Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why isn't Luck in MVP discussion?

Pacergeek

Without Andrew Luck, the Colts are the Cleveland Browns, a winless team. It is difficult to have both good offensive lines and defensive lines. Most NFL teams are at least decent at one side of the ball, in terms of their lines. The Colts are actually bad at both offensive and defensive line. Luck is under constant duress whenever he drops back to pass, and it's incredible how he is still able to perform under these challenging circumstances. Luck also has poor coaching and poor general managing. Even with everything working against him, Luck is still top 5 in both passing yards and passing. In terms of being "most valuable", I don't think there is another player in the NFL as important to their team as Andrew Luck. 

58 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Without Andrew Luck, the Colts are the Cleveland Browns, a winless team. It is difficult to have both good offensive lines and defensive lines. Most NFL teams are at least decent at one side of the ball, in terms of their lines. The Colts are actually bad at both offensive and defensive line. Luck is under constant duress whenever he drops back to pass, and it's incredible how he is still able to perform under these challenging circumstances. Luck also has poor coaching and poor general managing. Even with everything working against him, Luck is still top 5 in both passing yards and passing. In terms of being "most valuable", I don't think there is another player in the NFL as important to their team as Andrew Luck. 

I doubt we are winless without Luck....I am going to bet the consensus last yr would have been the same thought.. Without Luck we are winless...    Compare records from last yr to this yr at this time and schedule from then compared to now.    

Anyway    he makes too many mistakes to be considered  right now.   Anyway who cares

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

I doubt we are winless without Luck....I am going to bet the consensus last yr would have been the same thought.. Without Luck we are winless...    Compare records from last yr to this yr at this time and schedule from then compared to now.    

Anyway    he makes too many mistakes to be considered  right now.   Anyway who cares

We had Hasselbeck last season who was adequate, with Tolzien we would be winless IMO. All the games we have won have been barely as it is.

Sucky team means you won't get a look unless your numbers are way ahead of everybody else's.  IMHO, I don't think he's the MVP right now even if the Colts were 9-0.  I think there are other guys with better numbers, Brady included.  He is having to do more to help the team win but they never really seem to notice that.  They usually just look at numbers and wins.

He may be MVP of the Colts but no way he is considered for MVP of the league.

QB's having better seasons

Drew Brees

Matt Ryan

Derek Carr

Tom Brady

Matt Stafford

In fact Phillip Rivers has basically the same numbers as Luck

Just because he's a Colt doesn't make him league  MVP

Wow.      What a surprise.     You come up with another silly thread and every single poster in the thread just crushes you.       You lead with your chin and dare people to punch it,  and they do!

Yes,  Luck is having a very good season.    But 4-5 ends all MVP talk before it's even started.     Plenty of other players are having very good years and their team is doing better.

But, here's some good news for you!     It's now November and it's Basketball Season!     One would think a guy whose handle is Pacergeek would spend most (all?) of his time thinking about the Pacers!    (And not the Colts)

The Pacers are a good team this year,  and in the East,  most anything is possible (except beating Cleveland in the Conference Finals!)      So, have fun this basketball season.       And get back to us in May after the Pacers have been eliminated!      Good luck!

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Whom are the front-runners for the award? I've seen Brady and Prescott. Tom shouldn't win because he was suspended for cheating. Prescott is a Rookie, and has good players around him helping him succeed. 

Ok   would you trade Luck and our oline for Dak and the Cowboys oline right now?

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Pacers are a good team this year,  and in the East,  most anything is possible (except beating Cleveland in the Conference Finals!)      So, have fun this basketball season.       And get back to us in May after the Pacers have been eliminated!      Good luck!

Eh, so far they kinda stink this year. lmao 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we stink so far and it is shocking actually.

Pacers might pick it up sometime. It's still early to count out a lot of teams who aren't called the Warriors and Cavs.

And da Lakers!!!!!!!!! 6-4 baby!!!!!!!!!!

