TKnight24

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I like Jack Doyle . . . but his pass blocking last night was downright pitiful.  He was in on and a big reason we took the sack on the 4th and 1 and our last 3rd down in OT.... Whiffed miserably on one and didn't even block his man on the other...  Please stop using Doyle in max protect. He's looked completely lost. He needs to be out on a pattern on EVERY pass play.

You are absolutely 100% right on this.  Thank God someone else noticed his all-around play.  He had multiple whiffs/missed assignments that led to Luck getting pressured/blown up. 

Everybody seems to be all over Doyle's jockstrap but he is NOT a traditional, 3-down, inline TE in the NFL.

Doyle is a serviceable receiving TE that excels in the flat and in the Red Zone.

Unlike Allen, Doyle cannot beat a linebacker or a safety up the seam for a big play.  Unlike Allen, you cannot consistently leave Doyle in one-on-one blocking situations, particularly if you're asking him to pass protect.

The only TE on the team that is worse than Doyle when it comes to pass pro is Swoope. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Good point. Doyle is a shining star at the TE spot who blocks, catches, & finds the end zone. Praise Jesus! 

I know; I know. Don't oversell it or jinx Jack for crying out loud. Touche.

I'm really looking forward to finding out.  I don't know if he is good or not -  I think part of the reason he's done well is Allen is drawing the "number one"  tight end coverage from the defense when indy is in two tight end sets.  

My gut (and watching all 22) says he is skilled.  Not a huge fan of Griggles (Grigson)  right now, but he deserves credit for picking up Doyle off of waivers from Tennessee.  

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Irsay really doesn't care. He made that very clear when he extended both Chuck & Grigson. You just can't keep both. They don't coexist, people need to understand you cannot force chemistry. Everyone in the world isn't meant to get along

The level of nonsense with this post is high.

Oh and...

Dear God...

7 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Irsay really doesn't care. He made that very clear when he extended both Chuck & Grigson. You just can't keep both. They don't coexist, people need to understand you cannot force chemistry. Everyone in the world isn't meant to get along

Thought we were going to the Super Bowl??

12 hours ago, CyberTwin said:

I don't know why there isn't anyone talking about Swoope. He had a good game last night and looked good. With this injury we will see more of Doyle (which is a beast) and see what Swoope can do. He seems to be developing in his position very well and look forward to seeing if he can keep it up in the time he is given to play.

So true CT.
 Of course i am rooting for Allen to play well for us this season but Swope did do some decent work out there. Looks like a good time to start our youth movement at this position and see what he has.  lol

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Swoope had some blocking issues against Houston, but overall I liked his motor in running routes and runs after YAC.

Sometimes there's this thing call playing time that corrects issues.   Young player who I think has a lot of talent.  Just needs more time in there I believe.   

15 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I know; I know. SW1 always defends Dwayne Allen, but even I must admit his lack of availability since he's been here is troublesome & getting harder & harder for me to make excuses for or give #83 a pass on. 

You've got me dead to rights MD. I will own that. He's finally starting to make plays consistently in games & then he gets nicked again AKA Bob Sanders clone. Sigh...

Please son't say you compared Allen and Sanders in the same sentence

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Sometimes there's this thing call playing time that corrects issues.   Young player who I think has a lot of talent.  Just needs more time in there I believe.   

Totally agree.

As for blocking, AC has more whiffs than I have seen in a long time.  OK...back to TE. :)  

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Totally agree.

As for blocking, AC has more whiffs than I have seen in a long time.  OK...back to TE. :)  

For some reason we just can't put it all together.   I'm real encouraged by that run blocking from that Houston game.  We were clearing those boys out of there like it was nothing.  A lot of indications show we may continue doing well on the ground which is great.   Pass blocking was okay until later on .  Offensive execution is better this year.  Defense was good for about 3 quarters and then progressively melted down with the run defense.  Play action tore us up from there.   If we can just get a full 60 minutes out of this group we might have something.  MIGHT!

For some reason we just can't put it all together.   I'm real encouraged by that run blocking from that Houston game.  We were clearing those boys out of there like it was nothing.  A lot of indications show we may continue doing well on the ground which is great.   Pass blocking was okay until later on .  Offensive execution is better this year.  Defense was good for about 3 quarters and then progressively melted down with the run defense.  Play action tore us up from there.   If we can just get a full 60 minutes out of this group we might have something.  MIGHT!

