Heat Increasing for Answers

Coltsfan1284

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

There is still a gruden thread:  

This thread is general speculation.  people were complaining about too many threads

That and people were complaining about all the threads with the same topics 

The thread titles were no longer accurate to what was going on in the threads so, I just opted to keep the most recent one (fewer pages for people to wade through)

You can please some of the people........etc.....etc.....etc

I just merged the gruden plans topic because the topics were similar.  What coaches?, what fee agents?

This one is just general speculation

This thread wasn't merged, I linked the other threads to it so, it's not a mega merge.  Just 3 pages right now :)

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

:spit:

3 minutes ago, YourTearinApartLisa! said:

Page three dag gone it I have dyslexia I'm lucky to get past page two.

here i'll make it easier for you then. :FlamingoDancing:

3 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Here's the thing....he didn't exactly say there wouldn't be any changes, this is from the interview he gave before we were trounced from playoff contention.....

"“Right now, I’m not anticipating making any changes,’’ he told USA Today. “That can always change. It always can when we’re sitting down at the end of the year and evaluate things."

https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.com/2016/12/14/colts-jim-irsay-not-anticipating-changes-says-that-can-change/amp/?client=safari

So going by his statement changes could happen, especially since we didn't make playoffs again. I would love to see some changes but whatever happens I won't sleep over it.

Yup, he left himself an out incase he changed his mind.

2 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I remember thinking something spectacular was going to happen!

Well the DHB signing was spectacular. Just not in a good way.

I don't think DHB was supposed to be the whopper though to be fair. Grigson was probably about to pull off some crazy trade for a big time player and it fell through, the DHB signing was coincidentally a few days after it. 

I don't think Irsay was thinking signing DHB would be a whopper, it must have been something else that ended up not happening. 

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Well the DHB signing was spectacular. Just not in a good way.

I don't think DHB was supposed to be the whopper though to be fair. Grigson was probably about to pull off some crazy trade for a big time player and it fell through, the DHB signing was coincidentally a few days after it. 

I don't think Irsay was thinking signing DHB would be a whopper, it must have been something else that ended up not happening. 

Which also could be a good reason he hasn't been tweeting anticipatory tweets as often.

29 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's stupid should have merged everything to it it was the best one 

There were also people that said they hate merges.  

The other threads had gone off topic 

this one works well for all......or so I thought

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

There were also people that said they hate merges.  

The other threads had gone off topic 

this one works well for all......or so I thought

As far as I'm concerned it's fine. Logging off or going to another website for this info is always an option for those who don't like the way that it's handled here.

Just now, Steamboat_Shaun said:

As far as I'm concerned it's fine. Logging off or going to another website for this info is always an option for those who don't like the way that it's handled here.

Situations like this, everybody disagrees

We let it go for as long as we can but, who knew it would go on this long?

it got too messy

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Agreed. Who cares, isn't it more convenient if you only have to check one thread anyway?

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand.  Irsay probably thinks Pagano is doing an ok job.  And as such figures another year won't hurt anything too badly.  Besides most coaches contracts are guaranteed so he would not want to waste that money for no reason.

My guess is he is targeting a specific coach who is on a team still in the playoffs.  He doesn't want it to become public because that would not be fair to the coach or the team he is currently coaching.

Most people seem to foget that Irsay hired Grigson and nothing happened with Caldwell, they even took Caldwell to interview Spags for a DC position.  Then baltimore gets beat in the playoffs and two days later he was the HC of the Colts.  Pagano was not on anyone's radar, he was not talked about at all as a possible HC for the Colts.

I have no idea who Irsay is targeting but I bet we will find out shortly after whatever team he coaches is done for the year.

2 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Agreed. Who cares, isn't it more convenient if you only have to check one thread anyway?

It is. But threads like these tend to have a shorter shelf-life due to the amount of activity. They become convoluted with people posting the same links and embedding the same tweets over and over, and eventually they just need to be locked so a fresh thread can be started. It's not done to inconvenience anyone or rub forum members the wrong way, but a 75-page thread about Jon Gruden becomes messy fast.

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

I did like that other thread but as long as we have some type of thread about this topic, that's fine with me

Exactly damn I said the other was better and the "I'm a better poster then you" clan shows up to +. I swear some of you just wait for your chance to tell everyone how much better you are.

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yes closing the thread with the most info for one that has about zero was a gr wa the idea whatever lol

Huh?

Also, that has nothing to do with Superman's post about you calling anything that you disagree with stupid.  He was referring to far more than just that one comment.

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It is the other had way more links and pages up to date 

That thread still exists if you want to go back and see those 3 day old links... 

You probably don't care, but the way you post reflects on you more than whatever you're posting about. 

I listened to JMV and he said his information supply has dried up.  He had no new information.  He did state though that the information he has shared so far is 100 percent accurate.  There has been interest and conversation and thats where it stands for now.

11 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

I listened to JMV and he said his information supply has dried up.  He had no new information.  He did state though that the information he has shared so far is 100 percent accurate.  There has been interest and conversation and thats where it stands for now.

I wonder if his information supply dried up because the "talks" dried up.