Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread

Curious, what do the stats show about "freezing" the kicker?

My opinion is that you should not give the kicker 2 attempts at a field goal. Even if the first one doesn't count, he can make adjustments on the second kick.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Well its halftime so that means the game is over, right?

Did we even play our 30 yet??

Wow lol. Icing the kicker is still completely 50/50 but wow. Honestly I only believe in icing the kicker for a game winner not in the 2nd quarter

Colts score points they will surely give them back on the next defensive series.  Doesn't matter how much time is left on the clock.  smh

When you ice the kicker you CALL TIMEOUT BEFORE HE KICKS! Common freaking sense. And who ices at halftime anyway??

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6-6 at Half, poor Chuck cant do anything right. He does what every Coach does which is freeze the Kicker but when he does it Gould misses haha 

Well that's 50/50.  I've also seen him freeze a kicker and have it work earlier this season.  As much as I want Chuck gone, I'm not going to ride on him for that one. 

Terminate Pagano's contract immediately, Irsay.

How the F can't you see how incompetent he is? 

Letting them get in FG range here is inexcusable.

1 minute ago, Flash7 said:

Curious, what do the stats show about "freezing" the kicker?

My opinion is that you should not give the kicker 2 attempts at a field goal. Even if the first one doesn't count, he can make adjustments on the second kick.

This is why I have always disagreed with the people that say that the rule should be changed to prevent icing the kicker.  It is not an advantage either way.  It's a 50-50 crap shoot.  If the coach wants to play that game, fine.  If you're a good kicker, you just treat the first one as a practice kick.

2 minutes ago, Douzer said:

Can we take a knee without a penalty?

The question is:  Can we take a knee without giving up points?

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

I think we played about 8 of it.

This team is just sad to watch. I'm not being all doomy either.

Just ugly football, ugly everything about it sometimes.

I wonder if once in my life I will see this defense stop/get the opposing offense off the field in final minutes before halftime.

I got it !!!!!!!!....I got it !!!!!!!!!...Dump entire coaching staff and 85-90 percent of the present roster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Well that's 50/50.  I've also seen him freeze a kicker and have it work earlier this season.  As much as I want Chuck gone, I'm not going to ride on him for that one. 

I actually was defending Chuck for the freeze because every Coach does it. I was just mocking the fact it backfired out of sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

6-6...So was that our one good half or bad half of football? :thinking:

haha Well historically they start out slow in the Pagano era, but this year it has been the opposite.  Sloppy second half football so I guess we are in for a real treat!!

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts are so boring to watch without Luck but I am diehard fan so will watch anyway hoping for wins but that first Half was Toilet Bowl material.

Well at least they have somewhat of an excuse right now.  If they continue look like this when Luck first gets back (due to rust ) the no Luck excuses will ring hollow.

Just now, legend300 said:

Wish they would show Payton ceremony 

What Sean Payton ceremony ......