Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Huge Game Next Week

Archer

13 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The coaching still continues to just baffle me. And I feel like the defense is somehow worse since we got everyone healthy. What's the deal with that?

IDK.  I'm holding out some glimmer of hope this was just a bad game, maybe we schemed incorrectly, maybe players had the flu, etc.  I'm just not sold on it.  It seems the next INT we get will be our first and QB pressure is almost non-existent.

Colts/Texans week. 1st place in the Division is on the line. Very nervous about our Defensive play but have a lot of confidence in Andrew right now putting up a bunch of points against a Texans team that doesn't have JJ Watt. Luckily we are playing a QB who is Average at best as well but look how well Hoyer played? So far Andrew has thrown for 1469 Yards, 10 TD's and has only 3 INT's despite really still having no run game and being sacked over 20 times so far! If Watt was playing I would favor the Texans and be fearing for Andrew's life but without him in there I love our chances. Opposite of last season, we didn't have Andrew and they took advantage of it so we need to seize the moment when we can.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we win this game, Brock is Average. I am not so sure Hoyer isn't better than Brock to be honest. They have no Watt either plus all the pressure is on them now being at home and supposedly being the better team LOL. We have momentum as well going into the game after a win, Texans looked lousy today.  Andrew puts 30 points up IMO.

I could go with that on the QB analysis but their receivers are better then Chicago's.

We can only put Davis on one of them, so Osweiller should just look at the other one as he will likely break open.  

Not to mention slot receivers and TE's.  

The good news is that I don't think Houston has any top flight pass rushers with Watt out.  Clowney hasn't been meeting expectations.  So it gives us a chance to win in a shootout.

But I wouldn't count on our secondary being able to contain them.  

Also I will note that Hoyer tore our defense apart and we would have been blown out if not for Chicago making mistakes in the red zone.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

I could go with that on the QB analysis but their receivers are better then Chicago's.

We can only put Davis on one of them, so Osweiller should just look at the other one as he will likely break open.  

Not to mention slot receivers and TE's.  

Colts win 30-27 is my early prediction, yes Brock will probably play better than Average against our Defense but will make a mistake or 2. I can see them scoring like everyone else does but can they match our scoring?

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts/Texans week. 1st place in the Division is on the line. Very nervous about our Defensive play but have a lot of confidence in Andrew right now putting up a bunch of points against a Texans team that doesn't have JJ Watt. Luckily we are playing a QB who is Average at best as well but look how well Hoyer played? So far Andrew has thrown for 1469 Yards, 10 TD's and has only 3 INT's despite really still having no run game and being sacked over 20 times so far! If Watt was playing I would favor the Texans and be fearing for Andrew's life but without him in there I love our chances. Opposite of last season, we didn't have Andrew and they took advantage of it so we need to seize the moment when we can.

Hoyer is better than Brock Hoyer can throw if you give him time Brock just sucks.

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Colts win 30-27 is my early prediction, yes Brock will probably play better than Average against our Defense but will make a mistake or 2. I can see them scoring like everyone else does but can they match our scoring?

Depends heavily on if they are able to get to our QB.  

If our OL can give Luck time then we have a *CHANCE* at winning a shootout.

18 minutes ago, Coltswarriors said:

Our defense will make Brock look like Joe Montana. Much like we made Hoyer yesterday..

Imagine this scenario, Brock playing lousy but they still beat us somehow 17-16. Then the haters will say Brock is KING even if he only has 175 Yards passing, 0 TD's, and 2 INT's and Luck doesn't deserve his contract haha Luck will still have 300 Yards passing a TD and no INT's.

This game is going to be interesting.  Lets face it, we can bash the play of Brock O but our defense will be the weakest he's played.  The Bears came in averaging 15 PPG which is towards the bottom of the league if not the very bottom and they put up 23 points on the Colts on the road.  They also missed a FG or two.  Houston is going to score 23 plus points easily at home.  They do have quite a few play makers on the offensive side of the ball.  Their QB and line are both shaky but the Colts haven't been able to get to the QB all year.  The Colts offense has to score quite a few points in order to win this game. I'll say they need around 30.  Luck will need to be protected and someone other than Hilton will have to make plays.  If the Colts turn the ball over, it's all over.  They also need to get off to a good start on offense.  If the run game isn't working, they need to look to pass early instead of waiting until the 4th quarter.  It's still early but I think the Colts need this game more than the Texans.  I think I've heard that the Texans secondary is depleted because of injuries?  I am guessing they lost a few corners yesterday?  That could be good news for T.Y. and Dorsett.  It'd sure be nice to get Donte back, we could use him!  As frustrating as the Colts have been to watch this year, they can totally redeem themselves with a win Sunday to get back on top of the South.  

