Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett is terrible

azcolt

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s a question, what traits are you guys seeing that shows he has promise, because I’m just not seeing any.  Yes his receivers did not help him that’s for sure.  But the serious lack of pocket presence, can’t feel pressure, not throwing the ball away, and turning the ball over in key situations.  You have to know when the game is on the line that you can not take a sack.

I think it’s a lot to ask of someone to come in and learn a new system so quickly. But that said, the two picks in the Cardinals game and in this one did cost us two wins. I’m not sure if it’s fair to demand more from a backup QB though. 

Just now, snkdy said:

I think it’s a lot to ask of someone to come in and learn a new system so quickly. But that said, the two picks in the Cardinals game and in this one did cost us two wins. 

Yeah but his pick today was more about the Bengals defender making a heck of a play than it was Brissett making a mistake.

18 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

He hangs onto the ball long (Luck does, too). 

With this O-line and the play-calling, we can't expect much from anyone back there.  Not that I'm defending Brissett; he had a bad game.

Deductive reasoning.... If both are guilty of holding on to the ball too long, it just maybe the play calling. Even Wentz and Brady would have a thread dedicated to how bad they were if they played for the 2017 edition of the Colts.

Just now, Introspect said:

Congratulations for being a rational poster. Gotta recognize a reasonable man :thmup:

Even though I bash them I know this a dumpster fire. No need to single out a guy who's trying and playing his best in a tough situation.