Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big D, with some OL Plan

I'd go for two big free agents.

1.  Brandon Williams -  We really need a Nose

2.  Kevin Zeitler - Is Mewhort's knee problem chronic?  He could be upgraded regardless.  We have zero difference making guards.

I'd also sign Billy Winn.  Have no idea why we let him go.  He and Williams would do wonders up front on D.

I'd also re-sign Mike Adams,  he is our only good safety, I don't care how old he is.

For the draft, I would make 2 trades.  I'd trade Hilton for a late 1rst.  I would move our offense more towards a balance tough play action offense, with a tough D. 

I'd also trade a future 1 for an additional #2

1.  Adoree Jackson CB USC

1.  Cordrea Tankersly CB  Clemson

2.  Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa 

2.  Pat Elflein   OG  Ohio State

3.  Chidobe Awuzie  CB  Colorado

4,  Marguise Haynes OLB

5.  Josh Toupu  NT

The offensive line would be  Castonzo Elflein Kelly Zeitler Haeg

The OT position is still weak, but Castonzo, Haeg, and Clark would be descent.

The defensive line would be  Johnson  Williams  Langford  and the backups would be impressive Winn, Tuopu,  Parry, and if Anderson comes all the way back, plus Ridgeway.

We would still need linebackers, but I'd switch to smaller nickle backers with all that beef up front.  We would also need safeties, but we can't fix everything at once.

Teams would either have to run at that DL, or pass into all those high pick CBs

With a defense, and an OL, Luck should be able to put up points with Moncrief, Chester Rodgers, and Dorsett.  I would have no problems having Turbin be our starter.

10 minutes ago, Coltscrazy said:

I'd also re-sign Mike Adams,  he is our only good safety, I don't care how old he is.

I'd trade Hilton for a late 1rst. 

Geathers is better than Adams.

And I can't believe Hilton is still being talked about traded. Without him there is no O. No replacement for him and only for a late 1st? Ridiculous.

Love Williams and Zeitler but Winn eh?  Trading Hilton for a late 1 makes no sense to me.  Hilton is a proven player and trade for a rookie, I don't think so.  A trade for another proven player around the same age maybe but If you do you should be acquiring another veteran receiver somewhere.  He would be a big loss to the offense.

Where is the RB in this mock draft you came up with?  Also and no Edge until the 4th round, I think this is a bad draft. You need a RB that's a beast, Dalvin Cook fits the bill.  I like getting extra picks like a first rounder, well, you can use this pick to get a quality edge rusher like maybe Derek Barnett or Soloman Thomas just to name a few....

I wouldn't consider trading a future 1st rounder at all.   Too risky.  That could be a very high pick if Luck was to have a season ending injury again.

Does anybody remember Bobby Beathard?  He was a GM for the Redskins and would almost always trade the next years 1st for a 2nd.  I'd have to look up some of the trades but it seems like it backfired on him a few times when the next years number 1 turned out to be a high pick.

3 hours ago, Coltscrazy said:

2.  Kevin Zeitler - Is Mewhort's knee problem chronic?  He could be upgraded regardless.  We have zero difference making guards.

I'd also sign Billy Winn.  Have no idea why we let him go.  He and Williams would do wonders up front on D.

For the draft, I would make 2 trades.  I'd trade Hilton for a late 1rst.  I would move our offense more towards a balance tough play action offense, with a tough D. 

4,  Marguise Haynes OLB

5.  Josh Toupu  NT

The defensive line would be  Johnson  Williams  Langford  and the backups would be impressive Winn, Tuopu,  Parry, and if Anderson comes all the way back, plus Ridgeway.

We would still need linebackers, but I'd switch to smaller nickle backers with all that beef up front.  We would also need safeties, but we can't fix everything at once.

With a defense, and an OL, Luck should be able to put up points with Moncrief, Chester Rodgers, and Dorsett.  I would have no problems having Turbin be our starter.

I have been wondering the same thing about BILLY WYNN, I thought he looked good when he was here...Makes no sense??? The rest of your plan NO way though...Horrible mistakes..

