Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Site/Simulated Mock Draft Thread

I propose we try to keep all the computerized mock drafts from draft websites confined to one thread. 

They are never realistic and every year just clutter up the forum causing good info along with well thought out mock drafts to get lost in the among the garbage.

Anyway the Mods could pin this thread and send all computerized mocks here would be great and much appreciated. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a start... draft by Matt Millers board:

1: R1P15
EDGE DEREK BARNETT
TENNESSEE
2: R2P14
CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE
LSU
3: R3P16
LB ALEX ANZALONE
FLORIDA
4: R4P15
RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO
5: R4P38
EDGE DEREK RIVERS
YOUNGSTOWN STATE
6: R5P14
LB DUKE RILEY
LSU
7: R6P16
DL TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

15: R1P15

EDGE CHARLES HARRIS
MISSOURI
46: R2P14

LB ANTHONY WALKER
NORTHWESTERN
80: R3P16

OT TAYLOR MOTON
WESTERN MICHIGAN
120: R4P15

RB ELIJAH MCGUIRE
UL LAFAYETTE
143: R4P38

EDGE TYUS BOWSER
HOUSTON
159: R5P14

S TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO
201: R6P16

DL JOSH TUPOU
COLORADO

• 3 weeks later...

Used CBS' big board. Of course it's not entirely realistic (Wilson and Hunt aren't dropping that far), but I'd be stoked with it.

EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD

LB JARRAD DAVIS
FLORIDA

CB QUINCY WILSON
FLORIDA

RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO

CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON
COLORADO

EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS
LOUISVILLE

S XAVIER WOODS
LOUISIANA TECH

11 hours ago, Shive said:

Used CBS' big board. Of course it's not entirely realistic (Wilson and Hunt aren't dropping that far), but I'd be stoked with it.

I think Hunt could  fall that far.  I really like the kid and think he could go as high as mid-3rd.  But pretty much every major site has him listed in the 100-115 range last I recall.  Falling a further 5 spots to us isn't inconceivable.

One of my best mock drafts yet:

LB REUBEN FOSTER
ALABAMA
EDGE TIM WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO
CB CAMERON SUTTON
TENNESSEE
DL LARRY OGUNJOBI
CHARLOTTE
EDGE DEATRICH WISE JR.
ARKANSAS
WR ARDARIUS STEWART
ALABAMA

I think I killed it. I'm ready to be hired by the Colts! :P

17 minutes ago, stitches said:

LB REUBEN FOSTER
ALABAMA
EDGE TIM WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO
CB CAMERON SUTTON
TENNESSEE
DL LARRY OGUNJOBI
CHARLOTTE
EDGE DEATRICH WISE JR.
ARKANSAS
WR ARDARIUS STEWART
ALABAMA

That top 3 is just silly awesome. We can wish right?

1 hour ago, stitches said:

LB REUBEN FOSTER
ALABAMA
EDGE TIM WILLIAMS
ALABAMA
RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO
CB CAMERON SUTTON
TENNESSEE
DL LARRY OGUNJOBI
CHARLOTTE
EDGE DEATRICH WISE JR.
ARKANSAS
WR ARDARIUS STEWART
ALABAMA

Oh if we could have this draft...

I drafted based off who had the coolest name and our needs(except for KD Cannon, but his name is so cool I couldn't pass on him). 

Also, sign WR Speedy Noils as an UFA

EDGE TACO CHARLTON
MICHIGAN

OBI MELIFONWU
CONNECTICUT

CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE
COLORADO

EDGE TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

WR KD CANNON
BAYLOR

LB PETER KALAMBAYI
STANFORD

DL STEVIE TU'IKOLOVATU
USC

On 1/29/2017 at 9:03 AM, stitches said:

Here's a start... draft by Matt Millers board:

1: R1P15
EDGE DEREK BARNETT
TENNESSEE
CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE
LSU
3: R3P16
LB ALEX ANZALONE
FLORIDA
4: R4P15
RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO
5: R4P38
EDGE DEREK RIVERS
YOUNGSTOWN STATE
6: R5P14
LB DUKE RILEY
LSU
7: R6P16
DL TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

Love Rivers in the 5th... Didn't play against great competition, but he's going to be a good pro, in my view. 

