21 minutes ago, King Colt said:

For the Colts:

ESPN-18th

Business Insider-25th

Sports Illustrated-25th

NFL.com-27th

Bleacher Report-32nd

Interesting why one is 18 while another is 32

One says 32 because it is Bleacher Report who is barely credible.  They just want people to click on their site.

19 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

32nd is ridiculous.  I get that we are a much worse team without Andrew but is our roster worse than the Jets? The Bills?  No way.

Without Andrew, I would say 25/26 is about right.  He makes such a difference to our team.

Keep in mind those are for week one only.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

For the Colts:

ESPN-18th

Business Insider-25th

Sports Illustrated-25th

NFL.com-27th

Bleacher Report-32nd

Interesting why one is 18 while another is 32

It's the Andrew Luck factor. With him, we can beat any team in the NFL on any given Sunday. Without him, we will struggle against every team in the NFL. 

Also, the roster turnover is significant. It will take some time for these players to gel. 

The opening day 2017 Indianapolis Colts will be a much different team come week 10 and 11. 

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

It's the Andrew Luck factor. With him, we can beat any team in the NFL on any given Sunday. Without him, we will struggle against every team in the NFL. 

Also, the roster turnover is significant. It will take some time for these players to gel. 

The opening day 2017 Indianapolis Colts will be a much different team come week 10 and 11. 

These guys must think Andrew will miss the season with those crap rankings. I have us somewhere around 12-15 in reality looking at the big picture. Our Defense will be better than last season, we now have Mack, and Andrew will be playing by Week 3. Have they even looked at our schedule as well? We will be 3-2 after week 5 IMO.

With a healthy Luck I'd say we're still only between 19-24. I think the Colts are probably the 3rd best team in the AFC south. The O-line will struggle again, and the D is still suspect. Throw in a couple of injuries and the Colts aren't threatening. I think 9-7 is achievable.

We need to give Ballard time to see if his plan of action for 2017 works out.  Like I said we should be good at linebacker and D line. The running game could be improved with Gore, Turpin and Mack (Assuming, and I mean a BIG assumption is that our line will improve this year) But who knows. 

O Line and the secondary are two scariest parts of our team now (of course not counting Luck is out)

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

These guys must think Andrew will miss the season with those crap rankings.

No, those rankings are based on Week 1, so how many games Luck misses does not matter in the least as far as these rankings are concerned.

I have us somewhere around 12-15 in reality looking at the big picture.

That is absolutely meaningless to this discussion.  They're ranking based on where teams are heading into week 1.  They're not looking at the big picture. 

Our Defense will be better than last season, we now have Mack, and Andrew will be playing by Week 3. Have they even looked at our schedule as well? We will be 3-2 after week 5 IMO.

Have you even looked to see what exactly they're ranking?  Where we are in 2-3 weeks and when Andrew Luck will be playing have absolutely ZERO bearings on these rankings.

There are some playmakers on this team, even without Luck. 

Hankins, Hooker, Woods,TY, Mack,etc.

I wonder if the players read this stuff and if so, does it motivate them to prove people wrong?

If Tolzien / Brissett can play well enough (just manage the game until Luck returns) and the run game and defense improve, we could be.500 or better when Andrew gets back.

It's going to come down to the play in the trenches and making plays elsewhere. We shall see. 

But Power rankings are a joke!

49 minutes ago, J@son said:

No, those rankings are based on Week 1, so how many games Luck misses does not matter in the least as far as these rankings are concerned.

That is absolutely meaningless to this discussion.  They're ranking based on where teams are heading into week 1.  They're not looking at the big picture. 

Have you even looked to see what exactly they're ranking?  Where we are in 2-3 weeks and when Andrew Luck will be playing have absolutely ZERO bearings on these rankings.

Could be, but anyone that ranks us 32nd is a crap ranking. I guess maybe Andrew is that Great afterall :thmup:

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is your Favorite Friday the 13th movie. I think Part 3 in 3D is the best actually, the Mask and Chris was a hotty so was Debbie. The Killings in that movie were unreal too, Arrow Shot and Ricks Eye balls lmao 

Actually part 3 was my favorite too :D

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

You guys are forgetting the porous defense and a still questionable OL.

This "porous defense" has multiple new starters who held 1st/2nd string opponents to only 13 points over the span of 3 preseason games.  Over half the defense will consist of new starters and we haven't seen them in live action, so do we really know how porous this defense is going to be? 

But never last this week or any week.

lol wut?  That's not a sentence.

3 hours ago, J@son said:

This "porous defense" has multiple new starters who held 1st/2nd string opponents to only 13 points over the span of 3 preseason games.  Over half the defense will consist of new starters and we haven't seen them in live action, so do we really know how porous this defense is going to be? 

lol wut?  That's not a sentence.

span of 3 preseason games.............I rest my case