I proposed the Hilton trade in an effort to build up the lines and the secondary.  Hilton is a great receiver, but he is a receiver.  Pump the money into the lines, the QB, and the secondary.  Wideouts and linebackers would not be big dollar signs.  I'm looking for a strong nickle defense, a good OL and Luck.  Even if you axe the trades, I think we would move towards this.  We would lose Tankersly  and Jaleel Johnson.  I thought of trading the first because I thought a starting DL would be worth it.  The big position I'd want in round 1 2018 would be an OT.  So either a tough DE this year, or a tackle to push Castonzo and Haeg in 2018.

Our interior OL would still be Elflein Kelly Zeitler, the DL would be Winn Williams Langford with a CB at 1st and 3rd.

I'm not worried about a RB.  I think Turbin has starting talent.  I think he outplayed Gore.  I love the way Turbin runs.

7 hours ago, Coltscrazy said:

4,  Marguise Haynes OLB

5.  Josh Toupu  NT

You lost ALL  credibility when you said trade Hilton.

i didn't read another word.

sorry

Hold up, is this Grigson trolling us all? You traded the WR with the most receiving yards in the entire league this year for an unproven rookie CB who holds pretty much every play??? You also didn't add any WR to replace him. So you're gonna have Moncrief (often injured) as WR1 and Dorse...lmao nope done. :lol:

You lost me as soon as you traded TY. Moncreif is not a no.1 and has had injury issues. The only thing Dorsett does consistently is lay eggs, and Chester is a depth UFA.

I doubt Cincy let Zeitler walk. He's a huge part of their Offense and they've haemorrhaged Olinemen the last few years.

Why do we need 3 CBs in the first 3 rounds? 1 sure, but 3?

Also sign a big name NT then draft another 2 NTs but no OLB until the 4th?

Abd you don't trade a future 1st for anything short of a blue chip prospect. Just no.

Troll?

There are good and bad aspects to this scenario.  I like your f/a adds, however, in no universe would it be logical swapping Hilton for Tankersly, especially considering you already took another CB in rd.1.  It's basically our #1 WR for a #4 CB.

Sure TY has his warts but obviously he is capable of producing at an elite level in certain categories.  

On 1/20/2017 at 2:19 PM, Coltscrazy said:

4,  Marguise Haynes OLB

5.  Josh Toupu  NT

Glad your not getting an interview to be our GM, this is garbage

On 1/20/2017 at 5:40 PM, Coltscrazy said:

I proposed the Hilton trade in an effort to build up the lines and the secondary.  Hilton is a great receiver, but he is a receiver.  Pump the money into the lines, the QB, and the secondary.  Wideouts and linebackers would not be big dollar signs.  I'm looking for a strong nickle defense, a good OL and Luck.  Even if you axe the trades, I think we would move towards this.  We would lose Tankersly  and Jaleel Johnson.  I thought of trading the first because I thought a starting DL would be worth it.  The big position I'd want in round 1 2018 would be an OT.  So either a tough DE this year, or a tackle to push Castonzo and Haeg in 2018.

Our interior OL would still be Elflein Kelly Zeitler, the DL would be Winn Williams Langford with a CB at 1st and 3rd.

I'm not worried about a RB.  I think Turbin has starting talent.  I think he outplayed Gore.  I love the way Turbin runs.

Omg man keep you opinions to yourself from now on. No one wants to hear your nonsense

On 1/20/2017 at 1:19 PM, Coltscrazy said:

4,  Marguise Haynes OLB

5.  Josh Toupu  NT

This isn't just bad it makes no sense. As everyone has pointed out trading TY isn't a great idea. He's our play maker. Trading our future 1st round pick really? 

I don't understand you talk about the D. We run a 3-4 and our LB's are poor that's being kind. So you draft 3 CB's and wait on an OLB until the 4th then you go for a kid who's going back to school?

The drafts historical for Edges but you pass? Come on man. Do you follow college ball? You go over kill on the DL and CB's you have to be trolling. Eiflien isn't going in the 2nd. 

I don't mind your FA's I'd rather have Hodges ILB instead of Wynn. Zeitler would start on the right side. We don't have a RG not compete w/Mewhort.  I don't see the Ravens giving crazy money to Williams that could happen.