Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Huge Game Next Week

Archer

On the surface, it would seem the Colts are going to get killed at Houston.  Clearly, the Colts' D hasn't played well enough to beat many teams most weeks.  However, Houston's offense is quite terrible in its own right.  Our weak Defense against their weak Offense.  Their strong D vs. our relatively good O.  This will be a huge game that will put us in first place if we win.  Potential season changing game next week, and D'Qwell and our D will be key if we are to win...

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

So, you've picked the Colts, what, twice in the past decade? 

I'm saying in a big game when it's a good def vs a good off and bad def vs ok off. The team with better def normally wins the big game. Cause they slow the good offenses down but the bad defense can't get any stops. Bit confusing but you get what I'm trying to say.  

That being said I think the colts can beat them cause the Texans are choke artist 

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

So, you've picked the Colts, what, twice in the past decade? 

I always trick my self into thinking that the colts can win every game,  even when we was 2-14 I was sitting there like Curtis painter gonna win this game lol 

44 minutes ago, Archer said:

On the surface, it would seem the Colts are going to get killed at Houston.  Clearly, the Colts' D hasn't played well enough to beat many teams most weeks.  However, Houston's offense is quite terrible in its own right.  Our weak Defense against their weak Offense.  Their strong D vs. our relatively good O.  This will be a huge game that will put us in first place if we win.  Potential season changing game next week, and D'Qwell and our D will be key if we are to win...

Plus we're on the national spotlight. The game is going to be on NBC Sunday night.

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Have to favor Houston in Houston. We have a shot but they should be favored at home. Their two big losses this year also were to SB contenders.

No doubt..but JJ Watt is gone..and there will be real pressure on the home team...

They have not played well the last 3 weeks...

We have a chance..right now..Brock isnt as good as Hoyer

I think we win this game, Brock is Average. I am not so sure Hoyer isn't better than Brock to be honest. They have no Watt either plus all the pressure is on them now being at home and supposedly being the better team LOL. We have momentum as well going into the game after a win, Texans looked lousy today.  Andrew puts 30 points up IMO.

I think it'll be close, but Houston will look like the better team most of the night and pull away towards the end. Early prediction: Texans 27-16 Colts

However this is the type of game that can change seasons. If Indy can pull it out, look out. It would be huge for a team that has at times, looked like they would be in contention for the number one overall pick, to beat their rivals on prime time, on the road.

5 minutes ago, jseg18 said:

I will be flying there from Cali to root for the colts. Let's build off this ugly win

Our Defense is playing lousy right now but they have another week to work on things. I think we will win because I don't think the Texans Defense can stop us from scoring less than 27 points. I also see Brock Osweiler throwing a pick or 2 which will help us, not because our Defense is good but because he isn't good. Pressure is on now Brock!

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Thanks NB...

..I'm just thinking we need to air raid them....its unlikely we'll run well on that line.

If we get ahead..their crowd will turn on them..

...this is the pivotal game of the year....a win and we're even

And we put pressure on them to beat us at home.  Which they've only got 1 win here.  That'll be in our favor in more ways than one if we get the win

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Thanks NB...

..I'm just thinking we need to air raid them....its unlikely we'll run well on that line.

If we get ahead..their crowd will turn on them..

...this is the pivotal game of the year....a win and we're even

I agree, I think we should run the no huddle on the first drive to see how they react to it and even throw one deep to Dorsett to test them. If we hit on it and go up 7-0 then they will really be feeling the pressure.

3 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

I'm saying in a big game when it's a good def vs a good off and bad def vs ok off. The team with better def normally wins the big game. Cause they slow the good offenses down but the bad defense can't get any stops. Bit confusing but you get what I'm trying to say.  

That being said I think the colts can beat them cause the Texans are choke artist 

Didnt work for Denver today    

I'm usually excited about Colts Texans, but this year Im a little pessimistic with this D that can't put pressure on even the worst offenses. And we have gotten even more thin in the secondary. I think dealing with Fuller and Hopkins is going to be an issue. Especially when combined with poor run defense.