On 2/23/2017 at 7:41 AM, James Ducheteau said:

If you want to have serious fun with the site, run it as the browns, but draft as if your the colts.....the results are wicked fun...it's unreal how much the browns picks would change our team.

LOL yeah. Here is my list of picks.

6 potential pro bowlers:

Capture.jpg

On 2/22/2017 at 1:24 AM, Shive said:

EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD

LB JARRAD DAVIS
FLORIDA

CB QUINCY WILSON
FLORIDA

RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO

CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON
COLORADO

EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS
LOUISVILLE

S XAVIER WOODS
LOUISIANA TECH

Uhhhhh.........that would be a dream draft.

On 2/23/2017 at 0:31 PM, James Ducheteau said:

EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD

LB RAEKWON MCMILLAN
OHIO STATE

CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA

DL JARRON JONES
NOTRE DAME

RB WAYNE GALLMAN
CLEMSON

EDGE TYUS BOWSER
HOUSTON

CB BRENDAN LANGLEY
LAMAR

I like this too!

2 hours ago, stitches said:

With the hype he's getting lately I doubt he lasts past day 2, though.

Very true...

I wonder how many scouts got out to see him in person. His tape is hard to judge because the competition level is low and the film itself is often grainy or from bad angles. It's pretty evident that he was unblockable in some of those games, though. A very intriguing prospect, but maybe too big a risk in the first 3 rounds. I'd be very happy to land him with a 5th, though. 

The stuff dreams are made of......seriously dreams, because this could never happen. But what if it did....

CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE

LB JARRAD DAVIS
FLORIDA
79: R3P15

EDGE RYAN ANDERSON
ALABAMA
122: R4P15

RB KAREEM HUNT
TOLEDO
144: R4P37

DL JALEEL JOHNSON
IOWA
158: R5P14

S JOHN JOHNSON
BOSTON COLLEGE
199: R6P15

EDGE KEIONTA DAVIS
CHATTANOOGA

• 2 weeks later...

I may as well join the club in doing a mock.  I used Fanspeak's On the Clock for these.  I did 3 mocks total.  1st one is based on what Fanspeak thinks our "needs" are.  The 2nd was based on "user chosen needs".  The final I used my own choices.  These mocks have no trades and are not based on who we may sign in future.  Not sure how realistic they are but...they are what they are.  Here goes:

1st mock (Based on what FS thought our needs were):

1 (15) - CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio St.

NO CHANCE he is there at 15 but for some reason FS had him here so had to grab him.  No reasoning needed LOL.

2 (46) - S Obi Melifonwu, UCONN

I like him and I have seen him rated as high as 30th but also as low as 55.  I think he greatly improves our safety situation. His stellar combine will probably guarantee he will be gone when our pick comes though.  Big, fast ballhawk who could have a high ceiling with time.

3 (79) - G Dorian Johnson, Pitt

May be too high for an interior lineman considering our other needs but with what was out there for Edge & LB, I thought this was the best value in this mock.  I think he would slide right in at guard opposite Jack Mewhort and give us a solid 3 pack inside with RK.  The more I see him on tape and read more reports on him, the higher I am on him.

4 (121) - Edge/DE Derek Rivers, Youngstown St.

Not a star by any means but does have the talent and attributes to come in and be a solid backup for a bit.  A bit of a project possibly.

4 (137) - Edge/DE Duwane Smoot, Illinois

Another edge rusher with potential and a high motor.  I actually thought about taking him with the previous pick in the 4th so I was pleasantly surprised when he was there for this pick.  Likely will end up having a better career than Rivers.

4 (144) - RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma

He is not going to win many footraces but he is a competitor and is a hard nosed runner who won't shy away from contact to get the extra yard.  Decent hands out of the backfield and a solid 3rd & short/goal line option to be used as Turbin was last year.  Could come right in and backup Frank this year and get 8-10 carries per game.

5 (159) - ILB Ben Gedeon, Michigan

A true backup here who won't "kill you" if he has to spot start from time to time.  A very good special teams player as well.  Will need to improve his man coverage if he wants to see the field often as a ILB.  Definitely a project player and will probably end up being the same type of player that you get in this round 95% of the time.