We just haven't closed games out which is rare because in Andrew's career he has been able to close games 90% of the time when we are either up by 1 score or he comes back to win games. The Jags and Texans games we failed to close

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We just haven't closed games out which is rare because in Andrew's career he has been able to close games 90% of the time when we are either up by 1 score or he comes back to win games. The Jags and Texans games we failed to close

Well the Jags game we failed to open which left us scrambling to close.  The Houston game was a true definition of failing to close. We led from the beginning down to the very end and failed to shut the door. We dominated those dudes from the word go and just screwed the whole game up.  Now we've got two losses in the division and that is going to bite us in the butt if we ever get this thing turned around.  It sucks but it is what it is I guess.........

Well the Jags game we failed to open which left us scrambling to close.  The Houston game was a true definition of failing to close. We led from the beginning down to the very end and failed to shut the door. We dominated those dudes from the word go and just screwed the whole game up.  Now we've got two losses in the division and that is going to bite us in the butt if we ever get this thing turned around.  It sucks but it is what it is I guess.........

Yeah losing that game Sunday is bad. We were 3 minutes away from being in 1st place, now we are 2-4 in last. We played so good for 55 minutes then just gave it away.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah losing that game Sunday is bad. We were 3 minutes away from being in 1st place, now we are 2-4 in last. We played so good for 55 minutes then just gave it away.

We can't lose anymore of these division games.  We just can't

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Playing at Tennessee wont be no picnic. They know we are struggling and we have beat up on them for years so they probably want to send us a message.

I think we'll win this one, but you're right they are better.  I don't think they are better than Houston though. Especially on defense.  The main part I worry about is Mariota running around.  We have problems with the running Blake Bortles type of QB.  They'll probably do a lot of the stuff Jacksonville did. Honestly there's good stuff on film against our D you can take from every game we've played.  The opposition doesn't have to do a lot of risky stuff against our D so far.  Just keep putting our guys in position to make tackles in open space and you have a winning formula.  Got to get that thing fixed.

I think we'll win this one, but you're right they are better.  I don't think they are better than Houston though. Especially on defense.  The main part I worry about is Mariota running around.  We have problems with the running Blake Bortles type of QB.  They'll probably do a lot of the stuff Jacksonville did.  Don't have to do a lot of risky stuff against our D so far.  Just keep putting our guys in position to make tackles in open space and you have a winning formula.  Got to get that thing fixed.

I think if we play like we did Sunday we will win. Texans should lose to the Broncos then things are up in the air again. By losing Sunday to the Texans we have to win the rest of our Division games, there are 4 left. What a hole we are in.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if we play like we did Sunday we will win. Texans should lose to the Broncos then things are up in the air again. By losing Sunday to the Texans we have to win the rest of our Division games, there are 4 left. What a hole we are in.

And the thing is we are perfectly capable of winning the rest of these divisional games.  Problem is when you dig holes in the beginning it just doesn't work out how you want it to sometimes .

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think they'll lose to Denver as well.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'll be glad when Moncrief gets back.  That will open things up for Dorsett a little bit more.  I think he's a better fit playing in the slot than on the outside.    I've liked what I've seen out of Chester Rogers so far too.

Just now, krunk said:

I'll be glad when Moncrief gets back.  That will open things up for Dorsett a little bit more.  I think he's a better fit playing in the slot than on the outside.    I've liked what I've seen out of Chester Rogers so far too.

Yeah Moncrief should make a difference. Makes we wonder had we had him vs the Jags and against the Texans we wouldn't of scored more points and won. I completely agree that Dorsett belongs in the slot. In the slot I see him being dangerous.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Moncrief should make a difference. Makes we wonder had we had him vs the Jags and against the Texans we wouldn't of scored more points and won. I completely agree that Dorsett belongs in the slot. In the slot I see him being dangerous.

Not sure.  Offense was in a peculiar position against the Jags because the entire right side of the line was playing with backups so it limited a lot of how we probably wanted to play. Austin Blythe was getting killed by Malik Jackson and everybody else.  Haeg played okay at tackle. Somewhat up and down.  The funny thing though is we still ran the football down their throats.  Passing game was disrupted though, along with guys dropping the football.  If we played Jax with the lineup we had against Houston I say we would have won.   Water under the bridge now..........

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We just have to keep playing and see where this thing ends up.

Here's another thing that will effect the Texans.  Kevin Johnson to me is their best shutdown corner.  Now he's on IR:

texans-35.png  Texans | Kevin Johnson expected to land on IR    Mon Oct 17, 03:47 PM

Updating a previous story, Texans CB Kevin Johnson (foot) is expected to be placed on the Reserved/Injured list sometime this week after breaking his foot in a Week 6 victory over the Indianapolis Colts.

Footballguys view: The Texans secondary is already banged up with Jonathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson injured as well. Losing Johnson is bad for this defense. It's especially bad as the team faces off against the Broncos (in Denver) on Monday Night Football in Week 7.

Link to story
Kevin Johnson player page