Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

16-23 L to Ravens

Rackeen305

1 minute ago, Everyone said:

Right now they're guaranteed at least 3rd pick, if Colts lose next week and the Giants win one of their final games then the Colts get the 2nd pick.

That’s what I heard too.  Even if the Colts win next week it won’t really hurt them that much either.  They should be able to get whomever they want at 3.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s what I heard too.  Even if the Colts win next week it won’t really hurt them that much either.  They should be able to get whomever they want at 3.

But a win next week will cost the Colts spots in the subsequent rounds as the order reverses . Could be as many as 4 spots in round 2.

35 minutes ago, dw49 said:

But a win next week will cost the Colts spots in the subsequent rounds as the order reverses . Could be as many as 4 spots in round 2.

You mean, if we end up tied with other teams? I thought that they would have to also have identical SOS and not have played us...

Normally the order doesn't reverse unless there is a coin flip scenario... I think

42 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

It turned out to be a very entertaining game. The Colts actually played pretty good.

But I don't mind this loss one bit.

Exactly how I feel. I was kind of hoping the Colts would play hard until the end, then lose to a last second field goal. That way, you can see positives for next year and still get a great draft pick. But I really did not want to see a blow out.

9 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

Exactly how I feel. I was kind of hoping the Colts would play hard until the end, then lose to a last second field goal. That way, you can see positives for next year and still get a great draft pick. But I really did not want to see a blow out.

i though we played to win, a good hard fought game even if we lost, we were in it the whole time, could be a turning point for this team

34 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I really don't see the Colts losing to the Texans.  Best bet is to hope Giants win their last two. 

Yup. Get ready for it now. Pagano is going to do what he does best. Play a crappy team in the season finale and get the Colts all pumped up. They're going to play their buts off and celebrate beating a 4 win Texans team like they just won the Super Bowl. You're going to see the most tearful post game speech of his career where he talks about how the team just kept fighting all season long despite the adversity.

I can't wait.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yup. Get ready for it now. Pagano is going to do what he does best. Play a crappy team in the season finale and get the Colts all pumped up. They're going to play their buts off and celebrate beating a 4 win Texans team like they just won the Super Bowl. You're going to see the most tearful post game speech of his career where he talks about how the team just kept fighting all season long despite the adversity.

I can't wait.

Who cares? Pagano is gone, and I'm not going to listen to him any more. I've already moved on.

1 minute ago, indyagent17 said:

Like I have been saying, Competitive game but lose. 

I really want to see how Ballard picks with a top 3-7 every round and then a few key FA 

i'm intrigued too. I think he'll do just fine. He could only do so much with what he had. But I honestly believe we have some nice pieces to build on.

Is anyone shocked that they had a chance in the 4th and blew it?

I've got a prediction about next week... they'll keep it close, maybe take a lead and blow it late. It's only happened like 10 times this year.

This team is good at losing. Minus 88 points in the 4th. That takes commitment.

48 minutes ago, ColtStrong said:

Who cares? Pagano is gone, and I'm not going to listen to him any more. I've already moved on.

I'm just saying be prepared for one more big dose of his Pagano'isms. And this one is going to be the mother of all of them. He's going to talk about Chopping would, iron sharpens iron like man sharpens man, and fighting one more time. Just brace yourself lol. He's going to go out in a blaze of glory.

27 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm just saying be prepared for one more big dose of his Pagano'isms. And this one is going to be the mother of all of them. He's going to talk about Chopping would, iron sharpens iron like man sharpens man, and fighting one more time. Just brace yourself lol. He's going to go out in a blaze of glory.

No one is required to listen to it. I haven't heard a Pagano-ism in ages because I stopped listening to post game nonsense. Or for that matter, even pregame stuff. I watch the Colts play, hope they win, then move on with my life.........

No one wants to point out the fact AV missed two field goals. The first one Haeg and Doyle missed their assignments. The second from 60. If it was from 55-57 out he makes it. But instead we resort back to blaming Chuck each week. I’m not defending the guy so don’t bother to copy and paste me. Just can’t put all of the blame on this guy. We’re in position to win some of these games. We need better talent and of course Andrew Luck. 

7 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Is it? Havent really read up on it. Is there not a 95+% chance Luck is healthy and back in 2018?

The last I heard was that when he gets back he will resume throwing and if all goes well that will be that.  If it doesn’t he will require another surgery on his biceps.  Will Caroll said that should NOT end a QBs career.  The recovery is three to six months.  Check this out for more info:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21792263/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-consider-surgery-testing-arm

Even if for some reason Luck can’t go at the start of the season or heaven forbid the nightmare scenario plays out and his career is over I’d like to see what Brissett can do with a whole off-season here.  He’s no Andrew Luck but he’s better than most QBs not named Manning or Luck that the Colts have had since they moved here.  

11 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Is it? Havent really read up on it. Is there not a 95+% chance Luck is healthy and back in 2018?

Nobody knows and that in itself is a problem. Theres no certainty that hes back and theres no certainty he isnt. If he requires another surgery, all bets are off. It's a very murky situation.