Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2018 Schedule Announced [Merge]

NewColtsFan

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

My early prediction no one wants (or is going to like). I see 6 or 7 wins there and that's with Luck. That first game is almost a must win and that's looking at it in April. 

Before the Draft I cant predict but before the Draft happens, I can say Cincy is very winnable even if Brissett plays lmao 

Week 1: vs CIN -- Could be a Win, opening at home, with an invigorated Luck and new rookie players
Week 2: @ WASH -- Might be a Win, on the road vs a team in transition, but I'll call it a Loss for now
Week 3: @ PHI -- Definitely a Loss
Week 4: vs HOU -- First division game, and we get it at home!  This game will set the tone.  Possible Win.
Week 5: @ NE (TNF) -- Why do we always have to lose on national television?
Week 6: @ NYJ -- First legitimate chance at a Win on the road.  Crossing fingers!
Week 7: vs BUF -- These guys were good last year.  Hoping for a win, but doubting it.
Week 8: @ OAK -- I think they'll bounce back.  This is a loss, I think.
Week 9: Bye -- 3 and 5 going into the Bye, after 5 road games out of our first 8.  5 out of next 8 games are division
Week 10: vs JAX -- week 10 and only our 2nd division game!  another tempo setting game after bye.  (prob a loss)
Week 11: vs TEN -- Home against the coin flip Titans.  How's our injury list by now?  Will call this a win
Week 12: vs MIA -- Home game against a decent team that is still beatable.  If Luck is still standing by now, we can win
Week 13: @ JAX -- Loss on the road
Week 14: @ HOU -- Loss on the road
Week 15: vs DAL -- Boys are beatable, and in some transition.  Probably a loss, but will cross fingers
Week 16: vs NYG -- This should be a win vs a team that's finally realized they are as bad as their record says
Week 17: @ TEN -- This one will be good.  With any luck, either team (or both) just might eek into the playoffs with a win.  Rule of thumb:  in a game between equal teams, pick the home team.

Looks like a 6-10 season with these picks, but if we sneak a few wins in here and there, 9-7 is possible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Week 1: vs CIN -- Could be a Win, opening at home, with an invigorated Luck and new rookie players
Week 2: @ WASH -- Might be a Win, on the road vs a team in transition, but I'll call it a Loss for now
Week 4: vs HOU -- First division game, and we get it at home!  This game will set the tone.  Possible Win.
Week 6: @ NYJ -- First legitimate chance at a Win on the road.  Crossing fingers!
Week 7: vs BUF -- These guys were good last year.  Hoping for a win, but doubting it.
Week 9: Bye -- 3 and 5 going into the Bye, after 5 road games out of our first 8.  5 out of next 8 games are division
Week 10: vs JAX -- week 10 and only our 2nd division game!  another tempo setting game after bye.  (prob a loss)
Week 11: vs TEN -- Home against the coin flip Titans.  How's our injury list by now?  Will call this a win
Week 12: vs MIA -- Home game against a decent team that is still beatable.  If Luck is still standing by now, we can win
Week 15: vs DAL -- Boys are beatable, and in some transition.  Probably a loss, but will cross fingers
Week 16: vs NYG -- This should be a win vs a team that's finally realized they are as bad as their record says
Week 17: @ TEN -- This one will be good.  With any luck, either team (or both) just might eek into the playoffs with a win.  Rule of thumb:  in a game between equal teams, pick the home team.

Looks like a 6-10 season with these picks, but if we sneak a few wins in here and there, 9-7 is possible.

That was my thought too - somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, P'Son said:

I've only made a few.  Most notably, Luck will announce his retirement.

And forfeit all that cash?

I'd be really stunned if he said he's retiring at this point. I'd go so far as to say, it's not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

And forfeit all that cash?

I'd be really stunned if he said he's retiring at this point. I'd go so far as to say, it's not going to happen. 

He's too upstanding to take money for nothing.  He knows he's limited.  Plus, he has plenty of money.

Kinda glad we don’t get a ton of prime time games, at least for this season. They’re still rebuilding and it’s good that they’ll go pretty low key the whole year. Plus if they do turn out to be pretty good this season, it’ll be satisfying to make the league look silly by giving us one measly TNF.

Btw no one has gotten over what happened in February right? Good. Cause Week 5 is a must win haha 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have 102 Posts and half of them is saying Luck is done and will announce his retirement. What else do you want to contribute to the Site? I can tell you love Luck :sarcasm:

23,237  - impressive

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

My early prediction no one wants (or is going to like). I see 6 or 7 wins there and that's with Luck. That first game is almost a must win and that's looking at it in April. 

I've got 6- 8 wins. The back end is brutal.   

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I cant predict anything til I see how luck and hooker recover. Also need to see who we draft

8-8 if Luck is healthy and 5-11 if we use Brissett. I don't think Luck will give us as big of a boost as we think (even if he is healthy, he'll have rust). The AFC South is heavily improved already, not counting the draft yet (we could get swept by the Jags and go 1-1 Vs the Titans and Texans very easily). It should be a better year than last year, with us staying in games and holding leads more often with a lot more player development from this draft, but I think it'll be 2019 before we truly start to take off. We need 2 more draft classes, not just 1 IMO.

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Wow couldn't even get a monday night game 

I said that we’d be lucky to get a Sunday night game when someone started a thread guessing how many night games we’d get.  

With Lucks status up in the air, in the eyes of the networks, they wouldn’t want to risk putting on dogs and lose ratings.  And Indy isn’t exactly a big market either.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Wow, Bubba doesn’t look old enough to drive.   

Super young, only 35. Must feel strange being one of the ex-Pats that McDaniels was going to bring over, but I like what I've read on him so far. A ST lifer for the Pats.

Here's some kind words from the Sith Lord (Belichick):

No one works harder than Ray. He's a smart football player. He puts his heart and soul into it every time he steps onto the field. It doesn't matter if it's regular season or postseason game or a walkthrough practice. He has that same intensity and same level of competitiveness on every single play. You've got to love that about Ray. He's a tough kid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Super young, only 35. Must feel strange being one of the ex-Pats that McDaniels was going to bring over, but I like what I've read on him so far. A ST lifer for the Pats.

Here's some kind words from the Sith Lord (Belichick):

I like what I’ve read about all of them so far.  I’ve been skeptical about the new D scheme but I’m the first to admit that “Flus” knows more about D than me.  And he was well respected in Dallas.  

Bubba did great in NE.  I have to wonder how he felt about being in Indy when everything went down.  He looks like a coach that no one is going to give any lip.  

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

That was my thought too - somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7

I agree --  if Luck is back to form and healthy for all 16 games, although we'd need a bit of magic to get to 9-7. Without Luck, facing this schedule with Brissett for all 16 games, 3-13 or 4-12 at best. At least that gets another Top Five, or even a possible #1 pick in 2019. There is still a lot of Grigson damage out there to clean up, and it certainly won't all be fixed this year. 

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

My early prediction = barring complete surprise as to how quickly the team can come together, they will finish between 6-10 and 9-7.  If the stars align, I would see the upper realm of possibility topping out at 11-5.

To get to 11-5 with this team you'd not only need for all the stars to align, you'd need to rip the fabric of space-time itself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Predicting anything this early and it holding true is nearly impossible. So this is a waste of time this is even before the draft has taken place every team is going to be a different team come September.  

• Like 1