Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I never thought there would be this many receivers and tight ends draft at this point but i'm totally fine as it drops guys like Wilson. I wasn't going to be upset if the Colts went offense in either of the first two rounds but it's good to see two defensive players taken. Hopefully Wilson can contribute right away. If he can it should be a big help to Vontae.

Don't know much about Wilson but if he and Hooker play to the hype plus if Hankins and the other pick ups play even average I think we just moved from 30th in D to top 15. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Don't know much about Wilson but if he and Hooker play to the hype plus if Hankins and the other pick ups play even average I think we just moved from 30th in D to top 15. 

I'll cross my fingers that Green becomes a Tight End coverage machine also :)

Hankins, Simon, Sheard, Hooker, and Wilson + Vontae looks much better than last season already - all young guys. Glad Butler is back too. Still a ways to go. I bet Ballard goes after a Pass Rusher next? If we took a RB next though I wouldn't be too upset, if Foreman or Hunt is the pick. Our O.Line still needs help but I think Kelly will be much better anyway.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Come on really? This again?

Whats not to like about Ozzies draft.  We would have a CB Opposite VD from day one and the quality edge to fill our two biggest needs.. Maybe we can get an EDGE to back up Sheard in the 3rd and maybe Balt will find a FS in the third.    I don't know if there will be an EDGE in the third that has quickness, bend, and ability to stop the run.  Not sure if there will be a FS in the third that can run fast to where the QB throws the ball. 

Just now, csmopar said:

That becoming true would be music to my ears !...........GO COLTS !!!!!!!!!!

I like the Wilson pick and I actually picked him with my 2B selection in Dr. T's draft, but I have a question for those in the know.  With Awuzie still available I was thinking he would go before Wilson, but is the fact that he's still out there because he is considered more of a slot CB than an outside CB?  Or do people just think Wilson is better?  Just wondering.  For the record I would have been pleased with either.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Whats not to like about Ozzies draft.  We would have a CB Opposite VD from day one and the quality edge to fill our two biggest needs.. Maybe we can get an EDGE to back up Sheard in the 3rd and maybe Balt will find a FS in the third.    I don't know if there will be an EDGE in the third that has quickness, bend, and ability to stop the run.  Not sure if there will be a FS in the third that can run fast to where the QB throws the ball. 

I like Ozzie's Draft but what is not to like about our Draft was my point to my Post. You just immediately poo poo'd our pick and was praising Ozzie's. I personally like our Picks better. Wilson looks like he will be a Good player.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Ozzie's Draft but what is not to like about our Draft was my point to my Post. You just immediately poo poo'd our pick and was praising Ozzie's. I personally like our Picks better. Wilson looks like he will be a Good player.

I like ours too.  I like Ozzies better.  But thats okay, Ozzies one of the best.

I hope we can get an edge in the 3rd that can be more than just a situational speed rusher.  I don't know if Baltimore will be looking for a FS that can do more than run fast to where the QB throws the ball.  But if thats all they want in a FS, they should be able to find one in the third. 

Hey, Grigson got Henry Anderson in the third, so maybe we can get a gem edge in the thrid.

18 minutes ago, CopenhagenColt said:

There are still lots of good LB's available for the 3rd round.Lawson, Cunningham, Willis, Williamson, McMilan, Anzalone, Beckwith and many others still not picked.

Also some solid DT/DE options still around.

Lets get some defence this year.

I think Cunningham and Willis will be gone soon. Surprised they are still there, especially the lattter.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

I like ours too.  I like Ozzies better.  But thats okay, Ozzies one of the best.

I hope we can get an edge in the 3rd that can be more than just a situational speed rusher.  I don't know if Baltimore will be looking for a FS that can do more than run fast to where the QB the ball.  But if thats all they want in a FS, they should be able to find one in the third. 

Fair enough. I like both actually. It's like splitting hairs between the 2. I am glad we went Corner tonight. I now hope we go Pass Rush.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough. I like both actually. It's like splitting hairs between the 2. I am glad we went Corner tonight. I now hope we go Pass Rush.

Me too.  Grigson got Henry Anderson in the 3rd, so hopefully Ballard can do as well and get a similar quality edge player in the 3rd.