2nd mock (Based on what the FS User's thought our needs were):

1 (15) - Edge/DE Derek Barnett, Tennessee

I would welcome this pick as he gives us what we need......A DIFFERENCE MAKING EDGE!!!  Nothing to say that others haven't already said on here about him.

2 (46) - CB Tre'Davious White, LSU

More than likely a slot corner but could go outside if needed.  Possible returner and experienced gunner on special teams.  A little undersized as well but does help fill a need.

3 (79) - RB Joe Mixon, Oklahoma

This is the pick that either you will LOVE or HATE, no in between.  The value here talent wise is awesome.....IF you can deal and are okay with all the baggage.

4 (121) - S Justin Evans, Texas A&M

Solid tackler and good hands, this guy enjoys contact.  I wouuld be surprised to see him fall out of 3rd round so if he is here, I would pounce on him.  Good value and a likely upgrade for us here.

4 (137) - WR JuJu Smith Schuster, USC

I really like this guy as well and the value is too good to pass up here as I have seen him rated as high as mid 90's on some boards.  Bigger target who isn't the fastest and needs to work on getting separation.  When he gets a step though, he will more often than not come down with the ball.  Good target across the middle who isn't afraid of getting hit.  He would instantly become our #3 IMO, pushing Dorsett further down the depth chart.

4 (144) - G Isaac Asiata, Utah

Cousin on Matt Asiata, he is solid in pass protection.  Likely a backup but could be a starter within a couple years.  Can play both G positions and also C if needed so I like his versatility.

5 (159) - Edge/DE Josh Carraway, TCU

Great athlete, good tackler and sub 4.75 speed at combine.  A project who needs to find that "inner beast" and needs work on setting the edge.  Definitely willing to take a chance on him at this point in draft.  Could be a diamond in the rough a few years down the line.

3rd mock (I picked what I thought we needed/best value for the pick):

1 (15) - ILB Reuben Foster, Alabama

The combine issue may drop him enough to see him still on the board when we pick.  If he is, it's a NO-BRAINER!!!!!

2 (46) - Edge/DE Carl Lawson, Auburn

Talented..strong....muscular.  All these words have been used to describe him.  Can he stay healthy?  If so, this could be a good value pick at a position of need.  If he can't...well, let's not think about that.

3 (79) - CB Jourdan Lewis, Michigan

Lack of size will probably be the only reason he will be here when this pick rolls around.  Good in coverage when he stays with receiver off the line.  When he doesn't, he is likely to grab to try to slow man down.  If can improve that part of game, I like him here.  Good in ST as well.

4 (121) - ILB Anthony Walker Jr., Northwestern

Good in pass coverage but misses more tackles than you would like.  Good value depth pick here.  He could end up developing into a starter by year 3.

4 (137) - S Rayshwan Jenkins, Miami

Good size, long arms and will PUNISH anyone who comes across the middle.  However, he will give too much room at time to and not take enough chances.  Another good value in 4th round.

4 (144) - RB Brian Hill, Wyoming

I have seen others mention his name as well.  I think he is a good fit as he isn't GREAT at anything but is GOOD at multiple things.  Haven't heard much about his ability to pick up the blitz, but at this point in draft, I would be happy to get a talent like him here.

5 (159) - Edge/DE Daeshon Hall, Texas A&M

A project here who will need to get better at putting his hand on the ground.  Also needs to get some more bulk on his body to be able to compete at the higher level.  Not much of a reach here but it would be interesting to see how his body and game improve over a 3 year span.

Okay.  Here they are.  I like draft 1 the best although I think draft 2 is the more realistic one.

What do YOU think?

17 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I like 2 and 3.  I can't wait to see if some of those guys really are available where predicted.  3 looks realistic.   

