Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Luck Update

ColtsArmy84

Per Fox's Jay Glazier:

Luck (shoulder) still isn't able to make all the throws he needs to do before participating in practice and probably will miss another 3-4 weeks, Fox's Jay Glazer reported on their Sunday pregame show.

This falls in line with other reports describing Luck's lack of progress. Be prepared to see plenty of Jacoby Brissett and Scott Tolzien over the next few weeks.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-andrew-luck-still-behind-schedule/

Yet the Colts tell us he hasnt had a setback. Could be seeing alot of JB this year.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The optimist wanted to believe he would be back by opening day but my inner voice has been saying all along that the way the organization has handled it, more than we know has happened and it feels like PM neck surgery all over. I still want to believe that he will be back by game 4-6 but again, my inner voices say he isn't going to see the field this season, especially under this online operation. Sad handling of a QB under Pagano and Grigson years. Should almost be liable in court 

Is Irsay just hoping that any week now, Luck will be able to play, just like the rest of us are doing? I don't see why Irsay doesn't say outright that Luck probably won't return until Week 6 or Week 7. We're already losing games so it can't be much of a strategy to throw off our opponents. Probably not saying anything so people don't sell their tickets until Andrew Luck makes a return.

10 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Per Fox's Jay Glazier:

Luck (shoulder) still isn't able to make all the throws he needs to do before participating in practice and probably will miss another 3-4 weeks, Fox's Jay Glazer reported on their Sunday pregame show.

This falls in line with other reports describing Luck's lack of progress. Be prepared to see plenty of Jacoby Brissett and Scott Tolzien over the next few weeks.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/colts-andrew-luck-still-behind-schedule/

Yet the Colts tell us he hasnt had a setback. Could be seeing alot of JB this year.

That is speculation, still wouldn't mean he's had a setback either, slow progression is still progression. 

Not sure why the front office is taking this approach. Why be so secretive about it. Your not fooling any of your opponents. They know exactly where Luck is at. Why not just tell us that he's weeks away and stop the charade.

By the time he comes back the season could be long gone. At that point get him ready for 2018.

No real evidence behind the information so I tend to ignore "reports" like these. 

All we can do is wait until we see him in practice and only then can we put some science behind when his return could be, and even then it is guess work.

Until then, I feel much better about the team under JB than Tolzein and so will take that as a positive and see what happens with Luck. 

One thing is for sure, I don't want him rushed back.

1 minute ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Not sure why the front office is taking this approach. Why be so secretive about it. Your not fooling any of your opponents. They know exactly where Luck is at. Why not just tell us that he's weeks away and stop the charade.

To keep people from selling off their tickets and not attending games is my thought. People want to see Andrew Luck.

Pagano could very likely rule him out of the Browns game as early as today. That was the game i wanted to come too. Im hoping Luck is back for the jags game so I can make it to a game this year. I will not come to see Tolzien and Im a die hard fan.

I think Jacoby will get better as the weeks go on. I still cant stomach yesterdays giveaway.

If this report is true I still don't think he has had a setback. I think the Colts are still doing the right thing and looking long term. This is something you simply do not want to rush and I think Andrew will even appreciate this more knowing the Colts is doing best by him. I'll say this. Newton had surgery on his shoulder, not as severe but I think they rushed him back a little bit too soon. There are some that say watching him he does not look right.  As much as I want to see Luck it's the best thing is to make sure he is 100%

18 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Per Fox's Jay Glazier:

Which makes more of a blunder not acquiring a decent veteran backup QB in the offseason knowing you have a injury prone qb to begin with coming off of shoulder surgery on his throwing arm.

Stupid!

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Which makes more of a blunder not acquiring a decent veteran backup QB in the offseason knowing you have a injury prone qb to begin with coming off of shoulder surgery on his throwing arm.

Stupid!

Like who? Who would have made a difference last week? 

18 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

By the time he comes back the season could be long gone. At that point get him ready for 2018.

My take?

The Colts are have such a clean, wholesome image that they never want to be the team with crazy PR and bad reports building up around them to maintain the image that their just this perfect organization. Irsay is big on PR.

Remember that Pagano kept saying last year that Luck just had had a "sore shoulder". Actually that goes back to 2015. The only injury they were specific on was the lacerated kidney and abdominal muscle tear. Anything with his shoulder they're secretive about. Most will probably say it's just for competitive advantage but the Colts are the only team that seem to be that secretive about their QB.

I think Luck's shoulder injury is far worse than we were ever lead on to believe. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rotator cuff or maybe even the subluxation people were talking about. 

Again, that's all speculation on my part, but that's what I feel.

well based on what's going on with Cam Newton and the beating he's taking, as well as struggling. Maybe the Colts are doing the right thing right now.

Irsay has said repeatedly they're looking at the future and is willing to have a couple down seasons in order to be a championship contender. This could be one of those seasons so he's not going to rush Luck back just to get a few wins now but hurt him more long term.

