Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts official UDFA signing list

TKnight24

Bug has a unique skill set.  I'm surprised he went undrafted.  Sickels from PSU may also surprise people.

Can't say I know much about most of the others.  I know Trey didn't exactly have an illustrious college career but he's supposed to be a great athlete.

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

extracted from the other UDFA thread where this was previously posted ...

Links to the draft profiles of the UDFAs signed that were on Gil Brant's list of top UDFAs and had links (there were a couple names that had no links :

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/trey-griffey?id=2558036

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/bug-howard?id=2558291

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jerome-lane?id=2558120

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/darrell-daniels?id=2558253

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jerry-ugokwe?id=2557921

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/garrett-sickels?id=2558147

Bond G, Daniels TE, Sickels LB, and Ugokwe OL, have read some somewhat encouraging things about (especially Bond and Sickels ). Not much on the rest.......But time will tell.......GO COLTS !!!!!

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Bug has a unique skill set.  I'm surprised he went undrafted.  Sickels from PSU may also surprise people.

Can't say I know much about most of the others.  I know Trey didn't exactly have an illustrious college career but he's supposed to be a great athlete.

What is this unique skill set? 

I'd try to make him a TE receiver. Try to line him up on linebackers to give him more separation...idk 

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

What is this unique skill set? 

I'd try to make him a TE receiver. Try to line him up on linebackers to give him more separation...idk 

His size made him the endzone go to guy at NC.  I think I read they talked about making him a TE, but I'm not sure about his blocking.  They can't all be Swoopes.

If I'm not mistaken, he led NC in TD receptions.  Watch some tape, he has a great wingspan and pretty good hands.  Speed is okay, not a blazer.  Dark horse to make the team, but maybe a PS guy?

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

His size made him the endzone go to guy at NC.  I think I read they talked about making him a TE, but I'm not sure about his blocking.  They can't all be Swoopes.

If I'm not mistaken, he led NC in TD receptions.  Watch some tape, he has a great wingspan and pretty good hands.  Speed is okay, not a blazer.  Dark horse to make the team, but maybe a PS guy?

I did watch tape. Good thing: He seems to find the spots in the zone defense to hang around in and farm catches. Bad thing: Man to Man he kind of is poor at beating his guy straight up. The Pats would love him lol

Hopefully Chud can make him NFL ready, assuming he makes the roster 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hopefully he has more luck here in Indy then he's had in KC and CHI.....those teams always struggle to find adequate pass catchers.

6 or 7 years ago the Bears had the best WR corp in football. Maybe Ballard wasn't there then.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hopefully he has more luck here in Indy then he's had in KC and CHI.....those teams always struggle to find adequate pass catchers.

Alex Smith hates receivers

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Garrett Sickels looks like Henry Anderson on the field. Several of these 18 UDFAs could make the team. Ballard and the scouts have done a great job, IMO.

One UDFA has pretty much made the team.

Thomas Hennessey,  the Long Snapper.      He was a 4-year starting LS for Duke and played at a very high level.

With the cast-off of our 5 year starter at LS and his recently signed back-up,   I'd say that puts Hennessey in the driver's seat for the job....

3 hours ago, thatonefan said:

6 or 7 years ago the Bears had the best WR corp in football. Maybe Ballard wasn't there then.

Ballard was with them from like 2001-2012 so maybe he finally got it right before he left lol. It was just a joke but I'm pretty sure for most of those years the Bears haven't been tops of the league in the receiving game most those years but I was mostly joking.

Asked what he wants from draftees/prospects, Ballard said a unique skill set - a player who brings something the team doesn't have. That explains Crossan and the big WRs.  Based on the film and the need for such a skill set, I would think Crossan has an excellent chance, especially if he shows something in the return game.  

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here is Crossan's NFL bio projection....

It doesn't give that much reason to be very optimistic....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/dalton-crossan?id=2558798

I read that earlier and it's not what I've seen on tape (when they talk about his weaknesses).  Admittedly, he's going against lesser competition, but he sure looked shifty and quick from what I saw.

He ran a 4.46 at his pro day, which would have put him 4th at the combine.  Decent size too. 

Not that any of that means anything until he plays against some pro players...

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I read that earlier and it's not what I've seen on tape (when they talk about his weaknesses).  Admittedly, he's going against lesser competition, but he sure looked shifty and quick from what I saw.

He ran a 4.46 at his pro day, which would have put him 4th at the combine.  Decent size too. 

Not that any of that means anything until he plays against some pro players...

You may be right.....   after all,  Ballard DID single him out with a few others when asked about the best UDFA, so perhaps his chances are better than the write-up would suggest......

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Majin Vegeta said:

He's a discount version of McCafrey

I can't really get with Crossan yet. Seems like a regular dude to me, but I will wait until I see him in the blue and white.

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

I can't really get with Crossan yet. Seems like a regular dude to me, but I will wait until I see him in the blue and white.

Check him out in the receiving game, Krunk.  Return game looks good, too.  

While watching his receiving skills, I remembered all the balls bouncing off Frank's chest over the past two years.  I think he could help.

11 hours ago, krunk said:

Yeah I feel ya. It would be crazy if he beat out Mack in camp though. I hope atleast one proves to be a decent player. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

He seems hyped. 

He's tweeted soo much more than that too lol. He's wayy hyped. Hope he balls out in camp.