Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts should be players before the trade deadline... In reverse

Indeee

1 minute ago, deedub75 said:

We don't have anything to trade. 

^^ This . . .  At least no one we want to trade that anyone would give up anything for . . .  The few players worth something would be the ones we would need/want to keep. 

• I'll pass on this because I don't want Grigson making another personnel decision for this team.  Chances are it will end up being another Jerry Hughes-type trade. Let the new GM, who might actually have an eye for talent, decide who to keep and who to send packing. 

Unless we got some crazy deal we just couldn't refuse there is no reason for a trade at this point,  the season is toast. . . One player isn't going to salvage the season so no reason to waste resources that could likely be more effectively used in the off season. 

7 minutes ago, esmort said:

Unless we got some crazy deal we just couldn't refuse there is no reason for a trade at this point,  the season is toast. . . One player isn't going to salvage the season so no reason to waste resources that could likely be more effectively used in the off season. 

Trade for picks only 

48 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

I'd sell everything that isnt Andrew Luck. He's overrated,  but qbs are hard to find. I'd start w/ the too 3wrs(Hilton included)  and see what I can get for them.  

So you will get rid of your #1 receiver for an unproven rookie WR? who are you gonna draft?  Randy Moss?

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

So you will get rid of your #1 receiver for an unproven rookie WR? who are you gonna draft?  Randy Moss?

Unproven rookie? Id flip him for a proveN offensive linemen.  Heres the thing that u and others havent realized,  WRs can be found.  TY was a 3rd rnd pick.  Of you told me I can get a 1 or 2 or a proven OLineman or a legit oass rusher,  trade him.  

2 minutes ago, esmort said:

We don't have any tradeable assets . . . Anyone we would trade isn't worth anything. 

We would get 7th rounders for about 75-80% of our entire team. we might get a 2nd for P Pat McAfee and for K Adam Vinny. lol pretty crazy when you think about it. oh yea 1 more thing. If our players strew up downing the ball when Pat Mcafee lands it on the 1 or 2 yard line again...They should be fired for making touchbacks,  moving the ball back to the 20 yard line when the punter placed it on the 1 or 2 yard line for you.  I'm tired of the careless mistakes on special team coverage,  looking like children holding their helmets like oh I'm so sorry. Luck also, I'm tired of him holding the side of his helmet.  He knew what was gonna happen before he does it. we could have won 3 to 4 more games if he doesn't turn over the ball doing stupid stuff.

27 minutes ago, #12. said:
  • I'll pass on this because I don't want Grigson making another personnel decision for this team.  Chances are it will end up being another Jerry Hughes-type trade. Let the new GM, who might actually have an eye for talent, decide who to keep and who to send packing. 

Yeah exactly

3 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

TY Hilton,  Vonte Davis,  Costanzo,  Moncreif.  Sell,  Sell,  Sell

I guess I should have said no assets worth anything we would be willing to trade. 

We aren't selling any of those you listed . . . and we shouldn't short of a team way overpaying. 

To all of those stating get rid of TY Hilton. You will not get equal value for him. A week or 2 ago, everyone was stating how he was on track for 1600 yards. now u want to trade him? That says alot about you. moreover,  he was a 3rd round pick, on pace for 1600 yards. Good Luck finding a Rookie WR in the entire draft that is gonna get you that type of production. Because truth is, If you get a 1 or 2 round WR for TY, Odds says (51% chance) that they won't give you that production. 

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

We would get 7th rounders for about 75-80% of our entire team. we might get a 2nd for P Pat McAfee and for K Adam Vinny. lol pretty crazy when you think about it. oh yea 1 more thing. If our players strew up downing the ball when Pat Mcafee lands it on the 1 or 2 yard line again...They should be fired for making touchbacks,  moving the ball back to the 20 yard line when the punter placed it on the 1 or 2 yard line for you.  I'm tired of the careless mistakes on special team coverage,  looking like children holding their helmets like oh I'm so sorry.

Another of Paganos  list of poor coaching traits.   His teams are the most undisciplined I have ever seen. 

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

We cold get something for Gore.  There are plenty of contenders who could use him. I'm not against trading TY at this point. 

Might get a 5th-6th for Gore . . . . I guess you could take it.  Might not be worth it if we want to try and squeeze one more season out of him though.  We aren't trading TY. 

We should just try to sell  Costanza that guy is like J Culter  a waste of Cap. D. Allen should pay him to be a coach since he is on the sideline most of the time. Swoope looks a lot more of an asset . P Dossett  we can get a trade. Patrick Robinson should be dropped or Traded. 

1 hour ago, YourNextGM said:

I'd sell everything that isnt Andrew Luck. He's overrated,  but qbs are hard to find. I'd start w/ the too 3wrs(Hilton included)  and see what I can get for them.  

