Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Sunday game against the packers

VaAllDay757

Packers have one of the best O-lines in the game. We have one of the worst pass-rushing in the game. No pressure! Not that Rodgers needs no pressure to dissect this secondary(especially if Vontae doesn't play). We got dissected by Osweiler, Hoyer and Nick Foles...  Just imagine what Rodgers will do... I'm calling it right now... they are going to score more than 50.

On 10/30/2016 at 8:08 PM, Hi-Tek said:

Better hope Ty Montgomery and Randall Cobb are out again.

Nick Barnett will probably have three sacks.

Barnett could probably do that against our feeble OL even though retired!

I think this team is so Jeckyl and Hyde that they could very well do the unexpected and pull off an upset.  Why?  Because nobody expects it.  Everyone will expect them to get blown out, which means they will probably hang in there and maybe pull it out.  I don't EXPECT it to happen but at this point it wouldn't shock me either and give Irsay more hope than really needs to be concerning his HC and GM.

On 10/30/2016 at 8:19 PM, jbaron04 said:

It could get super ugly, aaron might go for 500 

I think he could seriously break the NFL record for passing yards and TDs.  Then that will be broken when facing Pittsburgh (who nearly hit the record already against us) while giving Bell 200 yards rushing.  The only thing that could stop it is them running out of time.  I think we win our 3 division games and have a slight shot at the Jets to salvage 7-9 which will be good for 2nd in our division so we'll still have to face Cincy and Buffalo next season.  

I feel like a sick individual for wanting the Packers and Steelers to put up NFL record numbers against us.  If it gets our coach/GM removed, so be it.  Reveal the team we truly are and let's move on and rebuild so we don't waste more of Luck's prime.

4 minutes ago, UKCOLT17 said:

Think Rodgers might have a perfect passer rating at end of game especially if Davis is out nd no pass rush going to be a really long game. 

All I can say is I'm using Rodgers on Fanduel this week. He may score 7 tds. I bet there are 2 or 3 people in this forum that think we'll beat the Packers this week.

As much as I do want to see a change made to this organization, I truly hope we can get a win in GB.

I spent way too much in game tickets, plane tickets, rental car, hotel for this game (bought it all before the season started) to just witness another blowout game. I haven't witnessed a Colts Win for many years:

My win/loss ratio is 1-7

Game Attended:

Dec 18 2005: SD 26 - IND 17 -- LOSS
Nov 11 2007: IND 21 - SD 23 -- LOSS
Nov 2 2008:  NE 15 - IND 18  -- WIN
Nov 28 2010: SD 36 - IND 14 -- LOSS
Oct 14 2013: IND 9 - SD 19 -- LOSS
Dec 21 2014: IND 7 - DAL 42 -- LOSS
Nov 2 2015: IND 26 - CAR 29 -- LOSS

Nov 6 2016: IND ? - GB ? -- ??

Also, we tend to play better against the better teams so far, and lose horribly vs teams we should beat.

Here is to wishful thinking, 27-24 Colts

3 hours ago, FinalAxel said:

As much as I do want to see a change made to this organization, I truly hope we can get a win in GB.

I spent way too much in game tickets, plane tickets, rental car, hotel for this game (bought it all before the season started) to just witness another blowout game. I haven't witnessed a Colts Win for many years:

My win/loss ratio is 1-7

Game Attended:

Also, we tend to play better against the better teams so far, and lose horribly vs teams we should beat.

Well I think you might be leaving this game a little early :panic:

3 hours ago, FinalAxel said:

My win/loss ratio is 1-7

Game Attended:

Wow maybe you're just bad luck haha jk.  I am sure the game will be a blast.  Maybe your luck will turn around and you'll get to see a Colts win but it's highly highly highly doubtful.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:06 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I've fought this mentality for awhile now, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of having a top 5 pick and completely gutting the front office and coaching staff (Pagano & Monachino in particular, they are utterly clueless). Cut all the geezers on defense, stockpile that cap, and get a blue-chip edge rush prospect in the first round. Who knows, maybe we even trade up so we could have 2 first rounders?

I like your idea about trading back into the 1st as a possibility. add that with 21s idea of trading vets for picks to get us more ammo and we could be onto something.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:22 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, it has plenty of benefits, in my opinion. 

1. Fire Pagano, Monachino, and possibly Chud.  Make Philbin interim head coach for the remainder of the season with the unspoken acknowledgement that the season is lost. 

2. Fire Grigson or start doing a bit more research on candidates around the NFL to replace Grigson in the offseason.

3. Try to get rid of all the older vets on the team, including Walden, Mike Adams, DQ, and Gore.  Try to get anything back in return, even if it's late round picks.  If not, Gore deserves to be cut so he can pursue a championship with another team.

