Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton calls the team out

VaAllDay757

He said they laid down which they did unfortunately....I'm glad someone is finally doing this I'm tired of this softness around this team they don't really play with an attitude or have someone keep them fired up at all times this what this team always needed but never executed on it

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He said they laid down which they did unfortunately....I'm glad someone is finally doing this I'm tired of this softness around this team they don't really play with an attitude or have someone keep them fired up at all times this what this team always needed but never executed on it

Yep, because this will really really help us get better. The next time he gets shut down, will he tell the team he laid down as well.....pretty disappointing if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Yep, because this will really really help us get better. The next time he gets shut down, will he tell the team he laid down as well.....pretty disappointing if you ask me.

You are looking way beyond the point everyone has a bad game it just happens

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, someone other than TY, like Luck or Mathis, should call the team out, IMO because they are more respected as leaders, TY has had bad games too, he should know better. However, everyone is busy picking up their own fallen pieces.

Luck won't call anybody out he would tell them we played hard if the score was 40 to 0

10 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

It doesn't bother me honestly. For every bad game TY has had in his career, there are 10 great games to offset it. If he's not calling out the team, then who will? It's pretty obvious at this point that Luck doesn't like going down that road, so I'd say TY is the next best person to do it. My only issue is that it's maybe too little too late.

19 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

So who making this statement on this team would this be valid from?  Who on this team never has a bad game?

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, someone other than TY, like Luck or Mathis, should call the team out, IMO because they are more respected as leaders, TY has had bad games too, he should know better. However, everyone is busy picking up their own fallen pieces.

What?  I have no idea what you are getting at here.  Luck and Mathis have bad games as well.  Luck isn't even a "leader" on the team he just plays QB.  I just don't get this board sometimes.  Everyone on here is saying what TY says but since it came from him and not a "traditional team leader" it should fall on deaf ears?  That is loser logic if you ask me.

Just now, tikyle said:

So who making this statement on this team would this be valid from?  Who on this team never has a bad game?

What?  I have no idea what you are getting at here.  Luck and Mathis have bad games as well.  Luck isn't even a "leader" on the team he just plays QB.  I just don't get this board sometimes.  Everyone on here is saying what TY says but since it came from him and not a "traditional team leader" it should fall on deaf ears?  That is loser logic if you ask me.

This guy gets it

24 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Shut down? Nine catches, 115 yards and a TD is shut down?

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

If you look at just what TY did alone with those stats, you would have thought the Colts had won... Sad really.. 

Yeah but when your QB turns the ball over three times (one was on TE Allen) you need more than just a great game from your #1 WR.

2 minutes ago, BCoop said:

Actually, 2 were on Allen. Not his best day of work.

If you are referring to the fumble, you would be incorrect.  Luck knew Allen would be blocking Clowney before the snap.  He has to get rid of that ball.  Blaming Allen for that would be like blaming a RB for not being able to block a pro bowl defensive lineman.  Allen slowed him for as much as he could.  He's a TE not a LT for a reason.

35 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

bad choice of words.  He laid down instead of fighting for 1yrd. 

he gets a pass for that because he is one of the few good players on this team, and he is absolutely right

sure he could have fought for that yard, but a lot of guys could have done their jobs better too.  if everyone played as well as ty yesterday we win easily

6 minutes ago, tikyle said:

If you are referring to the fumble, you would be incorrect.  Luck knew Allen would be blocking Clowney before the snap.  He has to get rid of that ball.  Blaming Allen for that would be like blaming a RB for not being able to block a pro bowl defensive lineman.  Allen slowed him for as much as he could.  He's a TE not a LT for a reason.

Eh. I'm sharing blame on that one. A little bit to Chud for calling that matchup, some to Luck for seeing it and not getting rid of the ball, and some to Allen for not doing whatever it takes to stop Clowney. I think DA was the least to blame of the 3, but trying to pick up the ball after and not just fall on it sealed the deal for me.

That situation is why I don't personally mind the Castanzo holds every once in a while. If you know you're getting beat on that side of the field, a hold is better than an unobstructed blow to your QB's blind side. DA should have held, hugged, tackled Clowney to the ground to prevent that strip from happening. 

I do agree some of it falls on Luck though.

45 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

On that final drive correct me if I'm wrong but didn't ty had the chance to get a first down but ran back losing 2yards on that 3rd down

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

Shut down? Nine catches, 115 yards and a TD is shut down?

He is talking about the next time he gets shut down, not in this game. He is referring to the logic of "don't point a finger because there will be several fingers pointed at yourself in the process". 

I get what he is saying but when players have to speak up like this, coaches are obviously not doing their jobs. Todd Gurley called that Rams' offense a middle school offense and lo behold, the coach gets fired, though it was a culmination of several things and purely co-incidental that Gurley said something.

I just am used to players keeping things in house, I guess.

I see Hilton being bashed for calling the team out because he's had low yardage in games? OTHER THAN HIM WHO HAS DONE ANYTHING okay moncrief has 5 tds okay and? How many of those were from Hilton getting us there in the first places other than those redzone touchdowns Moncrief has done Nothing. Dorsett I vouched that we haven't used him properly but yesterday showed his hands are straight trash bad pass or not it hit him in the hands each time...Allen I won't even comment he is a ghost..Doyle he's great nothing bad to say  him as Hilton only guys who tried to attempted to make a difference...I'm still waiting for luck to call out that trashy line and himself for not checking out of that stupid screen play stop this mr nice guy **** and fire these dudes up some guys need to be embarrassed in order to step up 

3 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

So did Marvin. It's a smart move for a guy with his frame.

lol that was just a dumb comment by him are people colts fans or not ..our best receiver did this to avoid injury at least he caught the damn ball and tried to make it a game