Yeah.  Me too. If they are, I am gonna be more excited than normal during the course of the draft.  Draft #1 was basically a throw away because I couldn't figure out how Fanspeak had those guys available.  Must have hated all other teams but the Colts. haha

3 hours ago, coltsfanmurf said:

I may as well join the club in doing a mock.  I used Fanspeak's On the Clock for these.  I did 3 mocks total.  1st one is based on what Fanspeak thinks our "needs" are.  The 2nd was based on "user chosen needs".  The final I used my own choices.  These mocks have no trades and are not based on who we may sign in future.  Not sure how realistic they are but...they are what they are.  Here goes:

1st mock (Based on what FS thought our needs were):

1 (15) - CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio St.

NO CHANCE he is there at 15 but for some reason FS had him here so had to grab him.  No reasoning needed LOL.

2 (46) - S Obi Melifonwu, UCONN

I like him and I have seen him rated as high as 30th but also as low as 55.  I think he greatly improves our safety situation. His stellar combine will probably guarantee he will be gone when our pick comes though.  Big, fast ballhawk who could have a high ceiling with time.

3 (79) - G Dorian Johnson, Pitt

May be too high for an interior lineman considering our other needs but with what was out there for Edge & LB, I thought this was the best value in this mock.  I think he would slide right in at guard opposite Jack Mewhort and give us a solid 3 pack inside with RK.  The more I see him on tape and read more reports on him, the higher I am on him.

4 (121) - Edge/DE Derek Rivers, Youngstown St.

Not a star by any means but does have the talent and attributes to come in and be a solid backup for a bit.  A bit of a project possibly.

4 (137) - Edge/DE Duwane Smoot, Illinois

Another edge rusher with potential and a high motor.  I actually thought about taking him with the previous pick in the 4th so I was pleasantly surprised when he was there for this pick.  Likely will end up having a better career than Rivers.

4 (144) - RB Samaje Perine, Oklahoma

He is not going to win many footraces but he is a competitor and is a hard nosed runner who won't shy away from contact to get the extra yard.  Decent hands out of the backfield and a solid 3rd & short/goal line option to be used as Turbin was last year.  Could come right in and backup Frank this year and get 8-10 carries per game.

5 (159) - ILB Ben Gedeon, Michigan

A true backup here who won't "kill you" if he has to spot start from time to time.  A very good special teams player as well.  Will need to improve his man coverage if he wants to see the field often as a ILB.  Definitely a project player and will probably end up being the same type of player that you get in this round 95% of the time.

2nd mock (Based on what the FS User's thought our needs were):

1 (15) - Edge/DE Derek Barnett, Tennessee

I would welcome this pick as he gives us what we need......A DIFFERENCE MAKING EDGE!!!  Nothing to say that others haven't already said on here about him.

2 (46) - CB Tre'Davious White, LSU

More than likely a slot corner but could go outside if needed.  Possible returner and experienced gunner on special teams.  A little undersized as well but does help fill a need.

3 (79) - RB Joe Mixon, Oklahoma

This is the pick that either you will LOVE or HATE, no in between.  The value here talent wise is awesome.....IF you can deal and are okay with all the baggage.

4 (121) - S Justin Evans, Texas A&M

Solid tackler and good hands, this guy enjoys contact.  I wouuld be surprised to see him fall out of 3rd round so if he is here, I would pounce on him.  Good value and a likely upgrade for us here.

4 (137) - WR JuJu Smith Schuster, USC

I really like this guy as well and the value is too good to pass up here as I have seen him rated as high as mid 90's on some boards.  Bigger target who isn't the fastest and needs to work on getting separation.  When he gets a step though, he will more often than not come down with the ball.  Good target across the middle who isn't afraid of getting hit.  He would instantly become our #3 IMO, pushing Dorsett further down the depth chart.

4 (144) - G Isaac Asiata, Utah

Cousin on Matt Asiata, he is solid in pass protection.  Likely a backup but could be a starter within a couple years.  Can play both G positions and also C if needed so I like his versatility.

5 (159) - Edge/DE Josh Carraway, TCU

Great athlete, good tackler and sub 4.75 speed at combine.  A project who needs to find that "inner beast" and needs work on setting the edge.  Definitely willing to take a chance on him at this point in draft.  Could be a diamond in the rough a few years down the line.

3rd mock (I picked what I thought we needed/best value for the pick):

1 (15) - ILB Reuben Foster, Alabama

The combine issue may drop him enough to see him still on the board when we pick.  If he is, it's a NO-BRAINER!!!!!

