Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patrick Robinson or Greg Toler?

Pacergeek

On 10/10/2016 at 6:57 PM, coltsfanatic24 said:

The Browns are 0-5 and basically out of it. There are reports that both Joe Haden and Joe Thomas could be traded. Haden would solve a lot of our problems defensively. 

Our problems are way harder to fix then just adding Joe Haden our LBs are awful damn near everyone of them is a backup caliber player

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah. A lot of GM's already use hindsight. Its like they just know how to find talent before you ever see the kid play an NFL snap. Like Denver finding Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Brandon Marshall, Shaq Barrett, Derrick Wolfe, Chris Harris Jr., CJ Anderson, Julius Thomas, etc in the mid-late rounds - undrafted. Or Seattle using hindsight to find Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Byron Maxwell, KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner, Doug Baldwin, Thomas Rawls, etc in the mid - late rounds - undrafted. So yeah. We need to start using hindsight crazycolt1

Well to do that you have to know what talent looks like and that's something Grigson does not know how to do 

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yep, just snap your finger and get it done. It's so easy sitting behind your PC.

Maybe you should send Irsay your resume? 

His point is Grigson is a paid professional to find talent he shouldn't suck this bad at it. And people on here should not be able to see that someone is talented yet Grigson for some reason cant??

On 10/9/2016 at 9:15 PM, Derakynn said:

Cromartie would have the same production but with multiple penalties to add to it. That is the only positive thing about Robinson over Toler as well - penalties. Robinson looked like total garbage today though. I'd honestly just start Melvin. He isn't amazing, but he is definitely better. 

The difference between Robinson and Cromartie is that Robinson never gets close enough to the receiver to draw a flag. 

On 10/9/2016 at 7:42 PM, Pacergeek said:

For as terrible as Greg Toler was, Robinson might even be worse. I should be surprised that Toler's replacement might be worse. However, because Ryan Grigson signed Robinson, I'm not surprised. This is sad quite honestly

I vote neither, though I was never a Toler hater as most, perhaps because I got to hang out with his Mom and brothers at a Colts game.  But neither really are/were the answer.  I don't recall Toler getting beat as badly as Robinson regular does, but then I have that bias, so perhaps he did.  He also made a few standout plays including some that helped us win games.  Robinson has yet to do that.  But come on, if we were going to make only 1 FA signing, though CB was the right position, couldn't we have gotten an A lister rather than a B- on a good day level guy?  

9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

His point is Grigson is a paid professional to find talent he shouldn't suck this bad at it. And people on here should not be able to see that someone is talented yet Grigson for some reason cant??

So does that count for the pro bowl players he has brought in since he has been here?

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So does that count for the pro bowl players he has brought in since he has been here?

We are talking about drafting and using hindsight please stay on track here. But even if we do talk about his pro bowlers of all of them how many made it on the talent they have and not because of injuries ahead of them?

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We are talking about drafting and using hindsight please stay on track here. But even if we do talk about his pro bowlers of all of them how many made it on the talent they have and not because of injuries ahead of them?

So when that happens to other players on other teams it don't count?

No matter what you think Grigson has made some good moves. His mistakes didn't come from lack of trying. He also didn't win GM of the year by not doing a good job.

You mention hindsight? If that is the case why are you using hindsight to judge? Every GM in the league suffers from what could have been had they had hindsight. Hindsight is just another word for "if". If is the smallest word in the dictionary with the largest meaning.

I am sure Belichick had he known how good Brady was he would have drafted him before the 6th round? Hindsight?

It is so easy to use hindsight after the facts. Most people who use hindsight to judge are stuck in the past. What is done is done and the future is all that matters.

You, me or no one else has a crystal ball that tells the future but dwelling on the past is useless.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So when that happens to other players on other teams it don't count?

No matter what you think Grigson has made some good moves. His mistakes didn't come from lack of trying. He also didn't win GM of the year by not doing a good job.

You mention hindsight? If that is the case why are you using hindsight to judge? Every GM in the league suffers from what could have been had they had hindsight. Hindsight is just another word for "if". If is the smallest word in the dictionary with the largest meaning.

I am sure Belichick had he known how good Brady was he would have drafted him before the 6th round? Hindsight?

It is so easy to use hindsight after the facts. Most people who use hindsight to judge are stuck in the past. What is done is done and the future is all that matters.

You, me or no one else has a crystal ball that tells the future but dwelling on the past is useless.

Your are trying very hard to defend your boy Grigson like always. All me and Colts449 were talking about was drafting and my point about that is if us as fans can see that someone else is better and yet he picks the lesser player it's not really hindsight like you were claiming. Over half the board knew that Rhodes was a better pick then Werner. I knew Kendricks was a better pick then Dorsett yet I don't get paid millions like him. The whole point is if he is gonna get paid millions he damn sure should know better then an Internet forum.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Your are trying very hard to defend your boy Grigson like always. All me and Colts449 were talking about was drafting and my point about that is if us as fans can see that someone else is better and yet he picks the lesser player it's not really hindsight like you were claiming. Over half the board knew that Rhodes was a better pick then Werner. I knew Kendricks was a better pick then Dorsett yet I don't get paid millions like him. The whole point is if he is gonna get paid millions he damn sure should know better then an Internet forum.

Because I don't back the firing Grigson attitude you call him my boy?

IMO to fire Grigson at this point and even at the end of the season would put this team back another 5 years. It is easy to sit behind your PC and call for the firing of Grigson but then what? Another retread GM? Another new face? An ex football player who has zero experience?

We had a lot of patience with Polian and it took him how many years just to win a playoff game?

It was thought to be a good thing for Grigson to think outside of the box as it happened and most were raving about it. Now that things get rough it's hang him out.

I don't have the answers but neither do you or anyone else.

All I can say is I am sure glad most forum members are not in control because being a PC GM is easy.

14 hours ago, a06cc said:

At some point I'd like to see Trevor Bates play at ILB. He can rush the passer, has coverage skills and great hands. I'm telling you guys the kid can play

Unfortunately he is going to play for someone else, unless we re-sign him.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:31 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure but the Browns are going no where and may do a trade. Here's another question for the forum and you, would you trade our first Round pick for him if the Browns wanted to do it? We may pick in the 20's if we win the Division.

No.  I think the Colts will probably have a losing record this year and may be in position to get a stud pass rusher in the draft or trade up to get one, so draft picks are important. 

A #1 pass rusher is a much higher priority than a #2 CB, even a good one.

Unless the Browns would take a 4th rounder...then sure.