Colts Vs. 49ers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

It is amazing the level of play of the Colts !!!.....BUT WHAT IS EQUALLY LOW LEVEL PLAY.........This division !!!!!!!! Colts  wining ......Jags losing.........Titans losing...Texan vs Chiefs later....Interesting !

That's what I keep saying too, If we are in contention and Luck comes back anything can happen. Luck is potentially a Top 5 QB and a very valuable player. His impact is huge.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• They were probably just willing to try anything in 2022. They suddenly found themselves with a regressed OL and a fumbling statue at QB, who was a sitting duck for outside pressure. Smith wasn't doing Ryan any favors in that regard, but one way around it in-season was to try to use your best OL players in the middle to create some space in the middle for Ryan to step up and avoid outside pressure.   I think it's more about injuries than anything at this point. It's hard to imagine an OL that still has Kelly and Smith on it in a couple of years. 
    • Or if he downed a Pinter, Pryor to going over.
    • I'm also optimistic about Year 2 under Steichen. I wonder, though, what has happened to the people who were pushing for the Colts to retain Jeff Saturday. Do they still think that would have been a better course of action? 
    • Turner is the prototypical modern big man. Space the floor and protect the rim. Could he rebound better? Sure, but he spaces floor on offense which keeps him away from offensive glass and protects the rim which takes him off of the defensive glass at times. There's only so many Embiid's, Wemby's, Davis's, in the league that have the all around offensive  and defensive game.    When he was younger(not that he is old) he was more aggressive in blocking shots which led to injuries and foul trouble. I think he has toned it back a bit to try and avoid injuries and fouls, to be able to play and stay in more games. He did play in the most games(77) he's has played in since his 2nd season(81) in the league, and (16) more than last season, (30-35) more than the 2 prior seasons. So it seems to of helped in that aspect. He still isn't far off his career average though. Just a dip from league leader numbers he's had prior. He also played the fewest minutes per game he has since he was a rookie, so seems to be maybe a concerted effort to try and keep him healthy?   He has played the best he has ever played the last 2 years offensively, direct result of Haliburton, no doubt. And is just now about to turn 28 so entering his prime.   He will never be a big average per game rebounder. He will have games he can get 12-15, but more times than not will be in that 6-7 range.   I for one, still hope the team sees Myles as an integral part of the future.   Siakam is an ok rebounder, but not great, we actually have a really good rebounder on the roster, Tshiebwe, but we need more rebounding from the 1,2,3 spots.   So that seems to be our biggest need to me. We are a good team though reiand the future is bright. Definitely feels like a lost opportunity here. Feel like we should be up 3-1 even with Haliburton missing the 2 games.   Rebounding isn't Toppin's strong suit either as he likes to leak out on the fast break rather than crash boards.   When Toppin and Turner/or Siakam is out there together, there won't be much rebounding going on.   Jackson is a pretty solid rebounder, just creates spacing problems.   Smith is decent rebounder, but I think he opts out of his $5.4m contract and becomes free agent. If not, it just makes it more crowded for potential Tshiebwe minutes.           Going to be interesting to see what this team looks like next year. I think we might be in for more changes than we think, especially if we look to bring in a 3rd big name.   We have quite a few pieces to make things work though, if we want to go that route 
    • Say that at the end of the season.
  • Members

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,432

• B~Town

B~Town 311

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,649

• w87r

w87r 14,435

Moderators
    • #12.