Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2018 Schedule Announced [Merge]

NewColtsFan

The announcement will be made here, on this website, at 8p east coast time,  5p west coast time.

The announcment will also be made on both the NFL Network and on ESPN if you want to watch and see reaction.

The Website has dried up this week....   thought perhaps this might generate some interest....

Or not...    who knows?     Tough to tell these days....

• Like 2

I always look to see when we have our bye week and how many games we play against teams coming off a bye or a Thursday game.

I expect an early bye this year.  Our team doesn't really have high expectations from pundits around the country.

• Like 1

My favorite day of the year get to plan my Colts trips for the upcoming year. My hope is to one game in Indy and two road games Philly and Tennessee. I'm also curious to see how week one works out with NASCAR being at Indy that weekend I'm assuming will start on the road but it would be awesome if we got a Monday Nighter and I could go to both the race and a football game on the same trip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsleafs said:

My favorite day of the year get to plan my Colts trips for the upcoming year. My hope is to one game in Indy and two road games Philly and Tennessee. I'm also curious to see how week one works out with NASCAR being at Indy that weekend I'm assuming will start on the road but it would be awesome if we got a Monday Nighter and I could go to both the race and a football game on the same trip. 

My two cents from an experienced Colts road follower and racing fan

1) Be careful in Philly.  Even when their fans were in LOS in 2014, they were a handful.  In Philly, being Super Bowl champs, I'd say Brotherly Love is not what you would receive.

2) The Nashville roady is always a blast.  Great place to spend the weekend.

3) Guessing the home opener will not be opposite the Brickyard although that race is so unimportant anymore, the Colts and the league might just say the heck with it.  If you have a choice of a race to see in Indy, it is 1000% for sure the Indy 500.  Understand it does not allow for the killing of two birds with one stone that you are going for with the Brickyard and Colts double.  However, it is infinitely a better race with more tradition and racing.

43 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

My two cents from an experienced Colts road follower and racing fan

1) Be careful in Philly.  Even when their fans were in LOS in 2014, they were a handful.  In Philly, being Super Bowl champs, I'd say Brotherly Love is not what you would receive.

2) The Nashville roady is always a blast.  Great place to spend the weekend.

3) Guessing the home opener will not be opposite the Brickyard although that race is so unimportant anymore, the Colts and the league might just say the heck with it.  If you have a choice of a race to see in Indy, it is 1000% for sure the Indy 500.  Understand it does not allow for the killing of two birds with one stone that you are going for with the Brickyard and Colts double.  However, it is infinitely a better race with more tradition and racing.

Thanks for the heads up I definitely expect Philly to be the roughest stadium I've been to so far but need to knock it off the list if I want to see the Colts play in every Stadium. I've seen the colts play in 16 different stadiums roughest so far was Oakland with Baltimore a close second. Me and my buddies started a NASCAR pool a few years back to fill the void of no football on Sunday. It would be cool to be at the last race of our pool season not going to lie the racing is actually quite boring but the pool makes it pretty interesting. I will definitely have to come in the summer one time and take in the Indy 500. 

• Like 1

I would love to see them beat the Eagles. Sports radio announcers here are concerned that  Frank Reich was the brains behind the Eagles success.

I live in Delaware and I’m looking forward to going to Washington, New York (actually New Jersey), Philadelphia and/or Boston.

We’ll also (hopefully) make one Indy game (with the roof open).

We’ve suffered so much as a fan base, these past few years, I’m ready for the Colts to start winning again 

GO COLTS!!!!!

4 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

my thoughts exactly , but while were here, season opener at home against the Cowboys sunday night!

I hope not!  I have a lot of buddies who are Cowboys fans. I'm hoping it's at least Week 6 so both teams will be playing well

16 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Rumor on twitter is our opener is against houston an away game....I like to start our division games early

Just saw pats get Houston week 1. We get jets week 6. 

10 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

What’s tomorrow lottery numbers you wizard??!!!

I went on a whim and felt that just like last year when we had all NFC West games out of the way by game 6, I thought they might do the same for the Patriots as well this year with the AFC South since word was their game 1 was vs the Texans.

Plus, I wanted to play them early before the rolling stone gathered some moss. 

Knowing Jets were game 6, and due to the fact the Patriots typically struggle during their first 4-5 games, I guessed around game 5. :thmup:

1 minute ago, coltsleafs said:

Are these leaks typically legit or they complete nonsense? I looked at the schedule leak for New England and it has them playing 5 prime time games in a span of 7 weeks that can't be real

Last few years they have been spot on 

2 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Are these leaks typically legit or they complete nonsense? I looked at the schedule leak for New England and it has them playing 5 prime time games in a span of 7 weeks that can't be real

It’s Brady’s league, I don’t see why they can’t happen 

1 minute ago, Jaredfor3 said:

In a sense they don’t. Not like it really matters but the Colts typically play on the road to start the season. 

They have been on the road more times than not in recent years for sure but more coincidental than anything else, like last year when U2 played at LOS on the NFL opening weekend.

33 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Darn my favorite time to go to a game is Mid October and looks like two of those games are Pats and Jets which are not the games I plan on going to this year lol

Watch, now that I said that, it’ll be completely wrong 

• Like 1

I'm glad we've got a home opener but it could be rough having 4/6 away games to start.

But if we're relatively healthy towards the end, we could end on a pretty solid note. All in all it's weird going through our divisonal games and thinking they'll be tough games rather than the AFC South of old.