18 hours ago, chad hugo said:

our defense will probably make osweiler look like a pro bowler

I watched the game at a Sports Bar yesterday and sat next to a Bears fan.

At the start, I told him that our defense will make some of his offensive players look All-Pro!

And we did just that.      Hoyer looked pretty darn good,  right up until the last few downs of the game.

On the last play,   Jeffrey was wide open in the end zone.     Fortunately,  Hoyer didn't see him.

The main problem with the defense is zero pass rush. I am not sure how you generate it with the current personnel, especially given how Mathis is MIA so far this year. If they can somehow speed up Osweiler and force him to commit a turnover or two I think the Colts win. I think the Colts will be able to move the ball on the Houston D, especially without Watt. Colts 31-23.

Will be a close game. Could go either way. Don't rule the Colts out in this one. Realistically, I could see the Colts and Texans splitting the games this year. I don't see the Colts getting blown out by anyone this year. The whole schedule will be competitive. Just need to make the clutch plays and we can win Sunday and squeak into the playoffs further down the line.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Texans are tied for dead last in points per game at 16.4. They paid a guy 18 million dollars a season and he is putting up 16 points a game basically. We actually should win this game as long as we play smart.

I agree. As per usual, it will be all on the offense to steal a win. And if the line can just hold long enough to give Andrew time, and reduce the amount of stupid holding penalties, I see no reason why we can't win this game. 

The first quarter of the season has proven that the Texans have the worst quarterback in the division. 

Like I said I cant wait for Sunday because we haven't had anything to celebrate or be happy about in a long while. While the media has built the Texans up and the Haters, Trolls, and Fairweather Colts fans have just bashed our team from Pagano to Grigson to even Luck. Come Sunday (if we win) the media will do a complete 360 and finally praise Luck and the team again. Also, hopefully the Trolls/Colts bashers will disappear so this forum is back to being what it should be = a Great place to chat like it was when I joined.

One thing I will add, and I don't think some people don't realize this....our running game has been pretty effective so far this year.  Frank is number 11 in yards in the league and avg. a solid 4.2 YPC...he has been flirting with 100 yards the past few weeks.

If we keep the tempo of the offense up from time to time like this past week I believe the offense will be more than okay, especially since they don't have Watt for the time being.  The defense scares me still, if we could could just generate some pass rush.....now I do realize as the old saying goes " IF me aunt had balls she'd be my uncle" but I'm just hoping someone on the DL can step up for us.

I don't like to predict scores, but I think it will be a close game, whoever has the last possession will come away victorious.

16 hours ago, krunk said:

Mathis needs to be sat down. It appears his ship is sailing away. If this truly is injury related I still say sit him down until healthy.

No argument, whatever the cause (age or injury), we have to get something from his spot on the field.  Trouble is, there don't appear to be better options.  Maggitt, Ayres, and Bates all seem like more natural SAMs - but we're probably better off with them right now.  At minimum there is development potential in all of them.  

Aging in place is a challenge in the NFL just like real life!

My opinion is this: The Colts tend to, and have in the past with some exceptions, play to the level of their competition. We have seen it in years past. 2013....they beat both SB participants but get dusted by the Chargers and Rams. 2014....blasted the Bengals and Ravens but lost big to the Steelers, Pats and Cowboys.

The times they are beaten badly, it's usually a personnel issue. Sometimes it's scheme, as with the Pats, but mostly personnel IMO.

BUT, in most games they play to the level of their competitors. See this year against the Broncos. They went into the defending SB Champs home and held serve until the last drive. But they lose to the Jags.

So, for this game, I except them to dial it up again and make it a game. I can't say they win, but I give them a good chance. Osweiler hasn't been great, but we are a sieve on D. I really wish we had Moncrief back for this one. At the same time, Luck and the offense can take advantage of their defense....plus we have Vinatieri and McAfee. 

Homer me says 27-21 Colts

Realistic me says 17-28 Texans

The Colts offense is elite despite the inconsistent offensive line, Moncrief being injured, and Dorsett not getting many targets. The Texans aren't good offensively and Watt isn't playing. Eventually our defense will have an average game which will be good enough. I think we win this one. Colts 27 - Texans 16

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

castanzo  will need help with clowney