Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Start Morris

Dudley Smith

Since Luck is definitely out tomorrow night, I want Morris as the starter. Nothing against Tolzien, but the team needs points, and Tolzien isn't equipped to do that with limited arm strength and mobility. We probably don't win this game no matter which guy is back there, but Morris has a bigger arm to take advantage of our WR speedsters and he can move with his feet when the Oline breaks down. Morris adds some much needed wrinkles to our offense without Luck. Morris please.

3 minutes ago, achcolts said:

While I liked Morris way more in preseason, it makes most sense for the coaches to go with a vet that has had more reps with guys. Morris has shown flashes of high ceiling potential, but his floor is also very low based purely off NFL experience 

Can't disagree. I don't expect them to start Morris. He looks better than Tolzien by the eye-test IMO though. I think he would give us a better chance to win tomorrow night than Tolzien. Not that our chances are good with either of them.

1 minute ago, Dudley Smith said:

Right. And Tolzien is some world-beater who is clearly better. When you're done being a condescending jerk and ready to talk about specifics let me know.

Don't be surprised look where you are, you are surrounded by condescending jerks. With that being said, Tolzien probably does have a better timing with the receivers, and honestly I do not think we will be taking many deep shots this game anyways. I think we will see a lot of comeback, drags, and screens. I think we will fight for TOP and field position. 

I think Davis will shadow brown if he is healthy and we have shown our ability to stop running backs. With all of that being said, they are not going to scheme this game like Andrew Luck is playing, therefore I like Tolzien more. 

27 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Since Luck is definitely out tomorrow night, I want Morris as the starter. Nothing against Tolzien, but the team needs points, and Tolzien isn't equipped to do that with limited arm strength and mobility. We probably don't win this game no matter which guy is back there, but Morris has a bigger arm to take advantage of our WR speedsters and he can move with his feet when the Oline breaks down. Morris adds some much needed wrinkles to our offense without Luck. Morris please.

I'll end this right here 

1 hour ago, Dudley Smith said:

That's dumb

I just like Morris because he's cool as a cucumber back there.  Not rattled easily.

Don't have any big bones to pick with Tolzien though.  He will probably look better than you think with the starters vs playing with a bunch of dudes who barely know the offense in the preseason.

1 hour ago, Tyler Shaw said:

Maybe tolzien will get some bruised ribs or something and get knocked out for the game. One can hope.

How about Tolzien not even touching the turf?  I know it's not probable, but in this scenario,...we win.  We'll probable have Butler playing safety again, and Robinson @ the nickel.  We'll need this for the recieving corps of the Steelers.  Useing a lot of blitzes and pressing the recievers to make Big Ben unconfortable going a loooong way to beating them.   We didn't do that the last couple times we played them and Ben tore our secondary up.  I say run run run...screens, and quick slants.   TOP with an agressive defenseive play calling is our only shot of beating them.

Morris only comes in the 2nd 1/2 IF the steelers build a huge lead in the 1st half.

5 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

Right. And Tolzien is some world-beater who is clearly better. When you're done being a condescending jerk and ready to talk about specifics let me know.

In all fairness, no one really knows how high either's ceiling is.  And probably, no one ever really will because neither will probably start enough games. Unless you are a QB in Cleveland, not many 2nd , let alone 3rd QB get enuff reps to really, truly know.

Practice and preseason just aren't "live" either.  And now the way practices are, they get even less quality real experience.

I'm hoping our QB goes off and we have a controversy at QB for next week. haha

maybe Chuck says "we're gonna give Andrew one more week or two to be safe."

I don't know why you couldn't play both.  They did it last season with the 2 QB's off the street.  And it's not like either one of these guys has a lot of experience.  They have thrown as many real-game passes as I have the last 2 seasons, LOL.  They both have strengths and weaknesses and both have different styles so why not utilize both and maybe keep the Steelers guessing a little bit?   They don't have the strongest defense this season.

3 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Yeah morris would be the better choice but then again this wonderful coaching staff knows what they're doing :lol:

Pray tell, what knowledge, inside information, tape, interview and physical evidence do you have that the coaching staff do not, to make you come to your conclusion? 

Oh, by the way, I have changed my user handle to BraveHeartCondescendingJerk 

6 hours ago, Dudley Smith said:

Can't disagree. I don't expect them to start Morris. He looks better than Tolzien by the eye-test IMO though. I think he would give us a better chance to win tomorrow night than Tolzien. Not that our chances are good with either of them.

Trust me I agree 1000% that's just how the coaches see it unfortunately. Hoping I get surprised by tolzien tomorrow, and on the Brighton side this is a chance for us to see if he can be a long term serviceable backup 

27 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Pray tell, what knowledge, inside information, tape, interview and physical evidence do you have that the coaching staff do not, to make you come to your conclusion? 

Oh, by the way, I have changed my user handle to BraveHeartCondescendingJerk 

It's called common sense....some of ya'll think oh morris isn't good because he's always been the practice squad well doesn't mean anything period he's been the practice squad because the teams he was on wasn't searching for a qb to start immediately yeah tolzien has more time than morris but that doesn't mean alot either but regardless we will see a disaster happen tomorrow night

18 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

It's called common sense....some of ya'll think oh morris isn't good because he's always been the practice squad well doesn't mean anything period he's been the practice squad because the teams he was on wasn't searching for a qb to start immediately yeah tolzien has more time than morris but that doesn't mean alot either but regardless we will see a disaster happen tomorrow night

It means a ton more. There is a reason Morris was on the practice squad.  Geez people get real!

Man there is some real stupid running through this thread.   

the last time we saw these two play was with Tolzein playing against the ones and twos and Morris playing against the two threes and ushers 

Tolzein runs the offense with the number ones almost every Thursday this yr while Luck sits out

I honestly  question if some of you even watch football .   This is a dumb dumb thread 

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

the last time we saw these two play was with Tolzein playing against the ones and twos and Morris playing against the two threes and ushers 

Tolzein runs the offense with the number ones almost every Thursday this yr while Luck sits out

I honestly  question if some of you even watch football .   This is a dumb dumb thread 

Very delusional people. 

13 hours ago, achcolts said:

While I liked Morris way more in preseason, it makes most sense for the coaches to go with a vet that has had more reps with guys. Morris has shown flashes of high ceiling potential, but his floor is also very low based purely off NFL experience 

Ya but he outplayed Tolzien by a mile in preseason I hope if Tolzien is horrible we go to morris in this game. I hope like I said if tolzien sucks like I think he is going to then I really hope the coaches have the common sense to go with morris.

4 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

I think what it is......is style of play.  Tolzien is seen as more of a pocket guy and our OL has trouble blocking.  Morris can run around a little bit and possibly escape some of the rush.

14 hours ago, AustinnKaine said:

Don't be surprised look where you are, you are surrounded by condescending jerks. With that being said, Tolzien probably does have a better timing with the receivers, and honestly I do not think we will be taking many deep shots this game anyways. I think we will see a lot of comeback, drags, and screens. I think we will fight for TOP and field position. 

I think Davis will shadow brown if he is healthy and we have shown our ability to stop running backs. With all of that being said, they are not going to scheme this game like Andrew Luck is playing, therefore I like Tolzien more. 

Solid analysis.  Signed, a condescending jerk.   :^)

Tolzien has more reps with the team so in theory should fare better then a practice squad qb I get it ...but the way the O line has been playing, a more mobile qb might be the better option, they may both be running for thier lives, IMO.

8 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

So true. Some on here have no football IQ at all.