Luck isn't   overrated the team he is on and forced to  attempt to bail out all thee time is its not fair to  criticize him when clearly isnt the problem.

3 hours ago, deedub75 said:

We don't have anything to trade. 

Thank you.  

Guys, in order to make trades you have to have something the other party actually wants.

I know it would be great if the other NFL teams would swoop in and give us draft picks for our garbage roster and their preposterous contracts but that usually not how the NFL works.  

Maybe if we can somehow get Ryan Grigson running another team we can find a GM dumb enough to pawn our roster off on.

Yes.....   it's Over-reaction Monday....

And once again we have another lunatic thread!

When you trade at this time of year you get pennies on the dollar for your return.     Or has no one in this thread seen the news that Jamie Collins was just traded for a compensatory 3rd round pick.    That means pick 97--100.  

That's all Jamie Collins brought.       You trade top talent now and you'll get next to nothing.

Stop with the nonsense!       Come back to Planet Earth!!

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When you trade at this time of year you get pennies on the dollar for your return.     Or has no one in this thread seen the news that Jamie Collins was just traded for a compensatory 3rd round pick.    That means pick 97--100.  

That's all Jamie Collins brought.       You trade top talent now and you'll get next to nothing.

I think you meant a conditional 3rd round pick, not compensatory.  compensatory picks don't get handed out until shortly before the draft :)

And man, really wish we could have gotten Collins. 

5 hours ago, Jason_S said:

I think you meant a conditional 3rd round pick, not compensatory.  compensatory picks don't get handed out until shortly before the draft :)

Well....   if it's a conditional pick then it may be conditional on whether or not Collins stays with Cleveland, or leaves and becomes a free agent and signs elsewhere.

That would mean New England would get less than a conditional 3rd round pick.     So, the terms of the deal would be even worse for NE.

Not good.    

5 hours ago, Jason_S said:

You're both right. It's a conditional trade, if the Browns get a third round comp pick, it goes to the Pats. If not, they send their 4th round pick to the Pats. 

7 hours ago, Jaric said:

Thank you.  

Guys, in order to make trades you have to have something the other party actually wants.

I know it would be great if the other NFL teams would swoop in and give us draft picks for our garbage roster and their preposterous contracts but that usually not how the NFL works.  

Maybe if we can somehow get Ryan Grigson running another team we can find a GM dumb enough to pawn our roster off on.

I concur

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Pats were. It going to pay Collins top defensive player money, never have and likely never will. They cut the loss and get a 3rd round pick. Now, who will give Collins that kind of money is a good question. If Cleveland does, they give up a 3rd and a huge chunk of cap space. Is Collins a franchise type backer???? 

BB and the pats can do this because they have a scheme that builds up players. They will just replace the guy with a scrub and probably not notice Collins gone. Our team needs 11 pro bowlers to compete with fluffies defensive system. 

We have assets that are tradable and have worth. Problem is, are they worth trading a pick for what we would get in return? 

In no order to trade 

1. AC

2. Mewhort

3. Kelly

4. Luck

5. Gore

6. Davis

7. Doyle

8. Swoope

9. Geathers

10. Green

11. Ty

12. Dorsett

13. Moncreif

14. E. Jackson

15. Mcafee

16. Vinny

17. Anderson

18. Adams

19. Haeg 

20. Allen

now, only a couple of these guys would return a first round pick (luck would get 2 and I'd want more). The rest, depending on the teams desperate need of the position and choices, might be willing to give a 3rd round pick but I'd guess most are 5th and. Beyond. They are far more important to keep on this team than to trade. I'd give AC, Allen or moncreif or Dorsett up for a first or high second no question. Unless I was given 2- 1st picks, I'd never give up Kelly, Mewhort, Davis or Anderson. Honestly, Luck, Kelly, Mewhort, Pat would really be my only untouchables unless you gave me a ransom. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

But it works when I do it on madden!!!!  

Really? I tried trading 3 1st round picks for Luke Keuchly and the computer declined. Spent an hour signing and trading FA's to get those picks and trading the picks for higher picks until i got 2 extra 1st rounders. Still couldn't get Keuchly. Now you know why I blame Grigson, if he would only acquire and trade multiple 1st rounders for Keuchly, it'd be easier than Madden, but NO! :thmup:

14 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

Unproven rookie? Id flip him for a proveN offensive linemen.  Heres the thing that u and others havent realized,  WRs can be found.  TY was a 3rd rnd pick.  Of you told me I can get a 1 or 2 or a proven OLineman or a legit oass rusher,  trade him.  

First things first, You won't get a 1st rounder for TY, 1st rounders are all pro players. secondly, No one is giving up a proven Oline man for TY.Especially if the o lineman is young. Listen to what you just said and see that that's a dream. wake up now.