponent in order to beat them.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

When did the Bengals become so amazing? 

They are not.  But they may look that way Sept 9, 2018..

5 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I do not understand how a Colts fan can have Bengals. So you are rooting for Mixon to shred the Colts? This does not sound like a Colts fan to me. I do not understand fantasy, so maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way

Yeah you must really not understand fantasy football the way the draft went I got stuck with Joe Mixon if he does good I get points for my team if I win the league i get money 

• Like 1

I am not sold on the run D so far, I expect Mixon to gash us for 100 plus yards.

We have to play ahead to make the run less of a factor, so Luck has to start fast, no two ways about it. Then, we have to manufacture pass rush somehow if we cannot generate pressure with the front four. 

We should know what to do to test their shaky O-line, just not sure if we have the horses to do it. I still stick with my prediction Colts 27 Bengals 20.

If you have Bengals and Colts players in fantasy, you may want Colts 37 Bengals 34 :) 

9 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

When did the Bengals become so amazing? 

Exactamundo Lollygag!  I've been sitting here asking myself this the whole time.

We are talking about Andy Dalton here.   Not Tom Brady!  And Mixon hasn't accomplished much of anything yet.  

We were pretty terrible last year and we should have won that Bengals game had it not been for Brissetts freak turnover.  I'm certainly not sitting here shaking in my boots wondering how we are going to stop the damn Bengals!

• Like 1

Lot riding on our OL. If we can give Luck a little protection, even have just a decent run game, we could take this game. We have to be better in the middle- Nelson/Kelly/Slauson is a marked improvement over Vuj/(name your center from last year)/ (one of a dozen that played RG).

Hoping we can show that improvement against a really good DL. 

Looking forward to seeing if our "fast athletic" linebackers can make some impact plays. 

25 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

For the ^&%$$%#% time......

Favorites on betting lines are about predicting the median bet point, not which team is better. 

Correct.

They start out by determining how many points better a team is over its opponent.   The line is adjusted depending on how the betting goes.  

The point of this thread, which was mostly ignored, was - how are the Colts going to stop the Bengals two best players.  A few answered but most were like ‘they’re no good, don’t worry about it’.  

• Like 1