2 (46) - Edge/DE Carl Lawson, Auburn

Talented..strong....muscular.  All these words have been used to describe him.  Can he stay healthy?  If so, this could be a good value pick at a position of need.  If he can't...well, let's not think about that.

3 (79) - CB Jourdan Lewis, Michigan

Lack of size will probably be the only reason he will be here when this pick rolls around.  Good in coverage when he stays with receiver off the line.  When he doesn't, he is likely to grab to try to slow man down.  If can improve that part of game, I like him here.  Good in ST as well.

4 (121) - ILB Anthony Walker Jr., Northwestern

Good in pass coverage but misses more tackles than you would like.  Good value depth pick here.  He could end up developing into a starter by year 3.

4 (137) - S Rayshwan Jenkins, Miami

Good size, long arms and will PUNISH anyone who comes across the middle.  However, he will give too much room at time to and not take enough chances.  Another good value in 4th round.

4 (144) - RB Brian Hill, Wyoming

I have seen others mention his name as well.  I think he is a good fit as he isn't GREAT at anything but is GOOD at multiple things.  Haven't heard much about his ability to pick up the blitz, but at this point in draft, I would be happy to get a talent like him here.

5 (159) - Edge/DE Daeshon Hall, Texas A&M

A project here who will need to get better at putting his hand on the ground.  Also needs to get some more bulk on his body to be able to compete at the higher level.  Not much of a reach here but it would be interesting to see how his body and game improve over a 3 year span.

Okay.  Here they are.  I like draft 1 the best although I think draft 2 is the more realistic one.

What do YOU think?

In the second mock there is no way Juju Smith Schuster lasts to round 4.

Reviving this thread to keep things uncluttered..

ILB HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE

EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
UCLA

WR COOPER KUPP
EASTERN WASHINGTON
121: R4P14

CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON
COLORADO
137: R4P30

EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS
LOUISVILLE

RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA
159: R5P15

DL JARRON JONES
NOTRE DAME

Got our ILB of the future in Reddick. Takk won't be ready to play instantly, but we'd have our pass rusher of the future as well. Kupp was BPA and will be an amazing WR, starting in the slot and possibly moving outside in a few years. Witherspoon gives us a really good man cover corner, as long as he can learn to tackled and play the run game. Fields is a developmental pass rusher that could see the field on ST as he hones his pass rushing skills. I doubt Mixon is there so late, but if he is, you can't not take him. Lastly, Jones gives us a really good DL, as long as he keeps his motor high.

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

Reviving this thread to keep things uncluttered..

ILB HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE

EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
UCLA

WR COOPER KUPP
EASTERN WASHINGTON
121: R4P14

CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON
COLORADO
137: R4P30

EDGE DEVONTE FIELDS
LOUISVILLE

RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA
159: R5P15

DL JARRON JONES
NOTRE DAME

Got our ILB of the future in Reddick. Takk won't be ready to play instantly, but we'd have our pass rusher of the future as well. Kupp was BPA and will be an amazing WR, starting in the slot and possibly moving outside in a few years. Witherspoon gives us a really good man cover corner, as long as he can learn to tackled and play the run game. Fields is a developmental pass rusher that could see the field on ST as he hones his pass rushing skills. I doubt Mixon is there so late, but if he is, you can't not take him. Lastly, Jones gives us a really good DL, as long as he keeps his motor high.

Would be amazing, but totally unrealistic. Love Haason in the 1st tho

5 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Would be amazing, but totally unrealistic. Love Haason in the 1st tho

I completely agree. I can see Reddick being there at 15 and I could see Takk's injury causing him to drop a bit. I'm not sure about to our 2nd round pick, but who knows. There's no way Kupp lasts to the 3rd...he's a top 5 WR.

While I find these drafts to be fun, they're extremely unrealistic. 

1: R2P2

RB DALVIN COOK
FLORIDA STATE

CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY
CLEMSON
3: R2P27

EDGE TARELL BASHAM
OHIO
4: R3P2

S OBI MELIFONWU
CONNECTICUT