Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I wouldn't mind doubling up on CB and taking another in the 3rd.  I think Rivers and Willis will be gone by then but good CBs capable of the #3 spot should still be there.   We still have nobody behind VD and Quincy Wilson, unless you want to count Butler.

Rashan Melvin IMO will be a good backup to both. And now, there's a semi-logjam at safety.

Hooker, Green, Geathers, Butler. Gonna be hard getting them all on the field at the same time.

I wouldn't mind doubling up on CB and taking another in the 3rd.  I think Rivers and Willis will be gone by then but good CBs capable of the #3 spot should still be there.   We still have nobody behind VD and Quincy Wilson, unless you want to count Butler.

Cordea Tankersly would be fine in the 3rd I guess, good at press coverage, but can be beaten if he doesn't execute good technique jamming receiver.  I can't see the Colts passing on one of the edge rushers if they are still there.  We really don't have anyone special backing up Simon and Sheard other than Mingo and Ayers.  At least we have Melvin AND Butler if Davis or Wilson go down.

4 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Rashan Melvin IMO will be a good backup to both. And now, there's a semi-logjam at safety.

Hooker, Green, Geathers, Butler. Gonna be hard getting them all on the field at the same time.

Melvin is a solid #4.  If we can get a true young nickel in the 3rd that would make a nice CB corps.

Willis and Rivers are the only two players left I like at edge.  I think of Basham as more of a SAM.  Anybody else is just going to be a rotational situational guy, IMO.

Trading a 4th and our 3rd to move up to take Willis or Rivers would be bold.

1 minute ago, rock8591 said:

I would imagine that in Nickel you will see Butler and Hooker at safety and Geathers at LB. Its on Green to show he belonhs on the field in some situations.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Melvin is a solid #4.  If we can get a true young nickel in the 3rd that would make a nice CB corps.

Willis and Rivers are the only two players left I like at edge.  I think of Basham as more of a SAM.  Anybody else is just going to be a rotational situational guy, IMO.

I like Willis and Rivers as well.  If Tim Williams character concerns checked out, he is a natural pass rusher.  Needs to add some weight as well.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Trading a 4th and our 3rd to move up to take Willis or Rivers would be bold.

We're all missing the obvious solution. Just sign back Mario Harvey to play CB and he'll own just like the 2013 Chargers game.

Just now, bertjones7 said:

I like Willis and Rivers as well.  If Tim Williams character concerns checked out, he is a natural pass rusher.  Needs to add some weight as well.

The problem is that he's failed 7 drug tests, according to reports.  He can't quit.  Its a real problem, so I'd rather have a less talented but reliable OLB.  I'd like a solid nickel CB over Williams.

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I've said it before, I think we go CB round 2 and 3.

Well I think there are too many pass rushers available in the 3rd now. But might be a run on them here. I think we may go Foreman at RB if Williams is gone.

Jourdan Lewis would give us potential for a top 5 secondary. He is NFL ready in the slot!

The problem is that he's failed 7 drug tests, according to reports.  He can't quit.  Its a real problem, so I'd rather have a less talented but reliable OLB.  I'd like a solid nickel CB over Williams.

Don't disagree that is why I said "if" his character checks out and colts brass are comfortable with it.

Just now, csmopar said:

Still seems like the 49ers are stacking up draft pick after draft pick and still getting their guy

Also it's gonna be a mid-late second for a very very early 3rd, in a deep draft.

If anything, New Orleans fleeced San Francisco.