4. Give the younger guys more playing time and reps so they can develop, including Maggitt, Blythe, and Clark.

5. Obtain a high pick and free up cap space

6. Give Luck much more freedom.  Let him try calling his own plays for a couple drives in each game.

Fantastic plan I'm extremely on board with this route!!

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I like your idea about trading back into the 1st as a possibility. add that with 21s idea of trading vets for picks to get us more ammo and we could be onto something.

Hard to say who's going to be making the picks, but I'd love that strategy. And I hate to be the guy calling for coach's heads, but it's very clear now that Pagano isn't well-suited as an NFL head coach. He's a football guy for sure, and I'd guess that he'd probably be very good at the collegiate level where his personality would win over recruits left and right. But as an NFL HC, we've arrived his ceiling. And I know it's a small sample size with Monachino, but I had a bad feeling about that hire to begin with, and now I know why. Our defense has no idea what they're doing from one play to the other, probably 60% of the time it's just a mass of confusion after the ball is snapped. There's no "scheme," it's just a bunch of guys running around. Halfway into the season, we should be seeing some semblance of a "unit" playing together, but we're nowhere near that. That's just not a good look for a defensive-minded HC and his handpicked hire as DC.

12 minutes ago, antipatriot said:

And I had to pick this game to be my first Colts game :(  Hopefully we can pull off an upset but I am pretty sure I will be sitting among very happy Packers fans.  At least my Packers friend might buy the beer so I can drown my sorrows :)

I always stay pretty positive and pick us to win most weeks but we wont win this game. They are coming off a loss and we have no Defense that can stop Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers will probably put up a 40 burger against us. Probably be something like 40- 24 in that area because we will score too but not enough. I would drink a 6 pack before you go to the game just so you can have fun haha 

Both teams have injuries.  Packers are without their stud Mathews.  It happens, you move on.  Packers will probably win but it seems like just when you count the Colts out they surprise, much to the dismay of those with torches and pitchforks wanting the front office burnt to the ground.

Not saying it will happen, just that it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

On 11/1/2016 at 2:33 PM, FinalAxel said:

My win/loss ratio is 1-7

Game Attended:

I'm going to this game too and I was at the last two games you went to as well I think we are cursed. Let do like the Cubs and break the curse this Sunday

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Hard to say who's going to be making the picks, but I'd love that strategy. And I hate to be the guy calling for coach's heads, but it's very clear now that Pagano isn't well-suited as an NFL head coach. He's a football guy for sure, and I'd guess that he'd probably be very good at the collegiate level where his personality would win over recruits left and right. But as an NFL HC, we've arrived his ceiling. And I know it's a small sample size with Monachino, but I had a bad feeling about that hire to begin with, and now I know why. Our defense has no idea what they're doing from one play to the other, probably 60% of the time it's just a mass of confusion after the ball is snapped. There's no "scheme," it's just a bunch of guys running around. Halfway into the season, we should be seeing some semblance of a "unit" playing together, but we're nowhere near that. That's just not a good look for a defensive-minded HC and his handpicked hire as DC.

I concur

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 1:22 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, it has plenty of benefits, in my opinion. 

1. Fire Pagano, Monachino, and possibly Chud.  Make Philbin interim head coach for the remainder of the season with the unspoken acknowledgement that the season is lost. 

2. Fire Grigson or start doing a bit more research on candidates around the NFL to replace Grigson in the offseason.

3. Try to get rid of all the older vets on the team, including Walden, Mike Adams, DQ, and Gore.  Try to get anything back in return, even if it's late round picks.  If not, Gore deserves to be cut so he can pursue a championship with another team.

4. Give the younger guys more playing time and reps so they can develop, including Maggitt, Blythe, and Clark.

5. Obtain a high pick and free up cap space

6. Give Luck much more freedom.  Let him try calling his own plays for a couple drives in each game.

I concur. good plan

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

All I can say is I'm using Rodgers on Fanduel this week. He may score 7 tds. I bet there are 2 or 3 people in this forum that think we'll beat the Packers this week.

Looks like the 2-3 people were right to think that way. I know I was 1 of the 3! LOL

12 hours ago, krunk said:

Looks like the 2-3 people were right to think that way. I know I was 1 of the 3! LOL

Glad to eat crow. Until the very end, the Colts looked dominate the majority of the game. Sorry for the late response, watched the Colts game with a Packers friend of mine, and the Broncos game with my parents Sunday night. Luck was situationally good, but Gore was great, and the team overperformed. Really impressed with the effort the 1st three quarters. Shows we can do something next year with a great draft.