Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patrick Robinson or Greg Toler?

Pacergeek

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I've seen some stories out there that say he could be traded by the trade deadline, but most of it is rumor from what I can see.  Nothing real definite looking.  Bottom line is we need somebody anybody that can help this team right now.  We are just naked and it stinks!

Yeah and he is Good to Very Good IMO. He and Vontae back there would be fun to watch.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not on the never trade picks band wagon.   Especially looking at what we have drafted lately.  Kelly was a good pick and may turn out to be a great pick. But other than that our first round picks are nothing great.  That said if you can get a younger proven talent then I say go for it 

just not sure where the money comes from right now.  Next year sure so he'd have to have a 1st yr friendly contract I assume. But I don't know much about salary cap 

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

I am not on the never trade picks band wagon.   Especially looking at what we have drafted lately.  Kelly was a good pick and may turn out to be a great pick. But other than that our first round picks are nothing great.  That said if you can get a younger proven talent then I say go for it 

just not sure where the money comes from right now.  Next year sure so he'd have to have a 1st yr friendly contract I assume. But I don't know much about salary cap 

Out of LIKES again, they come and go. I like your Post though. Off work today and enjoying the win and giving everyone likes haha 

23 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Or that he is a slot corner and has never excelled on the outside. No different than when we had Butler out there.

Been saying this since the signing.  If he was brought in to replace Butler then fine

He is no better than Toler and it was another case of square peg round hole management by this team

I wish I could find the link of Rick Venturi on the Dakich show talking about how bad the Robinson signing was.  It was right after he was signed.  Basically said he wasnt beter than Toler and we were going to be disappointed but  Toler lost his way with the fan base so he really had to go.

agreed

On 10/10/2016 at 9:31 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure but the Browns are going no where and may do a trade. Here's another question for the forum and you, would you trade our first Round pick for him if the Browns wanted to do it? We may pick in the 20's if we win the Division.

Heck no,  3rd round pick but nth higher 

On 10/9/2016 at 5:42 PM, Pacergeek said:

For as terrible as Greg Toler was, Robinson might even be worse. I should be surprised that Toler's replacement might be worse. However, because Ryan Grigson signed Robinson, I'm not surprised. This is sad quite honestly

What sucks is that they were both good before they came to the Colts. It's like as soon as a guy walks into the Colts complex, he gets a nagging series of injuries that plague him for the duration of his tenure with the team.

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If that side of the field continues to suck it up every week, I think sooner than later you're gonna see TJ Green taking snaps over there. 

Yeah at this point there may be no harm in trying. . . anything.  I couldn't imagine Green being worse.

16 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Exactly, We could have had Danielle Hunter or Jordan Hicks with that pick.

Yes, it would be nice if all GMs could use hindsight to draft. Maybe we could talk the NFL into having a year of trial run on college players before making any picks?   :scratch:

18 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Look at our 1-3 round picks the last three years.   Which one of them would you not give up for Haden?

Haden is young and I would part with at most a 2nd but we can't take that risk we need pass rushers doesn't matter if you have Dion Sanders no pass rush we gonna get burnt. if we trade for Joe Thomas and move constanzo to rt I'm all for moving a 1st lol

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:33 PM, akcolt said:

Really no excuse for not going CB in last years draft. We had the extra 4th we could have gone CB instead we get another slow LB who can't cover. I would have looked CB over Clark in the 3rd too. I thought CB was an obvious need there was nothing behind Davis 

Everyone is on Pagano and he probably isn't a good coach but this is Grig's mess. It makes it tough to tell.  

It took him 5 years and the 18th overall pick to find a competent C a C. We still have no RG despots that being the offseason focus He has yet to add a LB who can play. 

I agree

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes, it would be nice if all GMs could use hindsight to draft. Maybe we could talk the NFL into having a year of trial run on college players before making any picks?   :scratch:

Yeah. A lot of GM's already use hindsight. Its like they just know how to find talent before you ever see the kid play an NFL snap. Like Denver finding Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Brandon Marshall, Shaq Barrett, Derrick Wolfe, Chris Harris Jr., CJ Anderson, Julius Thomas, etc in the mid-late rounds - undrafted. Or Seattle using hindsight to find Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin, Thomas Rawls, etc in the mid - late rounds - undrafted. So yeah. We need to start using hindsight crazycolt1

55 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah. A lot of GM's already use hindsight. Its like they just know how to find talent before you ever see the kid play an NFL snap. Like Denver finding Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Brandon Marshall, Shaq Barrett, Derrick Wolfe, Chris Harris Jr., CJ Anderson, Julius Thomas, etc in the mid-late rounds - undrafted. Or Seattle using hindsight to find Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin, Thomas Rawls, etc in the mid - late rounds - undrafted. So yeah. We need to start using hindsight crazycolt1

Yep, just snap your finger and get it done. It's so easy sitting behind your PC.

Maybe you should send Irsay your resume? 

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

So there are more you would trade than keep 

Well you said the last 3 years, & that's pretty much everybody besides Dorsett. 

I'd be pretty hesitant about trading Dorsett as well, because it would irk me to no end to see some WR-starved team plug him in and immediately tap into his potential. And it'd be pretty difficult to get anything in return on the defensive side of the ball that would help us right away.

6 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Well you said the last 3 years, & that's pretty much everybody besides Dorsett. 

I'd be pretty hesitant about trading Dorsett as well, because it would irk me to no end to see some WR-starved team plug him in and immediately tap into his potential. And it'd be pretty difficult to get anything in return on the defensive side of the ball that would help us right away.

LaRaven Clark

DJoun  Smith 

Henry Anderson

Bjorn Werner 

Hugh Thornton 

others drafted 1,2 and 3

14 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

LaRaven Clark

DJoun  Smith 

Henry Anderson

Bjorn Werner 

Hugh Thornton 

others drafted 1,2 and 3

You said last 3 drafts (2014, 15, & 16), so Thornton wouldn't be included. Smith & Werner aren't on the team anymore, and I doubt we'd get anything worthwhile in return for LaRaven Clark, he's not NFL ready yet. That leaves Anderson I guess, but he's probably another guy I'd like to keep around. Plus, I'm not sure if trading Anderson straight up would be enough to get a guy like Haden, there'd probably have to be a pick included too.

10 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You said last 3 drafts (2014, 15, & 16), so Thornton wouldn't be included. Smith & Werner aren't on the team anymore, and I doubt we'd get anything worthwhile in return for LaRaven Clark, he's not NFL ready yet. That leaves Anderson I guess, but he's probably another guy I'd like to keep around. Plus, I'm not sure if trading Anderson straight up would be enough to get a guy like Haden, there'd probably have to be a pick included too.

I wasn't saying those players.  I'm showing the results of those picks.   My point is that we rarely draft anyone in the 1st 3 rounds that is that great so the value of trading next yrs 1,2 or 3 round draft pick would be well used on an established playmaker that can help the team now

This is why I am not against trading one of our top draft picks next year for a player that we need now. 

On 10/9/2016 at 7:26 PM, Coltfreak said:

Or that he is a slot corner and has never excelled on the outside. No different than when we had Butler out there.

Been saying this since the signing.  If he was brought in to replace Butler then fine

He is no better than Toler and it was another case of square peg round hole management by this team

I wish I could find the link of Rick Venturi on the Dakich show talking about how bad the Robinson signing was.  It was right after he was signed.  Basically said he wasnt beter than Toler and we were going to be disappointed but  Toler lost his way with the fan base so he really had to go.

I have to agree. Im hoping Robinson just wasnt 100% last week because if this is his best, its gonna be a long season for him.