TKnight24

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

their taking Chubb. They just traded JPP

So they got rid of their corners .... does that mean they r going to get corners too? 

People dont fit fit schemes or cost too much money against the cap and they just don’t perform up to those standards. They need a RB and a QB more then a pass rusher. Honestly I could see this as a trade back scenario for bills/Broncos etc ... if they are set at QB for years like they think ....... had to laugh sorry ...... then they probably want to protect Eli as much as possible in the meantime. Barkley or Nelson would be their best bet ... or draft a QB and let him sit for 1-2 years and get ready to take over. Chubb just doesn’t fit them atm. But it’s a draft .... and who the heck knows what will happen .... as long as the colts get either Nelson or Chubb I’m good.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My question is if you have two first round stud OL in college why couldn't Notre Dame manage to play better? You would think they could at least line up and run behind them for 4 or 5 yds per carry every time at least. That's disappointing or a couple guys are getting over hyped.

They did have a lot of rushing yards.  

But Nelson and McGlincey can only block 1 man each.  Thats 9 other guys not blocked by a 1st round draft pick OL.  

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My question is if you have two first round stud OL in college why couldn't Notre Dame manage to play better? You would think they could at least line up and run behind them for 4 or 5 yds per carry every time at least. That's disappointing or a couple guys are getting over hyped.

What are you talking about? ND averaged in the top 10 in the NCAA for rushing yards this past year.  The line won the Joe Moore award that goes to the most dominating NCAA OL.  There really was not much that was disappointing about the ND OL line last year.

1 hour ago, TheMarine said:

I think the Giants take BPA regardless of position here. Browns take a QB, they'll snatch up Barkley. Browns take Barkely, Giants take Chubb

I don’t think so. Jets tried trading for the number 2 and the Giants were not interested at all. If they didn’t want a QB then they would’ve taken the trade. And they’ve been scouting and working out all the top QBs

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

they also played 3-4 QBs and their defense sucked

17 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

And as it relates to my point, I don't think that begins to mean anything for his future in New York or what they will do with the 2nd pick.

I stated a fact and you came on here and said “disinformation” so I was just letting ya know

26 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

What are you talking about? ND averaged in the top 10 in the NCAA for rushing yards this past year.  The line won the Joe Moore award that goes to the most dominating NCAA OL.  There really was not much that was disappointing about the ND OL line last year.

I watched all their games. In their 3 losses they couldn't run the ball for squat....exception was some qb scrambles etc. Georgia, Stanford, Miami all shut them down running...even Michigan St/LSU limited them. They had some very very big games against some lesser opponents. I'm not here to bash them...and understand two guys can't block 11 but I was very disappointed in their blocking in the big games they played this year. I just left unimpressed as they couldn't get the yards when they needed them most. Could be a lot to do with predictable play calling etc....we all know what that looks like after last year and I'm sure I'm being too hard on them but I would have thought when the going got tough you should be able to run behind those two studs and get the job done. Oh well. Just goes to show even if we land someone like Nelson in the draft nothing is given.

30 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

I stated a fact and you came on here and said “disinformation” so I was just letting ya know

Dear God...

I never questioned your fact.  I was well aware that Shurmur said it.  I simply said that trusting what anyone says right now is foolish.  It means nothing.  It is not hard to follow.

20 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

His point is that it's hard to take anybody at their word (meaning FO/coaches/etc) during the lead up to the draft.

Thank you.  I did not think this was a particularly challenging concept to follow.

12 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Thank you.  I did not think this was a particularly challenging concept to follow.

like i told him i understood what you meant haha i just thought you used poor choice of words not to sure if you know what disinformation means

21 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Dear God...

I never questioned your fact.  I was well aware that Shurmur said it.  I simply said that trusting what anyone says right now is foolish.  It means nothing.  It is not hard to follow.

and i can understand not trusting media but dude we’re talking about the coach here haha 

13 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

like i told him i understood what you meant haha i just thought you used poor choice of words not to sure if you know what disinformation means

You think disinformation is a difficult word to understand?

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

isnt Spags still their DC?

I think someone else is.  Or else has someone has been brought in at a high level who specializes in 34s.  

I just think the top 3 QBs will go 1-2-3 with the NYG trading out to someone.

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

I don’t think so. Jets tried trading for the number 2 and the Giants were not interested at all. If they didn’t want a QB then they would’ve taken the trade. And they’ve been scouting and working out all the top QBs

I can't imagine the Jets tried trading with the Gianst. Maybe with the Browns, but not the Giants. They are competing for the NY market. How would it look in 2 years time, if the Jets found their franchise QB with the pick the Giants gave them? The same pick they could've used to select the then retiring Eli's successor? I think that would probably end many carreers at the Giants organization. :)

3 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

With Bradley Chubb looking like a lock for #2 could definitely use Nelson in the interior for the next 10+ years

So you think Colts will re-sign him when the rookie contract is up?

If he's anywhere near as good as advertised he will Demand a Huge contract......... 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If he's anywhere near as good as advertised he will Demand a Huge contract......... 

If that's the case, then there's no issue paying him because he's earned it. Ballards  point about signing their own.