As much as it sucks in the present, I totally get it. Plus with the complete roster overhaul and starting 3 rookies in the secondary(who all 3 are showing promise and making plays already).

6 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

well based on what's going on with Cam Newton and the beating he's taking, as well as struggling. Maybe the Colts are doing the right thing right now.

Irsay has said repeatedly they're looking at the future and is willing to have a couple down seasons in order to be a championship contender. This could be one of those seasons so he's not going to rush Luck back just to get a few wins now but hurt him more long term.

As much as it sucks in the present, I totally get it. Plus with the complete roster overhaul and starting 3 rookies in the secondary(who all 3 are showing promise and making plays already).

If that's really the reason, that would be the best thing Irsay has done since firing Ballard. Let the Colts re-build slowly. Fix your OL first.

The cloak and dagger secrecy of this staff is my biggest problem.  You can't trust a word they say....  OK, so the next team knows Luck isn't going to play against them, the other 53 players are going to play.  The games and outright LIES that Pagano and unfortunately CB continue to play are a middle finger to the fans and the rest of the Colts.  It is like they are saying that the rest can't win without Luck, even if it is true, you should treat the other players better.   :angry:

I think Irsay and the Colts all though Luck would be back to start the season and his slow progress has caught them all off guard. There is no exact science when dealing with injuries like this one. So while Luck may not have had any setbacks, he's just progressing slower than any one had imagined.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Who is screaming for his premature return?

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

What forum are you on?

Not sure if fans want to see Luck's premature return, or if fans just feel that Irsay, Ballard, or anyone of the coaches owe it to the fanbase to be more specific about Luck's rehab & the timetable on his return...

1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

Just wondering why Josh Freeman was ushered out the door so fast?

Back when we had him on the roster I specifically said that I didn't want him to be the backup and thought we could do better.  

I changed my mind the moment they signed Scott Tolzien.  

3 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Not sure if fans want to see Luck's premature return, or if fans just feel that Irsay, Ballard, or anyone if the coaches owe it to the fanbase to be more specific about Luck's rehab & the timetable on his return...

More specific.  As I complained about before, whenever there is an injury to the starting QB, the team is ultra secretive.  We don't even hear the lame "week to week" or "day to day" things.  Pagano said he hasn't even seen Luck throw.  

36 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

If that's really the reason, that would be the best thing Irsay has done since firing Ballard. Let the Colts re-build slowly. Fix your OL first.

37 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

i concur, the o-line needs a lt who can handle speed rushers, guards who can pull and a right tackle, center seems to be ok, why get luck hurt again? fix the o-line first

51 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Like who? Who would have made a difference last week? 

I'm sure there was someone better somewhere than Tolzein/Morris backing up the most important position in sports.

Maybe someone who actually won a game before in the NFL, maybe someone who has more than like 2 games of experience? Venturi said Tolzein doesn't have a professional skill set!

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Is Irsay just hoping that any week now, Luck will be able to play, just like the rest of us are doing? I don't see why Irsay doesn't say outright that Luck probably won't return until Week 6 or Week 7. We're already losing games so it can't be much of a strategy to throw off our opponents. Probably not saying anything so people don't sell their tickets until Andrew Luck makes a return.

Your last sentence is the answer. Why would Irsay tell fans? Huge revenue streams are related to fans attending games and as it is most fans haven't written off the season. But if we are told the guy won't be back for at least another month, the season is for sure over.

1 hour ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Per Fox's Jay Glazier:

The Colts will never admit the truth when it revolves around the starting QB, especially when it's the beginning of a new season. That would be bad business. There are already empty seats as it is.   Like i have been saying i wont be surprised if he sits the entire season. 

11 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Your last sentence is the answer. Why would Irsay tell fans? Huge revenue streams are related to fans attending games and as it is most fans haven't written off the season. But if we are told the guy won't be back for at least another month, the season is for sure over.

Bingo. Exactly right.  That's why Irsay in January went out of his way to try and describe Lucks procedure as minor as can be. Making sure he emphasized it was "outpatient surgery" as if somehow that makes it not as bad. Then he followed it up by saying Luck would be ready for the season.  But then again, over the winter there were quite a few season tickets that were still up for sale. So it makes sense.

Just as important as Luck's return is the need for consistent OL line play in both run and pass blocking. They were very good in the 1st half, then the wheels kind of fell off in the second half. If the necessary pieces for a good O-line are not now on the roster, the Colts need to spend the coming off-season to do whatever it takes to get them. They will never be a serious contender without a good line no matter who the QB is.

7 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

If he's still not healthy by this point then Jim Irsay just needs to place him on IR. Stop playing with the fans. It's not like the Colts were SB contenders anyway.

So you're saying that if he's completely healthy and ready to play (which is what they've told us from day 1 as to when he'll play) you want him to go on IR?