49 minutes ago, Jules said:

Eh, so far they kinda stink this year. lmao 

Oh....    I'm surprised....   driving around,  all I hear on the radio is good stuff about the Pacers.....

Guess they're still trying to put it together this year....

No wonder our Geek friend is hanging out here........    Oh, boy, oh, boy, oh boy!     (Not!)      :peek:

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Oh....    I'm surprised....   driving around,  all I hear on the radio is good stuff about the Pacers.....

Guess they're still trying to put it together this year....

No wonder our Geek friend is hanging out here........    Oh, boy, oh, boy, oh boy!     (Not!)      :peek:

Pacers may get it together, but right now it's been shaky so it's kind of a period of "lost in translation" for both the Colts/Pacers lately which means wandering confused fans. lmao 

Right now...Luck isn't widely viewed as being one of the top 5 QBs in the league so quite naturally I don't expect him to get much MVP consideration.  The Colts record and his struggles on the field with sacks and ill advised throws don't really help his cause.  Ask yourself...does Phillip Rivers deserve MVP consideration? I am sure most Colts fans would say no.   Well...Luck is pretty much equal to Rivers at this point. Stats, QBR and team records are very similar.

Unless you're a running back, if a QB is going to get the MVP, for some reason you have to be on a winning team. Luck could have a perfect QBR, but, since the Colts as a team are playing horribly, that doesn't matter. It's unfortunate, but those are sort of the unwritten rules of the MVP award.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Right now...Luck isn't widely viewed as being one of the top 5 QBs in the league so quite naturally I don't expect him to get much MVP consideration.  The Colts record and his struggles on the field with sacks and ill advised throws don't really help his cause.  Ask yourself...does Phillip Rivers deserve MVP consideration? I am sure most Colts fans would say no.   Well...Luck is pretty much equal to Rivers at this point. Stats, QBR and team records are very similar.

If Rivers were a Colt there would be people on here saying he should be MVP

6 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Whom are the front-runners for the award? I've seen Brady and Prescott. Tom shouldn't win because he was suspended for cheating. Prescott is a Rookie, and has good players around him helping him succeed. 

Ezekiel Elliot seems to be making some big waves. But he has an investigation of some domestic in college by the League Office. 

2 hours ago, GoColtsWin said:

Ezekiel Elliot seems to be making some big waves. But he has an investigation of some domestic in college by the League Office. 

Actually, the domestic stuff is more than just college.

I think some, perhaps even most of it happened this spring....   after he left Ohio State for the NFL.     So, just this passed off-season.

It's not ancient history,  it seems like recent history......

This could be another weird chapter of the NFL and Domestic Violence.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually, the domestic stuff is more than just college.

I think some, perhaps even most of it happened this spring....   after he left Ohio State for the NFL.     So, just this passed off-season.

It's not ancient history,  it seems like recent history......

This could be another weird chapter of the NFL and Domestic Violence.

Yeah. Shame too. he is an absolute beast at RB. 

He is line for the MUP award. "Most Unfortunate Player", stuck with an organization that said they cannot build an OL because they paid him too much. Look at what the Cowboys for one example have built. The Colts GM "staffs" a team versus building a winner and the owners says "three more years of the same"! 100% of all sports people say Luck cannot continue to take the beatings.

On 11/14/2016 at 9:54 AM, King Colt said:

He is line for the MUP award. "Most Unfortunate Player", stuck with an organization that said they cannot build an OL because they paid him too much. Look at what the Cowboys for one example have built. The Colts GM "staffs" a team versus building a winner and the owners says "three more years of the same"! 100% of all sports people say Luck cannot continue to take the beatings.

I guess you haven't been watching the Colts much? 4 offensive linemen taken in the draft and improvement in pass and run blocking.

Grigson did not say they couldn't build an offensive line because of Lucks contract, where did you her that?

All he said offensive linemen were hard to find and having a contract like Lucks changes the way things are done.

Edited by Nadine
inflammatory