1 minute ago, PeterBowman said:

If that's the case, then there's no issue paying him because he's earned it. Ballards  point about signing their own.

Yeah maybe... But one thing about the NFL, many top players price themselves out of their current team. Just look at this offseason for example, one Big name after another was available. 

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

Someone on the NFL Channel said the Giants would never trade with the Jets.  So it may be that they just haven't had the right offer yet. 

Personally, I think they want to take Chubb or Nelson but not at 2.  They made a point of having dinner with Darnold so other teams would think they need to move up if they want him or the second best QB.

I hope they move in back of us so both Chubb and Nelson are there.  Still a tough choice between them.

19 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think we've gotta retire the 'he's a lock for 10 years' saying. Nobody usually stays that long on a team. 

They really should start saying '5 years'... lol

3 hours ago, Myles said:

As long as Nelson falls to the Colts, I don't care who the other teams take. 

Anyone see a scenario where the Browns draft QB at 1 and then the Giants draft or trade to a team who drafts Barkely.   That would leave the Jets taking a QB and maybe the Browns grabbing Nelson.   

That would suck for us.

I'm most worried about the Broncos taking Nelson after the Giants take Chubb

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

It happens pretty often in college football.   In 2016 Ohio State went 11-2.   How did they lose 2 games when they had 5 players go in the first round of the draft.   12 players drafted in total.  That doesn't include the players drafted the next year. 

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

They are watching darnold and Allen VERY closely it’s said. I believe darnold goes first and Allen goes to giants ... jets will either take mayfield or Rosen which still leaves me to believe the browns take Barkley that just leaves Denver the mystery .... but, I think they take whatever QB is left or Nelson for their line. Either way Nelson or Chubb will be available for us @ 6.     

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I watched all their games. In their 3 losses they couldn't run the ball for squat....exception was some qb scrambles etc. Georgia, Stanford, Miami all shut them down running...even Michigan St/LSU limited them. They had some very very big games against some lesser opponents. I'm not here to bash them...and understand two guys can't block 11 but I was very disappointed in their blocking in the big games they played this year. I just left unimpressed as they couldn't get the yards when they needed them most. Could be a lot to do with predictable play calling etc....we all know what that looks like after last year and I'm sure I'm being too hard on them but I would have thought when the going got tough you should be able to run behind those two studs and get the job done. Oh well. Just goes to show even if we land someone like Nelson in the draft nothing is given.

I watched all of their games as well.  The issue was Wimbush couldn't throw accurately.  By about the third game of the season, defenses were scheming to put 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run.  NFL lines can't run on those fronts so yeah you are being a little hard on them.  Against LSU and Michigan St, they averaged over 4.5 yards a carry.  There flat out was not many times that they needed yards and ran it behind Nelson and McGlinchey that they didn't get what they needed.  Stanford and Miami held them in check, but the only game that the running game was completely shut down was Georgia and they played in the NC game so they did that to a lot of teams.

6 hours ago, DougDew said:

Hopefully he's there to look at McGlinchey for a possible trade down scenario.

No way NYG takes Chubb at #2 and will most likely trade out.

He's probably looking at both, as well as EQ StBrown. McGlinchey could be there at our first pick in 2nd round as that is range they are grading him. He got lit up by Georgias speed is his only bad tape.

2 hours ago, Dilger85 said:

I watched all of their games as well.  The issue was Wimbush couldn't throw accurately.  By about the third game of the season, defenses were scheming to put 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run.  NFL lines can't run on those fronts so yeah you are being a little hard on them.  Against LSU and Michigan St, they averaged over 4.5 yards a carry.  There flat out was not many times that they needed yards and ran it behind Nelson and McGlinchey that they didn't get what they needed.  Stanford and Miami held them in check, but the only game that the running game was completely shut down was Georgia and they played in the NC game so they did that to a lot of teams.

Yeah I know teams were over loading the box. It was just frustrating when the lights shown brightest it didn’t happen. I just think Nelson is already being fitted for his jacket and I think it’s a bit rushed. I will be happy if we land him but I’m not going to assume he is going to instantly turn our OL around himself. Thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

He's probably looking at both, as well as EQ StBrown. McGlinchey could be there at our first pick in 2nd round as that is range they are grading him. He got lit up by Georgias speed is his only bad tape.

Canes speed rushers did a number on McGlinchey as well.  True freshman Jonathan Garvin blew by him for a strip sack. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21382569

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I know teams were over loading the box. It was just frustrating when the lights shown brightest it didn’t happen. I just think Nelson is already being fitted for his jacket and I think it’s a bit rushed. I will be happy if we land him but I’m not going to assume he is going to instantly turn our OL around himself. Thanks for your input!

The hype is large but his floor is high too. He will not single handedly make the line unstoppable but he is a plug and play guy. Who at worst is an above average starter.  Guys that have his measurables, technique, and demeanor do not come around often which is why the expectations are high. But yes he hasn’t proven anything at the NFL level yet. 

44 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Canes speed rushers did a number on McGlinchey as well.  True freshman Jonathan Garvin blew by him for a strip sack. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21382569

Looks like he got fooled by the LB rushing to the inside of Garvin and hesitated against him.  I don't think his attention was totally focused on Garvin the whole time.